Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2015, 10:47 PM   #121
BilliumMoto
FFR Player

Default Re: Yolomania Vol. 4 Submissions Open

Quote:
The biggest problem with this file is that the hold count makes it kind of an easy AA, while the file itself has a lot of tricky parts to it, so it's not really good for scoring at all as a result. Really super interesting chart otherwise and we’re glad to have it. (Is there anywhere that the hold layering could be reduced a bit that wouldn’t affect how the chart plays?)
Play
for
fun
BilliumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:28 AM   #122
GammaBlaster
FFR Player

sCK! My files got in!

Definitely gonna try to squeeze in a couple more stuff that's been rotting in my hard drive for a while now.
GammaBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #123
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

glad you liked GBYE! I mostly made it for myself, but figured that it would be a solid file for rates
would you like me to finish the solo chart/make the chart I mentioned in the email?

also, I'm gonna pull ragga bomb. as happy as I am that you liked it as well, I think it's pretty boring after playing it again.
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #124
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliumMoto View Post
Play
for
fun
lmfao

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #125
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
glad you liked GBYE! I mostly made it for myself, but figured that it would be a solid file for rates
would you like me to finish the solo chart/make the chart I mentioned in the email?

also, I'm gonna pull ragga bomb. as happy as I am that you liked it as well, I think it's pretty boring after playing it again.
Okay, fair enough.

Totally up to you on whether you want to include a solo chart or not. None of us really play solo so we wouldn't be able to give much feedback on it really. Basically if you send a completed solo chart for it we'll include it, but that's totally up to you.
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #126
Krolxp
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
Okay, fair enough.

Totally up to you on whether you want to include a solo chart or not. None of us really play solo so we wouldn't be able to give much feedback on it really. Basically if you send a completed solo chart for it we'll include it, but that's totally up to you.
Lol. Licca has solo chart. It wasn't worked well because it's not complete in spite of I finished 4k. I didn't pay attention of making what keymod I made.

Time to go crazy!
Krolxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #127
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

fixing up HAVOX for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:12 AM   #128
Leo137
FFR Player

Sent two more files!
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:43 PM   #129
Wafles
FFR Player

Review Batch 5
REVIEWS HERE --> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...SNndJofOh4iCxA

If for some reason your submission is missing from this document and you sent your submission before 12:00am EST Wednesday, Oct 28th, let me know. If your file was sent after this time it will be reviewed with the rest of batch 6.

Review batch 6 deadline is Tuesday night at midnight (12:00am Sunday, Nov. 1st).

As a note, there are 8 review batches total before submissions close.

Last edited by Wafles; 10-28-2015 at 11:43 PM..
Old 10-29-2015, 12:47 AM   #130
AZVW_2
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to AZVW_2 Send a message via Skype™ to AZVW_2

' w'! How many files accepted for now
AZVW_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:02 AM   #131
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon

If possible I would like to know which bursts on wizdomiot were considered offensive by the reviewers.

Because of repetition there are basically only 4 different bursts in that section and commeting how I see it in order of appearance:
- 24th minijack 24th: Takes momentarily a bit more control from the hand doing the minijack than the general dense jumpstream so I'm assuming this is ok
- short 3 64ths: Reading difficulty only, plays close to a hand so assuming ok too
- offsetted 32nds: I'm guessing this is the main reason for complaint. I'd argue this is mostly reading difficulty (it's effectively [23]41[234] 24ths without any gross minijack in/out of the pattern) but still more than understandable complaint especially considering it also precedes the 24th streams section. I will change even though I feel it is very justified (^:
- 48ths: Actually in doubt if this is being considered a problem. Effectively pretty close to a 4 note 24th jumptrill with the patterns around making it extremely comfortable to hit.

I actually think as it currently is, the burst section is easier and stacks slower with rates than the 24th streams and the ending dense js, albeit more control oriented. Guess I'm just your average biased player.

I'll probably only be able to submit an updated version with that and some other minor fixes for batch 7.
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #132
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post
If possible I would like to know which bursts on wizdomiot were considered offensive by the reviewers.

Because of repetition there are basically only 4 different bursts in that section and commeting how I see it in order of appearance:
- 24th minijack 24th: Takes momentarily a bit more control from the hand doing the minijack than the general dense jumpstream so I'm assuming this is ok
- short 3 64ths: Reading difficulty only, plays close to a hand so assuming ok too
- offsetted 32nds: I'm guessing this is the main reason for complaint. I'd argue this is mostly reading difficulty (it's effectively [23]41[234] 24ths without any gross minijack in/out of the pattern) but still more than understandable complaint especially considering it also precedes the 24th streams section. I will change even though I feel it is very justified (^:
- 48ths: Actually in doubt if this is being considered a problem. Effectively pretty close to a 4 note 24th jumptrill with the patterns around making it extremely comfortable to hit.

I actually think as it currently is, the burst section is easier and stacks slower with rates than the 24th streams and the ending dense js, albeit more control oriented. Guess I'm just your average biased player.

I'll probably only be able to submit an updated version with that and some other minor fixes for batch 7.
I personally think that the 48ths are the biggest offenders, and while yeah they're just rolls, they're quite fast and regaining control after them to nail some jumptrilly parts can be quite rough. (e.g. http://puu.sh/l2D7k/97b01692bc.png). Its particularly rough especially since due to the density it leads into a pretty long 4 anchor.

And yeah, the 24ths after are probably more difficult, but not in as much of a BS-sort of way like those 48ths.

Skwid and/or caliber might want to weigh in too, but that's my opinion. You could also add me on skype if you want and we could chat about it there.

Last edited by Wafles; 10-29-2015 at 07:50 PM..
Old 10-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #133
Skwid1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Skwid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutotelicBrown View Post

forgive my stupid noteskin and use of the sm3.95 editor, but i'll point out a couple of the more specific problems i had because i am gay.

in general, i'm just personally not a huge fan of the offset 32nd bursts due to the patterning, but that's because i hate rolls. imo they're made gayer because of the hand right before them and because they don't start on 1 or 4.

however, stuff like this (http://puu.sh/l2DZq/909930ea0e.png) is super homo on the right hand. it's a really awkward transition into that burst. i would suggest adjusting the patterns to not include one-hand trills transitioning into it.

http://puu.sh/l2EfR/2acdd7035e.png this is also a gay transition into the longest 24th section of the file.

http://puu.sh/l2ER0/13a64a1c82.png not related to the bursts, but this jack leading into a one-hand trill is really mean and felt kind of unnecessary.

overall, i guess my problem with most of the bursty stuff in the second half has to do with how aggressively you layered the jumps/hands in that section because it forces you to make awkward transitions into bursts. just look over the hand balance right before bursts and try to cut down on unnecessary one-hand stuff right before/after them.

you can take the criticism regarding the offset 32nd patterns however you want, and i'm not personally going to demand you change them because i recognize that i just hate rolly bursts.
Skwid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:21 AM   #134
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon

Fair enough, probably going to change the 48ths to something else altogether.

Quote:
http://puu.sh/l2EfR/2acdd7035e.png this is also a gay transition into the longest 24th section of the file.
Yeah, was definitely intending to change that. About the other instances of the offset 32nds, I'll need to have a better look but I'm likely to leave as is.

Quote:
http://puu.sh/l2ER0/13a64a1c82.png not related to the bursts, but this jack leading into a one-hand trill is really mean and felt kind of unnecessary.
It was a mix of the 4 hits before warranting a jack (in fact one option I had was putting an aiae [12][12][34][34][124]), that first hand being a stronger hit than what is layered as hands right after and that I actually find trilling out of minijacks pretty comfortable. Either way I don't feel strongly about keeping it so seems fine to change.

Quote:
You could also add me on skype if you want and we could chat about it there.
Will probably do once I have time to work on that.

In any case, thanks for the feedback.
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:12 PM   #135
Krolxp
FFR Player

Where should I improve my Heavy difficulty in Catch your eyes? All 32ths? I Understand my bursts are not fun here. I'm gonna improve that ptoblem but where I should improve it.
Some files in progress. 2 more files are waiting for a review .

Time to go crazy!
Krolxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #136
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

might just submit Slit full ver tbh
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:16 PM   #137
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krolxp View Post
Where should I improve my Heavy difficulty in Catch your eyes? All 32ths? I Understand my bursts are not fun here. I'm gonna improve that ptoblem but where I should improve it.
Some files in progress. 2 more files are waiting for a review .
This is just my opinion, but IMO Heavy was just way too similar to Standard to take both. Heavy wasn't even that bad. If you can think of adjustments to make that will allow it to stand out against Standard (whether its harder, easier, uses dramatically different layering, whatever), then we could reconsider, but as is I think its just too similar.
Old 11-1-2015, 08:33 AM   #138
RayMix
FFR Player

I can`t understand that the misplace in the break of 2 minutes fighter, in the batch 5. Can you explain this part for me?

Last edited by RayMix; 11-1-2015 at 08:34 AM..
RayMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-1-2015, 11:48 AM   #139
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayMix View Post
I can`t understand that the misplace in the break of 2 minutes fighter, in the batch 5. Can you explain this part for me?
Timestamps from ddreamstudio so they may be a little different if you step in the sm editor

75.054s - could put a note on the 4th here
75.867s - 16th is missing here
76.015s - can't hear any sounds to the 16th here but there is a note
76.458s - 16th is missing here
77.566s - probably intentionally not layered, but theres a lot of drum hits here that are uncharted

also right towards the end it seems like quite a few mistakes are made too
starting at 101.360s and on, things get pretty sketchy in terms of how you decide to layer the 16ths, i.e. 110.227s, you switch off of the 16ths when there's no real change in sounds that you are layering.

Last edited by Wafles; 11-1-2015 at 11:50 AM..
Old 11-1-2015, 11:06 PM   #140
Wafles
FFR Player

Review Batch 6
REVIEWS HERE --> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XhnBPiLH_3rmcc

If for some reason your submission is missing from this document and you sent your submission before 12:00am EST Sunday, Nov 1st, let me know. If your file was sent after this time it will be reviewed with the rest of batch 7.

Review batch 7 deadline is Tuesday night at midnight (12:00am EST Wed, Nov. 4th).

NOTE: There are only 2 review batches remaining before submissions close, or about 6 days from the time I posted this review batch.

Also of note...
One niche that feels a bit under-represented at the moment are jack/minijack files. We have jumpstream out the wazoo, but jack/minijack files are few and far between and we'd love it if we got a couple more submissions that focus more on the jacks rather than the jumpstream/stream sections of their charts.

Again also of note...
I need to start seriously thinking about getting some graphics help organized. I would really appreciate help here on this, so expect something to be posted regarding this some time this week (likely a different thread).

Last edited by Wafles; 11-1-2015 at 11:08 PM..