Old 01-1-2018, 05:01 AM   #1301
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Music Works In Progress Thread

hey thats dope
Old 01-4-2018, 03:33 PM   #1302
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
hey thats dope
thanks mang 8)

did a remake of this with some analog synths
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/initgen-tree-of-knowledge
-Blue7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2018, 06:17 PM   #1303
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

went back to (what I think was) the first track I posted here
rearranged the backing strings so they're not mindnumbingly bowing root notes the entire piece
computer violins still sound like crap, and oh god the pitch bend

what was first called Breeze is now Howl, things got larger
Scintill - Howl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 01-6-2018 at 06:24 PM..
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2018, 06:57 PM   #1304
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

wat

things got larger than life u monster

an oldie but a goodie
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/carbon-7

Last edited by -Blue7-; 01-6-2018 at 06:57 PM..
Old 02-1-2018, 04:35 AM   #1305
suicidaln00b
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

dumping this here bye
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkof7p6zkk...thing.mp3?dl=0
suicidaln00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-1-2018, 06:42 PM   #1306
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post
nice artcore now some one should step it for ffr and have it be the next adventure of lolo

oh I did a remake of dis
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/initgen-dream-physics
Old 02-1-2018, 10:54 PM   #1307
suicidaln00b
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Blue7- View Post
nice artcore now some one should step it for ffr and have it be the next adventure of lolo
it's just a WIP, i'd like the full song to be at least 2 minutes actually

that said, i have no idea how some of you guys push out 3+ minute length songs when it takes me literally 2 hours to make 20 seconds worth of music, maybe i have brain problems and/or endless creative block

also nicesong
Old 02-2-2018, 05:52 AM   #1308
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

the faster your music is, the more music you have to write
my music's been getting slower and slower over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2018, 09:21 AM   #1309
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
it's just a WIP, i'd like the full song to be at least 2 minutes actually

that said, i have no idea how some of you guys push out 3+ minute length songs when it takes me literally 2 hours to make 20 seconds worth of music, maybe i have brain problems and/or endless creative block

also nicesong
thanks man, also naw that sounds normal - it takes me just as long if not longer to make less than what you did but I get real cheap and just loop stuff over and over and best case scenario I start to build over top of that ect.

that's honestly one of my biggest challenges that I've been conscious of is trying to sit down and make some thing that'll feel justified spending almost half a day on so long as it can engage some one for at least 2 minutes... but that's just my own compulsion.

In most other cases I get desperate to upload some thing and just shit some thing out for the sake of uploading, kind of along the same lines of making songs a certain length but more affirmation that I'm active :v

some shit:
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/hollow-head-sickness

Last edited by -Blue7-; 02-2-2018 at 09:22 AM..
Old 02-5-2018, 09:13 PM   #1310
suicidaln00b
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
the faster your music is, the more music you have to write
my music's been getting slower and slower over the years
RIP
i cant help but like fast and/or energetic shit though it is in my stepman blood. i must make fast beatz

Quote:
thanks man, also naw that sounds normal - it takes me just as long if not longer to make less than what you did but I get real cheap and just loop stuff over and over and best case scenario I start to build over top of that ect.

that's honestly one of my biggest challenges that I've been conscious of is trying to sit down and make some thing that'll feel justified spending almost half a day on so long as it can engage some one for at least 2 minutes... but that's just my own compulsion.

In most other cases I get desperate to upload some thing and just shit some thing out for the sake of uploading, kind of along the same lines of making songs a certain length but more affirmation that I'm active :v
in hindsight, i think it actually took me roughly 7-10 hours to make 30 seconds of music 8^)

i can understand the tendency to just copypasta shit but i feel somewhat compelled to make each section of the song have something unique about it, almost like each segment is its own mini-song (if that doesn't sound completely retarded). this might be the thing responsible for me taking forever to make fuckin anything, but there's also the fact that i run out of ideas quickly, in which case i start vomiting out 7th chords which generally results in the song sounding like some unsatisfying xi bootleg erry time

anyway i personally don't mind autistically mulling over the details of a song that nobody will care about, but i have the issue of coming up with new ideas and actually being personally satisfied with said ideas. perhaps if i actually knew anything about moosic theory it'd be another story, i mucked around with writing in phrygian mode in that artcore thingy at least (and although it doesnt sound too awfully different from just being minor it sparked some ideas i suppose)

anyway if you or anyone else posts some more sogns in the thread i'll give it a listen, i am a fucking hardcore lurker however and i probably wont say much but im still here

Quote:
you removed it but i listened to it like 3 times and while not my cup o tea i overall appreciated the glitchy/dissonant fuckery of it
also the title of the song is cool (naming things is not my forte Tbh)
Old 02-5-2018, 10:23 PM   #1311
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
RIP
i cant help but like fast and/or energetic shit though it is in my stepman blood. i must make fast beatz

in hindsight, i think it actually took me roughly 7-10 hours to make 30 seconds of music 8^)

i can understand the tendency to just copypasta shit but i feel somewhat compelled to make each section of the song have something unique about it, almost like each segment is its own mini-song (if that doesn't sound completely retarded). this might be the thing responsible for me taking forever to make fuckin anything, but there's also the fact that i run out of ideas quickly, in which case i start vomiting out 7th chords which generally results in the song sounding like some unsatisfying xi bootleg erry time

anyway i personally don't mind autistically mulling over the details of a song that nobody will care about, but i have the issue of coming up with new ideas and actually being personally satisfied with said ideas. perhaps if i actually knew anything about moosic theory it'd be another story, i mucked around with writing in phrygian mode in that artcore thingy at least (and although it doesnt sound too awfully different from just being minor it sparked some ideas i suppose)

anyway if you or anyone else posts some more sogns in the thread i'll give it a listen, i am a fucking hardcore lurker however and i probably wont say much but im still here

you removed it but i listened to it like 3 times and while not my cup o tea i overall appreciated the glitchy/dissonant fuckery of it
also the title of the song is cool (naming things is not my forte Tbh)
Yah when I'm at my best my goal is to make the song hopefully more of an evolution were as you described it, each section is like a song of its own almost but I totally get what you mean.

My problem is I think to much so I have so many ideas and to many ways to do the same one idea at a time that I get over loaded and contemplate for long periods of time while never deciding what to do.

I feel conceptual techniques are a great way to get ideas as many artist describe them self as expressing or painting with sound/composition. I'm so damn picky about my sound design and don't spend enough time on making actual good music most of the time... ideally i want a balance between the two aspects of a piece.

This ones an example were I used color from a painting to derive the sort of pallet to work with and being a bit more intensive on the composition originating from friction of skeletal arpeggios transposed higher or lower :v
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/mist-around-the-shrine

edit: last thing id say on coming up with ideas and general creativity is to find ways to subject yourself to the most broad spectrum of elements at any one time to get a point of reference and interest you're innate senses that are there waiting for the right vibe to resonate with... I do this myself by creating templates in fl that can either randomize various parameters or link them to lfos in them self that randomize over time with compositional templates as well to randomize scales/chords/arps split with a layer and a basic sine wave to be the lead over the variable accompaniment.

Last edited by -Blue7-; 02-5-2018 at 10:31 PM..
Old 02-9-2018, 02:05 PM   #1312
suicidaln00b
FFR Player

Quote:
edit: last thing id say on coming up with ideas and general creativity is to find ways to subject yourself to the most broad spectrum of elements at any one time to get a point of reference and interest you're innate senses that are there waiting for the right vibe to resonate with... I do this myself by creating templates in fl that can either randomize various parameters or link them to lfos in them self that randomize over time with compositional templates as well to randomize scales/chords/arps split with a layer and a basic sine wave to be the lead over the variable accompaniment.
mind posting those flp files? randomized chords is an intredasting idea, but when i tried it myself it just sounded like a clusterfuck

also i looked at the WIP thing you posted in the other thread (chalnthplace?) and it was pretty neato. honestly i have no idea how to link LFOs to a particular instrument lmao, or even how to use them in general

also late replying because i am lazy

Last edited by suicidaln00b; 02-9-2018 at 02:06 PM..
Old 02-9-2018, 05:34 PM   #1313
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

yah i cant usually link lfos to parameters unless they are internal to the plugin but one ghetto thing to do is just load a peak controller in some random insert and route to it's lfo instead. (one lfo per instance of peak controller, sounds legit right?)

also sure I'll upload a few templates I use and give a brief explanation how to use them.

edit:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b0d7dd...20friction.zip

Ok, I didnt realize when i went to upload this that it was really designed with having a midi controller in mind... for example I'd link the scale type to the arp to one knob and the rate of the arp to another knob... assuming you don't have a controller you can still use you're typing keyboard to play instruments in fl studio or compose the notes in the layer channel of the step sequencer.

Channel 1 is the sine and channel 2 is the saw arp, I have the edison audio editor loaded in these two inserts prior to delay and reverb so the signal you record will be dry but both edisons are set to record when you hit play on the master transport (weather you're in playlist or loop mode) so just record enable both of them when you found an arp scale or mode you like and play the arp while using the sine as a lead over top to get a melodic concept and then hit stop on the transport and now you can convert the dry audio into midi notes by converting into score and dumping into piano roll based on which channel you have selected.

I didn't know if you had a midi controller so I set up a formula controller on the master insert that you can tweak knobs a b c to ranomize the arp you hear.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dd42lt...20sourcing.zip

This next template is just a "random" sound generating template using the 3osc plugin (hints the name of the template, 3osc sourcing) and also has a random sample channel for dragging and dropping audio as well. Just like with the arp friction template the formula controller is loaded in the master insert that you can adjust knobs a b or c to randomize a bajillion parameters instantly for each value the knob changes to that I routed all individually. Just play notes on either the sample or 3 osc channels while tweaking the formula controller and u get a world of sonic garbage (u might wanna turn ur master fader only half way for some of those piercing high frequencies) and if you find a random sound that you like in either sampler or 3 osc just mute the insert that formula controllers on so when you stop and start it doesnt lose the settings the way you like them and of course you can save a preset of it in its current state and tweak it from there. The stop button on the transport has the same effect too were it will randomize all linked parameters for some reason every time you hit it.

editv2: also channel the place was directly correlated to me using wave candy to sculpt wave forms in 3osc for interesting harmonic structures and I built it from there. obviously some side chaining/fruity wave shaper and a sick freeware sound module I used that has a really legit sounding sampled piano which i rendered as a stem :v

My fav plugin is easily fruity granulizer followed by Edison because I can make shit like this with a single initial saw wave:
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/dark-room-assembly

Last edited by -Blue7-; 02-9-2018 at 06:14 PM..
Old 02-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #1314
suicidaln00b
FFR Player

this is what i get for pirating, i'll have to look at them flps another day

but yeah evidently i need to mess around with plugins in general more, granulizer in particular because it seems FUN, but i don't think it's in the version of fl studio i'm using

also that song is spooky as fuck..........

on an unrelated note heres wip artcore thing v2, which i am not entirely satisfied with so far but fuck it bye https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkifsnnjo5c424y/wip2.mp3?dl=0
Old 02-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #1315
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

dam that artcores sic and nice cause its longer now also you should have granulizer id think but who knos

edit: this is like a tkno beet
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/ripple-in-the-beams

Last edited by -Blue7-; 02-10-2018 at 03:23 PM..
Old 02-24-2018, 07:03 AM   #1316
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

wer th activity @ in this thred :v

another tkno beet
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/initgen-sharing-smiles
Old 02-24-2018, 12:28 PM   #1317
suicidaln00b
FFR Player

until i can actually be bothered to open fl studio again, saying "hey siqq beat" is the only contribution i can make to this thread

also siqq beat
Old 02-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #1318
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
until i can actually be bothered to open fl studio again, saying "hey siqq beat" is the only contribution i can make to this thread

also siqq beat
i kno what u meen :c i been fortunate enough lately to feel like actually working on things woop

edit: i dun jus mage beets i do leeds 2 woop (having pitch and mod wheels is nice)
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/embracive-eye-contact

Last edited by -Blue7-; 02-24-2018 at 08:13 PM..
Old 03-6-2018, 12:38 PM   #1319
-Blue7-
Banned
FFR Veteran

dis raunch tho
https://soundcloud.com/initgen/beard-growing-season-v2

Last edited by -Blue7-; 03-11-2018 at 09:25 PM..
Old 03-6-2018, 12:43 PM   #1320
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

hey siqq beat
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote