Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 06-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
SuperGreenX
Tangy music sauce maker
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to SuperGreenX
Default SGX - Ourstage vote competition (JUNE!) - if I win, you get free SGX music

Hey guys. My sincere thanks again to those that helped me win the grand prize in the April Ourstage competition. I hope everyone enjoyed the free album downloads. I decided to give it a rest for May because I didn't want to be begging for votes constantly. However, now it's nearing the end of June and I've got two tracks with a chance.

EDIT: 8:50 pm June 30:

Hey, free music is available NOW...for various reasons. You can read about why now, and grab the tunes here: http://www.sgxmusic.com/free.htm Hope you'll continue to vote for me though!

NeWEST EDIT:

AWESOME! 1st in both channels. Thanks guys! Now, just one more day of voting for that final grand prize. Hang in there and vote more!

NEW EDIT:

Woo. Both are in the semifinals! Thanks for your votes, folks!

We have today (Saturday) and tomorrow to vote me up and make sure that I am #1 in both channels (techno/club and experimental). There are only 45 battles total in each semi-final, so you can get through both pretty quickly. Thanks a lot!

EDITS:

I'm in the Quarter-finals now!! Thanks for your votes getting me in there.

What I need right now is a lot of people to go into Experimental and Techno/Club channels and vote me up! I need to be in the top 10 to get into semi-finals. This stage ends on the 28th.

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about or need a refresher:

Ourstage.com is a music website that runs a big monthly song competition based on listener votes. For the majority of the month, every track that is entered in the competition faces off against every track in their respective genres/channels. The site serves up 1 v 1 song duels where the listener has to listen to at least 15 seconds of each track and then decide which he or she likes better. It serves them up pretty much randomly. A week before the end of the month, the top 20 in the genre are selected to go into quarterfinals where just those 20 square off for a few days, then the top 10 for semi-finals. Then the top track in that genre squares off against all the top tracks from the other genres in for the grand prize. Grand prize is $5k, and winning a genre semi-final gets you a $100 gift card.

So, go to www.ourstage.com, sign up, then select either the techno or experimental channels and hit the big "judge" button at the top!

There's some CRAP on the site, but I've also found some pretty damn good tracks I like, so you might come away with some new musicians you like. Especially in the finals.

Alright, thanks a lot!

Wonderful Bite - New SGX Album! You can get it for free, yo!

Last edited by SuperGreenX; 06-30-2008 at 07:49 PM..
SuperGreenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: SGX - Ourstage vote competition (JUNE!) - if I win, you get free SGX music

Wow The Truth by Cool Hand Lou SUCKS balls.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
DarkbearX
Shimose
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: SGX - Ourstage vote competition (JUNE!) - if I win, you get free SGX music

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGreenX View Post
There's some CRAP on the site, but I've also found some pretty damn good tracks I like, so you might come away with some new musicians you like. Especially in the finals.
At first I was like wow that's mean.

But you weren't kidding holy hell. Also, doing what I can for Haven. :)
DarkbearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkbearX View Post
But you weren't kidding holy hell. :)
As I keep listening to more of them, I see more and more truth to these words.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

So do we vote 'same' for every song, but your songs?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
DarkbearX
Shimose
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandersa1 View Post
So do we vote 'same' for every song, but your songs?
Pretty much yeah.

And hahaha, someone merely put a medley of songs by Pendulum into one file and submitted it. That's amusing.
DarkbearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:33 AM   #7
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Wow, out of 100 battles, I have not seen your song yet. I have seen 5 songs repeat, none in the top 33. I have voted down on 10 or so ahead of you.

Last edited by Commandersa1; 06-20-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Commandersa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
Shadowlessheart
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shadowlessheart

Wow...I hate even listening to anyone...I mean...can anyone actually put effort into this

(not talking about SGX...Haven is my personal fav. next to composer) everyone just...WOW I've heard like 20 battles and just...pure suck and fail I tell you.

Wanna Help...PLEASE
Shadowlessheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:52 AM   #9
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

If you win, do we get the same albums that were free last time you won?

I'm just asking, i'm still gonna vote for you, but i wanted to know.
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Also, if you have already heard the song, you will not have to listen to it for 15 seconds.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:00 AM   #11
Shadowlessheart
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shadowlessheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandersa1 View Post
Also, if you have already heard the song, you will not have to listen to it for 15 seconds.
Thank FRAKING God -_-...if I hear one more Rap song in here I seriously am gonna flag them for Suck and Fail -_-

Wanna Help...PLEASE
Shadowlessheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #12
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

After 136 battles, I click the first song. It is Haven. Up voted finally. This was getting boring really quick. 70% of the judges agreed with me. Click the thumbs down on every song so you know what you voted for already, and do not have to listen to.

Edit: Haven is currently 22nd! Keep voting.
Edit 2: I up voted Haven twice. Haven is 17th now.
Edit 3: I voted for Haven 3 times out of 652 total battles. WTF... >_<

Anyways, I will not vote anymore until the next competition. I hope that 17 stays.

Last edited by Commandersa1; 06-20-2008 at 03:32 AM..
Commandersa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
SuperGreenX
Tangy music sauce maker
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
If you win, do we get the same albums that were free last time you won?

I'm just asking, i'm still gonna vote for you, but i wanted to know.
Well, all of my albums will be free like last time, and I haven't released a new album since 2 months ago, so yes . Same ones. Hero of the Grey Area, Chroma, Outmoded, and Synesthetic 1.1. SGXRMX2 and Better Than Sliced beats are always free via the album pages on my website www.sgxmusic.com.

I'll probably upload them to my normal webspace and just give a download link instead of making people go through the cart system again. Last time the traffic broke it .

Thanks a lot for the votes! I see both tracks are above 20, so I think we should be good to go until the quarterfinals begin. Thanks a lot!

Oh, and if you are really bored, you can go in the electronic channel and vote for Have No Tyrant which has been languishing in the 100's forever (lame! I think this is my strongest song entered)

Last edited by SuperGreenX; 06-20-2008 at 02:14 PM..
Old 06-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #14
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

This is an outrage. Have no Tyrant is easily the best of the three. Stupid people have no taste in music. It's 264th right now! ;_;
Old 06-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #15
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

I'm up for this again!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #16
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I was trying to help Have No Tyrant at the beginning of the month, but I only saw it three times out of 1600 battles. Oh well . . .

Helpful hint: Click the play button on one song, then (within one or two seconds) click the play button on the other song. They should begin playing simultaneously, which saves twice as much time! Also make sure you are "thumbing" every song so you will know which songs you need to listen to, as Commandersa1 has already mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
This is an outrage. Have no Tyrant is easily the best of the three. Stupid people have no taste in music. It's 264th right now! ;_;
Better than the other two or not, it is still good enough to AT LEAST be in the top ten.

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Ice wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
Ponygonpwns
FFR Player

OMG this again? Last time I did this, I got really bored. Still have my account there, but I might go slower than last time, even with vacation.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
Y2KT1189
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Y2KT1189

You really weren't kidding when you said some of the stuff on there is complete garbage. But I did find some goodies (personally like "White Rain" by Audix, and "Unestablishment" by Ph).
Y2KT1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #19
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KT1189 View Post
You really weren't kidding when you said some of the stuff on there is complete garbage. But I did find some goodies (personally like &quot;White Rain&quot; by Audix, and &quot;Unestablishment&quot; by Ph).
In the few battles that I judged, I actually saw Unestablishment ... loved it.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #20
SuperGreenX
Tangy music sauce maker
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KT1189 View Post
You really weren't kidding when you said some of the stuff on there is complete garbage. But I did find some goodies (personally like "White Rain" by Audix, and "Unestablishment" by Ph).
Audix is a friend of mine and I'm going to be helping him release his album (which includes White Rain) soon. I have no reservations about beating him soundly in this competition though!