Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR
Default Need to know what to do >_>

Got a speeding ticket on november 18th. 92kmph in a 60kmph zone, 232$ fine, 4 points. He brought it down to 75 in a 60 which is 0 points and 52.50$ fine but I don't even have 50 dollars. I have no job right now, I called my boss back asking him to come back to work because he told me if I ever wanted to go back to work he'd be glad to let me back anytime. So I call him and turns out they aren't busy enough so I gotta wait until January... So my friend offered to pay for my ticket if I got the job back today, but I didn't.

So now I have to tell my parents about the ticket, even though I only got charged with the most minimum fine possible they'll still flip out and possibly take my car away(they're car, I use it because we have 4 vehicles and 3 drivers). Will a ticket that low make insurance go up? I need to pay it off by Dec 3rd so I'm pretty much ****ed. What happens if I don't even pay it at all?

This is my first ticket, all because I wanted to get passed a ****ing slow ass van before the two lanes merge into one and it turns into an 80 and an undercover cop decided to be coming in the other lane at the exact time I do this
Old 11-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Izzy
Snek

Default Re: Need to know what to do >_>

I doubt insurance rates will be effected much. Getting tickets sucks though.

I've only gotten one ticket and it was for turning left on red at 4:30 am in the middle of nowhere. Good thing there was a cop car in the bushes!
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Especially since me and my exgf were in an argument right before, we were supposed to hang out and go to the movies, my treat. Then she decided she didnt want to go to school after I dropped her off, so then I go kaysweet, we can chill now. Then she changes plans around, so I drive home, upset. And this happens. If she would have stuck to our plans, I would be trouble free right now.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
Got a speeding ticket on november 18th. 92kmph in a 60kmph zone, 232$ fine, 4 points. He brought it down to 75 in a 60 which is 0 points and 52.50$ fine but I don't even have 50 dollars. I have no job right now, I called my boss back asking him to come back to work because he told me if I ever wanted to go back to work he'd be glad to let me back anytime. So I call him and turns out they aren't busy enough so I gotta wait until January... So my friend offered to pay for my ticket if I got the job back today, but I didn't.

So now I have to tell my parents about the ticket, even though I only got charged with the most minimum fine possible they'll still flip out and possibly take my car away(they're car, I use it because we have 4 vehicles and 3 drivers). Will a ticket that low make insurance go up? I need to pay it off by Dec 3rd so I'm pretty much ****ed. What happens if I don't even pay it at all?

This is my first ticket, all because I wanted to get passed a ****ing slow ass van before the two lanes merge into one and it turns into an 80 and an undercover cop decided to be coming in the other lane at the exact time I do this
Depends on your insurance.

But if you don’t pay the fine on time, it grows. Penalties, late fees, bench warrants, arrests, lawyers, jail time, and you’ll have to pay it before you can renew your car registration anyway.

If you had all this time to get back to working, why did you wait until now to ask, btw?

At any rate, a quick way to earn money is to sell stuff on Craigslist. If you're desperate, go door to door and offer to mow lawns or do yardwork. Or ask a friend to borrow it at some premium (add like $5-$20 to make it worth lending if someone won't lend it for free). Or go to sites like Mechanical Turk or Elance (****ty pay but if you do this long enough, you can rack up $50 in time).

Last edited by Reincarnate; 11-30-2010 at 01:42 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Depends on your insurance.

But if you don’t pay the fine on time, it grows. Penalties, late fees, bench warrants, arrests, lawyers, jail time, and you’ll have to pay it before you can renew your car registration anyway.

If you had all this time to get back to working, why did you wait until now to ask, btw?

At any rate, a quick way to earn money is to sell stuff on Craigslist. If you're desperate, go door to door and offer to mow lawns or do yardwork. Or ask a friend to borrow it at some premium (add like $5-$20 to make it worth lending if someone won't lend it for free). Or go to sites like Mechanical Turk or Elance (****ty pay but if you do this long enough, you can rack up $50 in time).
I waited because now I'm finally back feeling healthy after my break up, I haven't been sleeping and ****, and now my sleeping schedual is back on track. I also really want to buy a new car. I just sold two cymbals which I already miss dearly just to pay for gas. Now I'm trying to sell cymbal stands. I have nothing to sell.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
freekilltwo
FFR Player

my roomate neglected to pay some tickets in PA last year and the city he got the tickets in sent him a lettery saying he had a warrent, he went in and payed them and it was over, for your case i would imagine that you may be able to work out a payment plan with the town or city that they came from
freekilltwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot

Man up and tell your folks, but assure them that you're already well on your way to getting the cash you need for the ticket. Start crankin' away at Amazon Mechanical Turk and consider selling a few things on Craigslist.

Avoid your parent's wrath by taking responsibility for the entire scenario and not just sweeping it under the rug. You'll gain a lot of respect.

I speak from experience on this one. $200 ticket. 85 MPH in a 70. Paid it full and told the folks.

Edit: Also, if you need a little help, I can spot you some. I trust you enough in this scenario.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

I can't pay them because I don;t have a job, I've gotten one call back in my life, one interview and I never got a second interview so I didn't get the job. I have given resumes everywhere. But now I gotta find a job right away. I heard Pizza Hut was desperate for employee's but I DO NOT WANT TO WORK IN FOOD. But needs must.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #9
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
I can't pay them because I don;t have a job, I've gotten one call back in my life, one interview and I never got a second interview so I didn't get the job. I have given resumes everywhere. But now I gotta find a job right away. I heard Pizza Hut was desperate for employee's but I DO NOT WANT TO WORK IN FOOD. But needs must.
If you have an opportunity to make money that will save you from financial damage, you can't really afford to be picky. Before I worked in finance, I worked as a tutor for side-money, and before that I was an IT assistant, and before that? I worked at Nordstrom and Macy's doing stuff I absolutely hated... but it got the job done.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Rubin0
FFR Player

I think taking the car away is very extreme for a first ticket. Everyone gets a speeding/moving violation ticket at some point, especially when they are new drivers. You were being irresponsible, but hopefully you will learn from this experience, and if your parents are reasonable people they will find a way for you to pay them back for the ticket (I'm assuming you are going to ask them to give you the money).

Last edited by Rubin0; 11-30-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Rubin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Tell your parents you're going to pay them back and become a server at a decent restaurant. You will have the cash in your hand after your training by the first day if you milk the "it's my first day" card well enough. Problem solved.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Tell your parents you're going to pay them back and become a server at a decent restaurant. You will have the cash in your hand after your training by the first day if you milk the "it's my first day" card well enough. Problem solved.
My mom actually works at a restaurant and that's where I got my first ever job. I might try out Pizza Hut considering they need people ASAP and I need a 2 month job ASAP.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Well then ya better get on it buddy.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #14
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yeah, I don't see why people are so picky when it coems to job hunting. A job is a job regardless of what it is. You're lucky if you get a job in this economy anymore. Fast food jobs are even filled by people over 30, kind of sad really. :/
So yeah definately take any job to get you out of this.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
Izzy
Snek

I'd rather do endless hours of manual labor than have part time job dealing general masses of people.

I'll have to get over it this summer though -_-;
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I'd rather do endless hours of manual labor than have part time job dealing general masses of people.
I'd honestly have a hard time deciding. When I worked in retail, I hated it -- but only because I disliked standing for so many hours on end. There's also nothing quite like dealing with irrationally angry/stupid customers.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #17
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

i have been working at a restaurant for over a year. its not that bad. suck it up. you can make $50 in one day.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
Rubin0
FFR Player

I worked in an event planning company for years....selling women their wedding invitations, centerpieces, making their favors, etc. It was literally the worst job I have ever had and probably ever will have. I quit that **** a few months ago and am seriously considering a labor job because I NEVER want to work in retail/sales again. It's just a little harder for females to get labor job. I just don't want to get stuck dealing with those ****ing people ever again.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post

I'll have to get over it this summer though -_-;
I've done both. Did hard labor for 13 hours a day from 6 am - 7 pm during the summer, working at fast food is ten times better than sweating your ass off and almost passing out haha.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #20
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak04 View Post
I've done both. Did hard labor for 13 hours a day from 6 am - 7 pm during the summer, working at fast food is ten times better than sweating your ass off and almost passing out haha.
I worked at a restaurant, hated it. I also hate working with people, so I don't wanna be a bus boy or waitor.

The job I just called back about was my summer job, I quit because of the intense 40 degree celcius summer we had where I couldn't work outside for 10.5 hours a day. I quit that and he said come back anytime, now that I'm ready to work and it's nice and cold out and we have snow he doesn't need me until January >_> By the way this job consists of building two new apartment buildings with 29 rooms in each. Boss is awesome but I hate all the dicks who work there. They told my boss I was going on more breaks than I was supposed to when really all I did was go to my car to get a water bottle rofl. These are 25-40 year old men telling on a 17 year old at work.

I made 14 bucks an hour there, instead of the 10.25 minimun wage and I worked any hours I wanted, now I gotta work a schedual.

Also kmay, only 50 bucks a day? Are you talking about tips? My mom works at a small restaurant and makes nearly 100+ everyday just in tips alone.