Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 06:28 PM   #2441
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I want to evaluate the game as if he flipped town already to see where it leads.
the way you phrased this makes it sound like you know chief flipping town is a forgone conclusion what what

don't like that one bit nosiree
Old 03-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #2442
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I'm concluding that I need to attempt solve Agent S.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #2443
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Sorry guys I have to miss out of the entire rest of this phase. My friend is here right now and I'd be a terrible host to ignore them. I'll see you guys next phase
Old 03-14-2020, 06:34 PM   #2444
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I know who would post like Chief as town.

Playing by content expectation rarely end up well for that person because they're not exactly on the enthusiastic side, but he can still appreciate a certain form of humor.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #2445
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Hi everyone, I've woken up from my "nap"

I'm still need to catch up on posts from this phase, I've mostly skimmed so far. Going to do that now.

I'm sorry Eugene that I had made you upset; I don't intend for my reads to also be personal insults. I do see you as town for now though because of the way you reacted. As I mentioned earlier, regardless of whatever alignment you're in, you're clearly putting in a lot of work. And I can definitely understand how a hard-working townie (that's convinced that I'm wolf) would react to my post in the way that you did.

I did take a look at your most recent reads list and for the most part, the general trend is your reads on wolfiness correlate strongly with inactiveness. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I feel like it's common to have at least one wolf that's fairly active. You've convinced me for now that it's probably not you. Do you think you can share your thoughts on this idea in general?
Old 03-14-2020, 06:37 PM   #2446
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Identity hidden + having to explain tone from other players is a serious headache.

I feel like the tone dependant players are getting punished for not having a stronger objective game.

That's a serious obstacle for my reads.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:40 PM   #2447
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Molly, you're getting betrayed by your more paranoid tone if you're town this game.

Your more recent posts seems to have adapted, but I'm not sure what's the best interpretation.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:43 PM   #2448
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
the way you phrased this makes it sound like you know chief flipping town is a forgone conclusion what what

don't like that one bit nosiree
I'm trying to give them a chance to appear in a different light and yeah, I noticed that too after reading myself again.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:48 PM   #2449
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

MOLLY! While I have my vote on you, I don't think that will change based on your actions throughout the game. I WOULD like to apologize to you for being a complete asshole to you this morning.

The ongoing trend on FFR is unfortunately that wolves are almost always inactive, but IS there a world that could exist where there's one up there along with the rest of us big posters? YES I do and it's something we have to sort out as the game goes on.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #2450
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Okay guys I gotta dip!
Old 03-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #2451
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Apollo, post more readsies, pleasies.
Hey, I like the way you think! Wait a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chrissy View Post
Hello, at school again. I was considering putting my character up for the first post of each phase but nah, not worth it.

And I'd just like to know for functionality's sake. If the choices were Molly, Chief, and me from the majority of people, who'd you choose, if it was from any of those three?
This post makes me think much worse of Chrissy, mrmpht. Why are they automatically lumping themselves into the lynch pool with Chief and Molly? Was there a discussion in wolf chat about the wagons and some panic going on? Or is this combination of players too inactive for a wolf team for this to happen?
Either way, I don't really like this entrance from Chrissy today. I would put her as trending down into my scum pile. I think most people are giving her time to post reads and put her in their null piles, but I'm not really feeling this at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post

Chief to me comes off as a caught wolf. To avoid divulging information they accept their loss and take the L to not reveal any more connection to wolf partners. One question though. If you have chief as a wolf lean because he isn't defending himself doesn't that also apply to Molly and to an extent Mathilda? I know Mathilda came in afterwards and threatened to claim a role but that doesn't apply to this post.

Why not keep all three together in wolves or all three I. Wolf lean?
Are Molly and Mathilda doing the same thing in your mind, mrmpht?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
I'm lookin' at some wonderful fois gras with a delicious orange sauce today.
Hey, I'm the only one allowed to talk about food here! Also, this is mad unethical. Sad.

Quote:
looking at it again i'd like to highlight that if molly/mathilda/chief is correct then molly recommended both of her partners as vigi shots what what

we're assuming that boomer was blocked so recommending her wolf partners for free town cred when they eventually flip red and then blocking the shot anyway is a pretty risk-free way of trying to look more towny
Do you really think it's this easy, though? This seems a bit too "phone it the fuck in" of a play for Molly. For someone this self-aware of the scumreads on her, do you think she just straight-up outs her whole team? I want to believe that it's not this simple. I'll have to get back to you on what one dying might mean for the other (if x flips wolf, then y is more towny kind of stuff), mrmpht.

Quote:
Mmm...This one looks good to me! The effort to making that list is greatly appreciated and is something we should all bookmark as a reference going forward in terms of who we want Boomer to shoot tonight, provided he doesn't get blocked forever
I would highlight this list more as a "Cherry is doing something big for town" effort. It looks like my read on Cherry being town is looking more rock-solid.

Quote:
while you're here please provide your lynch thoughts for the day what what
SORRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Chief View Post
I got to the first part of your accusation, and was forced to file it in the “you are an absolute idiot not worth my attention.” Let me be real, I tried earlier, got ignored, and have had the top town tunneling me all game. I am not exactly willing to entertain you when you cite the third party scum role who has the ability to think of a dying rat. You can go sit in the dunce corner. But me switching to zucker there was opportunistic, hey tell me who pushed Dora before that. Let me give you a hint. My votes and actions are pure Town. You folks nearly lynched the cop. Run this by me again later.
Blaming people for nearly lynching the cop is just blaming people for being wrong. I'd tell you to look into Del's posts before he really got in the spotlight and have you tell me that it didn't seem somewhat scummy to you, but something tells me that you won't go back and look at this because you're not really doing much this phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
Hiya everyone. I'll be on later tonight. Just want to park a vote on Chief for now. Please ask me nothing
See the "self-aware" note I had above when responding to Cherry. This vote here tells me that Molly isn't really going to put in more work on other players since she seems content to just vote Chief and walk away, mrmpht.

Quote:
Once again, you don't need to "convince" anyone and this feels slightly different from your earlier from your earlier take on Zucker in the above quotes in this post. I kind of don't like the "needing to justify yourself" thematic here with the behavior.

I read this as overkill for justifying a move from Del to Zucker. I don't understand the panicky feelings again as town because you were not in a hot seat at that point. I feel like you're using Zucker as a mean to not talk about the other players as much.
Flurry's post are starting to... make sense with me? What is going on, mrmpht?! Most of the stuff in this post felt like it was easy stuff to pin on Molly, but these particular points about the self-justification and wanting to explain everything with an overabundance of words is nice to see. Perhaps I was wrong on Flurry. Where was this yesterday?!

Quote:
I'm more comfortable with a wolf Molly than a wolf Chief at the moment.

I feel like Chief may not be expressing himself ideally for what he could be doing.

Basically, he's not looking as good as he could be because he's not filtering himself.

At least, that's how it seems to me at first glance.
I can agree with you there. I said above that Molly made a post that was incredibly self-aware and that her parked vote shows a huge lack of interest in solving the game outside of the obvious.

Quote:
I like how I thought and posted reads while you were doing the same thing without knowing you were doing that.
However, your reads still kinda bother me as you have too many nulls. I agree with Apollo here. Well, not here, but a few posts down, mrmpht.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
careful fam
wait who said wolf chat is night only lel
You say "careful," but one of your posts was pretty much naming a user on this forum!!

Quote:
This is super lazy. You have 5 nulls, a wolf and a bunch of town leans. You didn't even give Phil or Eugene a designation.

Posts like this are what make me think you don't really care about solving the game
I don't know about solving the game, but interested in solving some high-profile players. High-profile in the fact that they've been under the spotlight. I do agree with some of Flurry's points and observations, so that's making me question my scumlean a bit. At first, the reads post she did on Molly felt like hitting that high-profile target, but the two observations I pointed out seemed to stand out from the obvious.
I wonder if there's a situation in which Flurry is focusing on Molly to build distance to cover for herself. If she's partners with Chief/Molly, I could also see this, but that might be stretching a bit much if we're looking at how all three are connected to each other, not just through Flurry's reads.

Whlie I'm responding to you, Apollo, I think you're trending up for me. I noticed the big null pile in Flurry's reads as you did (not in real time, so you'll have to take my word for it, mrmpht), and your consistent posting while you've been in thread shows some activity I haven't seen before.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:59 PM   #2452
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
Do you really think it's this easy, though? This seems a bit too "phone it the fuck in" of a play for Molly. For someone this self-aware of the scumreads on her, do you think she just straight-up outs her whole team? I want to believe that it's not this simple. I'll have to get back to you on what one dying might mean for the other (if x flips wolf, then y is more towny kind of stuff), mrmpht.
hey a girl can dream right? we're approaching wifom territory but given that she's fairly inactive and the pressure is on i could see her easily outing her whole team, especially if she thinks chief is first to go and he ends up being town what what

if she lives through mathilda/chief dying then she can easily point to that as reason enough that she's not a wolf. it's not a particularly good theory, i'll grant you, but it's enough to make me ponder it for a while
Old 03-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #2453
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
i am a bit bothered by rolf reversing his read based on it. feels lazy to me, coming from someone who seems thorough
The intial reasoning for wanting to leave del alone there was solely for questioning why people were voting other inactives over him which seemed odd for a wolf to do. There wasn't a strong town lean there, just enough to where if lynching an inactive was the gameplan, I'd rather go someone else than him. Something straight up hypocritical in thought like he did with his comment about not going after inactives and worrying about the people playing but then putting a vote on zucker was odd enough to where that slight 'I think I want to leave you alone' doesn't really mean so much. There's not so much of a reversal there considering there wasn't really much headway in one direction in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
I'd be ok for either a Molly or Mathilda lynch. I'm alright with benching my shit with Julian for now.

Don't get me wrong though, imma' straight up call him out if I see more baddo plays. Them baddo plays go stale fast.
Really don't like Agent S. I'm getting a strong feeling reading their posts that reminds me of how plop played in the last game. They have a lot of focus put onto Julian thus far but haven't gone anywhere with it, just seems like they're testing the waters to see if people are going to decide to follow with him or not. If not, they'll leave it alone and go elsewhere with a comment like this so the attention dropping to someone else and then coming back if it looks like julian lynch is possible doesn't look so bad.
Quote:
Rolf is to help me solve other people that I still have nagging issues with.
Completely fair to be honest. If you end up going this route I'd understand it
Quote:
from the chart, rolf molly and chrissy all have one person reading them town. i'd be extremely interested in knowing who's reading them this way and why, especially molly what what
Not sure I want to base anything off that chart as the numbers seem to come from nowhere just glancing at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
rolf hard-defended me when i was more or less universally reviled. i feel like at least one wolf would do so opportunistically. at the time i thought boomer was the most likely candidate to do so, but given the vigi claim, it's more likely to be rolf. otherwise, rolf hasn't seen much of the spotlight, and i can't recall them ever addressing the thread as a whole or attempting to make any kind of big move

combine those suspicions with them not posting very much and you get a good vigi candidate
I still stand with that town lean on you. You had a valid case against del there and that read solidified with me with how a couple other players latched onto you after del ended up claiming. That seemed way to opportune and easy to scumread you for that that it made you look even better.
Quote:
Chief brings up a valid thought on Eugene actually. Generally when one publicly announces they did an iso of someone they'll back it up with posts from that iso to enforce whatever thought they bring up but that doesn't happen here on multiple occasions.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #2454
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Probably really stupid but the people that have given slight town reads on me do look a bit better to me. Based on my activity level and lack of very strong pushes on anyone in particular it'd be easy for wolves to have that vote on me and they honestly wouldn't look very bad either, I'd just look like a bad town.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #2455
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Quote:
Molly, you're getting betrayed by your more paranoid tone if you're town this game.

Your more recent posts seems to have adapted, but I'm not sure what's the best interpretation.
I know >.< I'll try to post more when I can so I can stop this cycle of inactivity, anxiety, and paranoia.

Quote:
MOLLY! While I have my vote on you, I don't think that will change based on your actions throughout the game. I WOULD like to apologize to you for being a complete asshole to you this morning.

The ongoing trend on FFR is unfortunately that wolves are almost always inactive, but IS there a world that could exist where there's one up there along with the rest of us big posters? YES I do and it's something we have to sort out as the game goes on.
I appreciate the apology and for respectfully acknowledging my thoughts, thank you.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:09 PM   #2456
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

And then regarding my activity level, yeah I dropped the ball here. Work's been shit because well you guys could probably guess so when I get home I'm drained and don't have much motivation to go through all this stuff either. Someone mentioned time being a point in a read of me and that's not the issue, it's just energy and motivation. And then when I do try to catch up and keep of track of new stuff, there's no ability to meta unless something really strong comes up like my thought about Agent S, or the huge number of players to keep track of, I'm just not really set up for being alright at these really large anonymous games.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #2457
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

You guys end up wanting to lynch me for activity or to help with other reads based on interactions as it comes to Apollo's thoughts, that's fine and it'd be on me for playing as I have been. If not then I'll be doing a bigger read through of the game on my day off tomorrow, as as of right now I don't really have the ability to do that before the end of this phase.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:13 PM   #2458
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

also i never really posted a proper reads list so let's do that what what

Agent S - slight town lean
i'd like to see more from him. i'll probably do a full iso at some point but my gut is that he's probably fine but could be doing more to help town out

Apollo - town lean
trending up lately for me. was sour on him at the beginning of the game but his posts this phase have been on the up and up. is this that big beak energy i've heard so much about????

Boomer - town as fuck
vigi, enough said

Cherry - what WHAT
hey it's me

Chief - wolf
my hardest wolf read right now. i've posted enough about him but as a recap, the dora > zucker vote is opportunistic as hell and his reaction to pressure is textbook wolf. string him up bois

Dotty Chrissy - wolf lean
this is another one i need to do a proper reread of but ehhh i don't like them right now. not very high on my lynch priority but it comes down to them being either new and clueless or very good at pretending they are. leaning toward the latter

Fauna - town
solid town energy from them, they seem to be putting in work to solve the game and move us forward. they're noticing stuff and calling it out and that's good in my book. could stand to be more active

Flurry - null/wolf lean
i'm waffling back and forth on keeping them in my scumpile or moving them back up to null. the way they're handling chief is not good, the post about treating him as if he already flipped town is super sketch, but the pressure they've been putting on other people has been fine. will revisit

Julian - wolf lean
you forced two pr's to out themselves my dude and that's a bad look no matter how you slice it. i also dislike that they insisted they not be shot despite not really being in any danger of that happening. i don't get the impression that they're working from a towny mindset

Maple - town
my iso of her speaks for itself i think, she looks real good to me so far. activity since the iso hasn't done much to change that, so she can remain in my townpile

Mathilda - wolf
inactive and bad reactions to pressure puts her squarely in the wolf pile for me. if chief wasn't on the table today she'd be up instead

Melba Eugene - town lean
has been trending downwards lately especially after blowing up at molly, but still being a lot more active and posting thoughts than i'd expect for a wolf. if not for the molly interaction they'd be a more solid town read but that hurt his stock a bit

Molly - wolf lean
if not for the interaction with eugene they'd be fully in the scumpile too. probably my #3 wolf still but has trended ever so slightly back up. punchy pointed out why my vigi callouts could be wildly off base so that's given me a bit of pause as well.

Phil - town
active and working hard to solve the game. firmly feels like they're coming from a mindset of not knowing everything and wanting to figure stuff out.

Punchy - town lean
could be better about activity and posting thoughts, but i don't get any wolfy vibes from him. in the 'to be iso'd later' pile but not very high up on my radar for wolves at the moment

Rolf - null
i forget this dude even exists sometimes. i've gotten nothing on him even when skimming an iso for him. honestly no idea where to place him

Tank - town lean
the townread on apollo was sketch but the iso made me like him a lot. i still goddamn hate his posting style but i can't see a world where he's a wolf just yet
Old 03-14-2020, 07:14 PM   #2459
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Honestly, if you develop on the Agent S read and settle on a vote for EoD you'll have done more than enough imo.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:15 PM   #2460
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Probably really stupid but the people that have given slight town reads on me do look a bit better to me. Based on my activity level and lack of very strong pushes on anyone in particular it'd be easy for wolves to have that vote on me and they honestly wouldn't look very bad either, I'd just look like a bad town.
mmm i don't like this post even if you are acknowledging that it is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
You guys end up wanting to lynch me for activity or to help with other reads based on interactions as it comes to Apollo's thoughts, that's fine and it'd be on me for playing as I have been. If not then I'll be doing a bigger read through of the game on my day off tomorrow, as as of right now I don't really have the ability to do that before the end of this phase.
highly doubt you ever get lynched today what what

please do a big read through and give us some good content when you can
Closed Thread