Old 06-16-2003, 07:16 PM   #1
clairmai
FFR Player

Default Xenosaga the BOOK?

Well, most people know this, but for those who don't. the game Xenosaga, or basically the entire xeno series, is based on a book written by some german guy named "Friednarch...err...something" LOL well anyways, i've been looking for the book lately, and then i found it on amazon.com. there were preview of the pages...but...it didn't really seem like a novel of any sort. it looked more like the bible if you ask me. can anyone explain this to me?
Old 06-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #2
Killrodx
FFR Player

hmmm, I heard something about their being a five part novel series(then again I could be seriously have been mislead) based on the Xeno world. I also know of the Perfect works book that has the original Xenogears setting, timeline and Junk but since Square is "bleh" and wouldn't allow everything to be put into Xenogears(You know...even though it's still a great RPG, it was a rush job. Maria and Emeralda's gears were supposed to have Omni-gears as well but they never put those in O.o...stupid Square). Now for that thing about their being Xenosaga Books, Those might have been the ones I heard about. Now possibly, the guy who came up with xenogears and saga, took some ideas from that guy whom you can't spell right. Because alot of things were taken from the bible and put into those games. Hmm, can you give me the link from amazon so I don't have to search for it all friggin night long.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #3
clairmai
FFR Player

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ooks&vi=reader

i can't be sure, but one thing is, the name os xenosaga episode 1 "Der wille zur macht" means the 'will of power' and this is the book.

there are some previews of the pages, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of anything have to do with the game
Old 06-17-2003, 11:49 PM   #4
Killrodx
FFR Player

After doing a quick look through it and looking on the Gamefaqs
"Xenosaga Episode one: Der wille zur Macht" forum to make
sure that I was right or not.

The game is based on Friedrich Nietzsche Philosophies.
The next game title for episode 2 "Jenseits von Gut und Boese"
Between Good and Evil is also going to based on some
of his philosophies about humanities good and bad sides...I think.
It may not EXACTLY be like the game, but their are some things
that were based off of it. Maybe you need to do a comparison check.
It would be hard for me to do a similarity check cause I played
and beaten the game three weeks after it was released. And I don't
remember much.

and thank you for the html.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:22 PM   #5
Yanah_the_Master
Banned

ham?
Yanah_the_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 01:35 PM   #6
clairmai
FFR Player

what Ham?
Old 06-22-2003, 05:49 PM   #7
Killrodx
FFR Player

that's what I'd like to know.
No wait, he didn't understand it.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:03 PM   #8
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Just to imform you, Xenosaga is based *mostly* on Xenogears, the game. I have a thread somewhere on it. By the way, it should be like the bible, because the whole fucking game is a bunch of plays on religion. At least XG was. Favorite game (disk one.....disk 2 kinda blew. At least that one was the short one).

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:19 PM   #9
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

I haven't played Xenogears of Xenosaga personally, but my friend was hardcore into it. I really want to play both. I know Xenogears is bitchin, but what about Xenosaga? Any good?

I didn't play XGbecause at the time I was an "Otaku" hating fiend. Anything anime related, I hated. Kind of ironic being that at the moment I am downloading the final episodes of .hack//sign and .hack//DUSK, Trigun, FLCL, Blue Seed, InuYasha, Perfect Blue, and Naruto. Oh, and Escaflowne.

Go figure.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 05:48 PM   #10
Killrodx
FFR Player

If you loved xenogears, then saga is for you.
If you can deal with the long cut-scenes(which I liked and brought more fun into the game. The beginning I liked for some odd reason) then pretty much it should be fine for you.
The battle system is turn based like FFX.
You can add deathblows this time but they consumes points.
Like skill, ether, and tech points.
One part I liked about it was the option to swap ether abilities to
other characters in the group so they had them as well. Very nice touch they added.
The Battle music is the same for all fights and boss fights except for the final boss which wasn't that bad.
the A.W.G.S are not that bad either . Although you would have to purchase the last 3 near the end. You can give them swords and guns(somtimes two of each for both hands)
They have a lil addicting card game so be forwarned on that part.
A.W.G.S repair items are dropped from enemies. they aren't equipable like in gears so be careful on their consumption.
hmm, storyline really caught my eye.
What a way for it to begin. It even has me wondering about some things that they haven't explained as to date until the later realeases.
anywho

Qreepy Boris wrote
Quote:
Just to imform you, Xenosaga is based *mostly* on Xenogears, the game.
Very true there.
Since Xenosaga isn't under sqaure's control. It was a nice idea to start over again. But also, we don't even know if episode 5 of gears will be added to the xenosaga series. It might or might not to be honest. I prefer to wait and see what happens. their are alot of discussions going on in the gamefaqs forum for anything Xenogears and saga based. And yes, some things were taken from that game and put into this one so it felt like xenogears to some of its hardcore fans. but I will wait and see what happens when episode 5 comes out in like 10-15 years from now

Qreepy Boris wrote

Quote:
By the way, it should be like the bible, because the whole fucking game is a bunch of plays on religion. At least XG was.
hell yeah that is true there. I considered Xenogears the holy bible anyways lol. I guess that's why I played it 8 times over @_@.

Well, That's my 2 cents for today.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:16 PM   #11
clairmai
FFR Player

Quote:
Just to imform you, Xenosaga is based *mostly* on Xenogears, the game. I have a thread somewhere on it. By the way, it should be like the bible, because the whole fucking game is a bunch of plays on religion. At least XG was. Favorite game (disk one.....disk 2 kinda blew. At least that one was the short one).
*gamespoiler*
ok, this might kinda spoil the game so that's why i marked it as a spoiler. Xenosaga is NOT based on Xenogears. The entire Xeno series has 5 parts/episodes. Xenosaga is part one. Yeahyeahyeah, they've got technology and everything and stuff. Afterwards, somewhere in between eps. 2-4, the gnosis "kindof" defeat humanity, everyone except for one ship. that ship leaves and then crashlands on the planet that xenogears takes place in.