Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #21
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Sharpnelsound update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldagurlfan1 View Post
Omg!!! This collection fills my 15 year old self with so so much joy. I cannot believe you have this collection I am so happy for you. I wish I could get my hands on the CD with Flower Forever. <3 wow.

When my computer is done being built, I’m definitely gonna have to torrent this whether I like it or not. How do you even find copies?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! The CD with Flower Forever on it is pretty tough to get, since Anime Gabba It has become pretty rare, and it didn't show up frequently to begin with. You can still find Sharpnelsound Collection pretty regularly though. That one also contains the song. Your best bet is to look on yahoo japan auctions and bid on the auction via a proxy service like Noppin, but Sharpnelsound albums aren't the cheapest anymore...
The way I got most of the common albums as well as some of the rare ones was via yahoo japan auctions and second hand shops, but for most of the rare albums I had to go around contacting private collectors and DJs that were active during the time since some of them have never shown up for sale publicly. I was lucky to get in touch with the right people and search on auctions/second hand stores at the right times haha.
Getting in touch with the guy that had Double Dutch and From The Heart (as well as another album pictured in the collection pic) was a chance meeting really. A good friend of mine who lives in Japan writes articles about music like Sharpnelsound and other underground techno/hardcore acts. An OG partygoer happened to read his article on Sharpnelsound. The article also noted the significance of Double Dutch in the label's history, so the previous owner went to his parents house to dig up his old Sharpnelsound albums from storage and upload pics to twitter for posterity. I immediately jumped on the opportunity to get in contact with him and well.. Now they're in my hands lol

If you want to read my friend's article, the link is:
http://chigai.pico2culture.jp/article/181945715.html
It's an interesting read if this sort of underground party culture interests you. It also contains a little interview with DJ Sharpnel. Ian's other articles are all equally interesting and well-researched, so give them a go as well.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #22
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

Default Re: Sharpnelsound update

I would say nerd core is an abrasive way of considering a personal preference of samples as genre of speedcore. But it was a great read regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zeldagurlfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote