Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #101
Ihatetoruinyourfunbutihav
Forum User

Default Re: Stuff you did today that you have never done in your life and is terribly overdue

Got out of bed.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #102
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3
Default Re: Stuff you did today that you have never done in your life and is terribly overdue

Two days ago I went exploring in a cave (or maybe an old mine? I'm not sure) for the first time. I found up in the Cascades on one of my "hey let's turn onto this unmarked road and see where it goes" trips with a couple of friends.

Also, posting on FFR for the first time in a few months.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #103
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Made my boss chuckle

i think
Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #104
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashfan3 View Post
Two days ago I went exploring in a cave (or maybe an old mine? I'm not sure) for the first time. I found up in the Cascades on one of my "hey let's turn onto this unmarked road and see where it goes" trips with a couple of friends.

Also, posting on FFR for the first time in a few months.
Did you find any diamonds?
Also, watch out for these guys:

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
JohnRedWolf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #105
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winrar View Post
Try showing her some of your amazing dubstep mime. Or play ffr for her.
I wish it was that easy :'(
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #106
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 View Post
I wish it was that easy :'(
Talk about poop. We became much closer friends after that conversation. Things escalated from there.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #107
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Talk about poop. We became much closer friends after that conversation. Things escalated from there.

-o24
Well I've tried to talk to a girl and asked her out back in the fall, but she said no. That's part of the reason why I'm too nervous to ask anyone out and part of my extreme shyness.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #108
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Quote:
Well I've tried to talk to a girl and asked her out back in the fall, but she said no. That's part of the reason why I'm too nervous to ask anyone out and part of my extreme shyness.
Well, I'm sure it's easier in high school than in college, as I assume you are in. My shyness came from an interesting series of events about nine years ago, but I've only just recently come out of that shell of reclusion. Talking with confidence is always a plus and I find laughter to be success. But, I'm horrible with relationship advice. Just be yourself and someone will like you for who you are.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #109
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Well, I'm sure it's easier in high school than in college, as I assume you are in. My shyness came from an interesting series of events about nine years ago, but I've only just recently come out of that shell of reclusion. Talking with confidence is always a plus and I find laughter to be success. But, I'm horrible with relationship advice. Just be yourself and someone will like you for who you are.

-o24
Well, I've never asked anyone out in high school, so I wouldn't know. I'm not in college anymore, since I'm deciding to drop out. My shyness comes partially from something I'd rather not share on the internet (I might get made fun of because of it). The thing with talking with confidence is I suck at starting conversations and it's always the person who I'm having the conversation with who says hi or starts the talking. Also, imo I find myself a little socially awkward. I'm also finding the nice guys finish last thing to be true . Stuff like this is getting me into a more dark spot in my life.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #110
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Put together a bed frame from start to finish while also taking apart one from start to finish.

I had no idea what I was doing for the most part, but I got it goooooood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #111
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I'm jealous. I'm 22 in a few months and never been in a relationship/kissed a girl (forever alone).
your avatar legitimately might have something to do with it
Old 05-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #112
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlp View Post
All anti-bronies with same bs. Think they run the place. Know what, get a life kid.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #113
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

For shyness, I don't know, just try going to public areas and start talking (when it's not awkward to do so of course). You'll be out of your shyness shell before you know it.

Also, if that's not an option. I'm assuming you're in a Skype group. Start some calls or get in calls so you can weed out of that shell.

Two cents right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #114
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
For shyness, I don't know, just try going to public areas and start talking (when it's not awkward to do so of course). You'll be out of your shyness shell before you know it.

Also, if that's not an option. I'm assuming you're in a Skype group. Start some calls or get in calls so you can weed out of that shell.

Two cents right there.
Ya, I'm in the Weakest Link skype group, but nobody's ever on there. I don't know if I exactly feel comfortable walking up to a stranger and talking to them, I'm not that great at meeting people (where I've met most of my friends is through school, and I hardly talk to them outside of there).
Old 05-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #115
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
All anti-bronies with same bs. Think they run the place. Know what, get a life kid.
lol

not necessarily trying to be anti brony here. think about it: you hang out with fellow BROnies which have minimal chance of having a girl in your group of friends. branch out a bit from your fellow bronies to court a girl and dont complain about not getting any, because when it comes to meeting a girl outside your fandom, your brony friends are girl repellant.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #116
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Quote:
lol

not necessarily trying to be anti brony here. think about it: you hang out with fellow BROnies which have minimal chance of having a girl in your group of friends. branch out a bit from your fellow bronies to court a girl and dont complain about not getting any, because when it comes to meeting a girl outside your fandom, your brony friends are girl repellant.
Ironic you mentioned brony friends because none of my real life friends are bronies. Get to know a person first before you make ill-educated assumptions. I know you probably don't give a crap but saying I won't be in a relationship is just making me more depressed about this. Nice try though.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #117
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
I was going to say the same thing lol.

I watch naruto and play pokemon all day( well, recently at least) but I don't focus on how much those things are apart of my personality when trying to attract and connect with someone of the opposite sex. It doesn't make me any less real. She will in time come to find out that the best part of my week is when new one piece manga comes out when she gets to know who I really am and like me for it. Basically, don't start farting around the girl right off the bat, wait til she knows you then you can laugh when you fluff the sheets on her.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #118
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Successfully downloaded something that took more than 30 minutes to download.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #119
Sweet Angel
\(o.o)/ ~(e.e)~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Ya, I'm in the Weakest Link skype group, but nobody's ever on there. I don't know if I exactly feel comfortable walking up to a stranger and talking to them, I'm not that great at meeting people (where I've met most of my friends is through school, and I hardly talk to them outside of there).
I know how ya feel, in real life it takes me a while to warm up and talk to people because I'm not very sure how to approach them. And on top of that I'm really shy and quiet in general. I guess its more the feeling of talking straight to their face because it's a lot easier texting or typing online. One way on how I'm trying to fix being more social is getting a job in retail, today was the first day I was on the floor and damn, that was awkward. But afterwards, even though I felt really embarrassed because I wasn't sure how to approach the customers, I also felt like I accomplished my first step in being able to talk to people easier without that awkward feeling.

Charu's right, just take it one step at a time. When you go to the store try greeting the cashier with a smile and asking them how their day was or fit little events of social activity into your life more and more. If you get a negative response like they're angry or something don't feel too bad about it, happens all the time and we just have to deal with it on a day to day basis. But don't be scared, even after the first rejection. It's really hard to keep continuing but after a while it gets easier :3

Hope that helps a little

8th Official - Top 209th Official - Top 16

Sweet Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #120
Ohaider
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

do you think dropping the brony alter-ego fetish would put your chances of getting a girl in jeopardy or benefit the chances?

Best of luck mayn