Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games

Old 06-1-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 3DS Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Fuck yiss. I can't wait to grab this when I get my 3DS back from Best Buy.
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2013, 09:15 PM   #22
psychopete
Quite electrifying.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychopete

Only small shame is the fact that there's no Advance Shop, so no 100% completion. Oh well.

Picking up Ages with my next paycheck, working my way through Seasons now. I enjoy these a lot more now than I did as a kid, and I loved the hell out of them when I was younger.
psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

They took out the Advance Shop? Bummer! (Meh, I never cared for 100%, the Green Ring was hard enough to get)

Easy trick in Seasons to get the gasha nut heart piece: There's a buried patch of soil near the entrance to the sixth dungeon (two screens right and one down from the Gale Tree in the top-left corner of the world map). Plant a seed there, beat the dungeon, then head right for it and there should be your Heart Piece.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 06-4-2013 at 07:03 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopete View Post
Only small shame is the fact that there's no Advance Shop, so no 100% completion. Oh well.

Picking up Ages with my next paycheck, working my way through Seasons now. I enjoy these a lot more now than I did as a kid, and I loved the hell out of them when I was younger.
It's not like the game told you it was completed 100% in the first place... No big loss. These advance rings did absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2013, 06:50 PM   #25
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

In Oracle of Ages, how are you supposed to enter the cave by the fairies forest? I think it has something to do with bombs, I just don't know where to find them.
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

I'm your man, I've got all the answers!

In the forest, search every corner. You'll eventually stumble upon a mystery seeds tree. Take them. A soldier will spot you and tell you than Queen Ambi was looking for them. Hel'll take you to the palace. The rest is straightforward.

Quote:
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 06-5-2013, 06:12 PM   #27
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I decided to get the games, started with Oracle of Seasons and is it just me or is the boss in the Tarm Ruins hard to beat?
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2013, 08:07 PM   #28
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
I'm your man, I've got all the answers!

In the forest, search every corner. You'll eventually stumble upon a mystery seeds tree. Take them. A soldier will spot you and tell you than Queen Ambi was looking for them. Hel'll take you to the palace. The rest is straightforward.
Thanks, man. I have successfully gotten halfway through the second dungeon now.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #29
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kitty~ View Post
I decided to get the games, started with Oracle of Seasons and is it just me or is the boss in the Tarm Ruins hard to beat?
Not just you. Manhandla can be an absolute bitch with all the conveyor belts pushing you towards the center of the room and just how mobile he is. Equip the Magic Boomerang and the Roc's Feather, find your favorite island, and each flower requires 3 hits with the boomerang to destroy, using the feather to dodge as needed. After managing to destroy all the flowers, a few more boomerang hits to the body will expose his core. When you pull this off, all that's left is to run up, pull out your sword and destroy him. (You do have the Noble Sword, right?)
Old 06-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #30
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

Only finished seasons, never ages. However the series are amazing so deff getting these.
Old 07-7-2013, 01:16 PM   #31
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

If you're going to three-heart either of these games, a few points to keep in mind:

1. Get Dimitri. Insta-nom is better than damaging foes.

2. Invest in rings that reduce your damage taken. Armor Rings are a cheap way to do this. It's worth falling for the trap in the Great Moblin's castle in Ages to get the Armor Ring L-1, which is actually quite useful during that fight. It's also good for climbing the cliff south of Symmetry City.

3. Always have a Magic Potion on hand. This is not optional. You get 200 Rupees in the Zora Castle in Ages for a reason.

4. Minimize risk. When faced with a choice between dodging an attack and getting in a hit, always dodge. Pick enemies off with seeds and bombs whenever possible. The super-tough centaur enemies with sword arms? Boomerang stun. They aren't worth the trouble. It is, however, worth the trouble to get the Red Ring. Shorter fights are always better.

5. Learn how secrets work. The Mirror Shield and Master Sword are incredibly superior to anything else, and Bombchu takes a lot of the pain out of the tight quarters of the Black Tower Turret.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #32
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Bump because I'm looking for tips on how to do the mermaid suit area in the Ancient Tomb in Oracle of Ages.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #33
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

I personally didn't like Seasons very much but Ages is another story. I played through Ages multiple times but Seasons not so much. I guess I'm a sucker for the time travel? I dunno. I just liked the dungeons a lot more in Ages.

I should try to three heart run these games. I've done nearly every other Zelda game so may as well try these as well :P Don't remember much about them anymore though haha. Time to replay!

EDIT: Just noticed that was a necro thread lol. And sorry I don't have tips to help. Though Ages is my fav I don't remember much anymore. Probably all come back once I start playing it though.

Last edited by shenjoku; 10-31-2013 at 12:25 AM..
shenjoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:23 AM   #34
ShAiOnEi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ShAiOnEi Send a message via Yahoo to ShAiOnEi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
It's that day, people. The day where you put FFR down, even though the notes will be posted in the next hour. The day where you buy a 3ds if you haven't already, and where you shell out $10 to play the greatest piece of video game adventure in history, namely, the Zelda Oracle of ages/Seasons series.

Seriously, this is my favorite Zelda ever (yes, ever (yes, EVER)) and I am super glad they are releasing it again. With the game link feature, you'll spend hours finishing the same games to different results. It is amazing, transcendental, even. And if you need any more reason to get this,

Anyone else has anything to share about these? Gosh, this might be an FFR forum, there is no reason not to embrace the true greatness of these.
For once somebody else agrees with me and hell yes this zelda kicks ass I love those games the best.

Epic thread killer
ShAiOnEi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #35
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenjoku View Post
I personally didn't like Seasons very much but Ages is another story. I played through Ages multiple times but Seasons not so much. I guess I'm a sucker for the time travel? I dunno. I just liked the dungeons a lot more in Ages.

I should try to three heart run these games. I've done nearly every other Zelda game so may as well try these as well :P Don't remember much about them anymore though haha. Time to replay!

EDIT: Just noticed that was a necro thread lol. And sorry I don't have tips to help. Though Ages is my fav I don't remember much anymore. Probably all come back once I start playing it though.
Same. That's why I've gotten further in Ages than I did in Seasons. I'm only on the fourth dungeon in Seasons and I'm in the eighth dungeon in Ages. I personally found Ages a lot easier, even though the majority of people who have played both of these games say Ages is harder than Seasons.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #36
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Huh, I don't remember either being much harder than the other. Guess I'll find out when I start replaying them
Old 10-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #37
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 View Post
Bump because I'm looking for tips on how to do the mermaid suit area in the Ancient Tomb in Oracle of Ages.
If you're talking about the part where you have to dodge the pits while the water flows, I just go down the middle, making minimal adjustments. The more you swim out of the way of the pits, the more you'll have to correct your course to dodge the next one.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #38
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
If you're talking about the part where you have to dodge the pits while the water flows, I just go down the middle, making minimal adjustments. The more you swim out of the way of the pits, the more you'll have to correct your course to dodge the next one.
I'll try that out. Thanks!

Edit: @Shenjoku People are saying Ages is more difficult because they seem to have a harder time with the dungeons and more enemies are in that game.
Old 11-2-2013, 01:30 AM   #39
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Old 11-2-2013, 09:53 AM   #40
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

^ this part is sooooo awesome

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks