Old 11-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #101
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

Default Re: New FFR Features ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josemba View Post
FFR battle royale where 100 ppl start in a multi and 1 win
Even as a joke I like this idea, unfortunately FFR's Life is too lenient for any member older than a week to really fail

How about a Justice mode? Where two or three consecutive imperfections are likely to fail out.

Then a rhythm royale for FFR wouldn't be totally implausible.

Getting 100 people on multiplayer at any one given time, is pretty implausible though.
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #102
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moria View Post
Even as a joke I like this idea, unfortunately FFR's Life is too lenient for any member older than a week to really fail

How about a Justice mode? Where two or three consecutive imperfections are likely to fail out.

Then a rhythm royale for FFR wouldn't be totally implausible.

Getting 100 people on multiplayer at any one given time, is pretty implausible though.
You're missing a main element of battle royale though, which is a way for players to attack other players. If you put 100 players in the same game playing the same song it's not battle royale, it's just a big mp game.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #103
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
You're missing a main element of battle royale though, which is a way for players to attack other players. If you put 100 players in the same game playing the same song it's not battle royale, it's just a big mp game.
It's probably possible to implement some kind of attacking that would activate similarly to how Guitar Hero would use Starpower. That, and I sort've have a feeling Velocity has probably experimented with mods and gimmicks in all the time he's worked on the engine. Even if he hasn't there's always simple ideas like changing another players receptor spacing, size, scrollspeed or the chart structure itself to add hands or force mirror. eg:Players X, Y, Z play a song, X and Y AAA the generated attack section, Z does not and receives the attack.

It's not like this is something that would ever happen, I'm just kinda considering how it would work if it did happen.

Edit: Not to be a complete ripoff and I'm sure you already knew where the inspiration came from, but here's a video to show the kinda of thing I'm imagining anyway

Last edited by Moria; 11-15-2019 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Similar concept video
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #104
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moria View Post
It's probably possible to implement some kind of attacking that would activate similarly to how Guitar Hero would use Starpower. That, and I sort've have a feeling Velocity has probably experimented with mods and gimmicks in all the time he's worked on the engine. Even if he hasn't there's always simple ideas like changing another players receptor spacing, size, scrollspeed or the chart structure itself to add hands or force mirror. eg:Players X, Y, Z play a song, X and Y AAA the generated attack section, Z does not and receives the attack.

It's not like this is something that would ever happen, I'm just kinda considering how it would work if it did happen.
Yeah, I mean there would be plenty of ways to approach it. My point was moreso that for it to be battle royale it'd need quite a few things implemented and it's definitely not trivial; the lag too, like you mentionned, is probably the main obstacle.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #105
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

imagine 100 players being online

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #106
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP