Old 01-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #341
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle
Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Dragun_x View Post
So winter break was the only time that you could get a team together? the one time a year?
I only play with my friends that got me into League (solo queue is bullshit, too many idiots out there with no map awareness), the same ones I played DotA with. Two of them are away for school and work while in school. The other ones just work with varying schedules. Me? I work 6a-1p and 230p-730p Monday through Friday and go spend time with my fiancee and daughter on the weekends.

We'll see what Spring Break does for us. If not then, we have all summer.

Last edited by masterhickle; 01-10-2011 at 12:48 PM..
Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #342
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm more than welcome to play with people. Solo queue is indeed bullshit.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #343
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhickle View Post
Winter break is over chief. Sorry you were banned for a nice chunk of it.

And it's theory-crafting while you're talking about it / working out the numbers. Once you put it into practice, it's play-testing. I'm more in favor of play-testing.
ok so lets "play-test" 3v3 5v5 1v1 idc which can i just rip your kidneys out already

ps. ffr ban =/= lol ban just sayin ???_???
Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #344
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
ok so lets "play-test" 3v3 5v5 1v1 idc which can i just rip your kidneys out already

ps. ffr ban =/= lol ban just sayin ???_???
You're the one that challenged me, so I figured that if you really cared, you would have mentioned something about it over the break. I figured you also knew my LoL name, so I expected to hear something through League.

You didn't say anything about it, so I figured you stopped caring about it.

By the way, what does a 1v1 prove in a team game?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #345
x_Dragun_x
So. I Herd u Liek Mudkipz
FFR Veteran

Quote:
By the way, what does a 1v1 prove in a team game?
That you can outlane another player, and dont have to rely 100% on your teammates if they are busy in there lane or dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
^ Have thought about it, Have tried it, They throughly enjoyed it, Nuff said
Old 01-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #346
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Dragun_x View Post
That you can outlane another player, and dont have to rely 100% on your teammates if they are busy in there lane or dead
I can understand that, but what I'm trying to get at is this - Is every situation involving myself and Mina going to be a 1v1 scenario? 1v1s in-game are also rarely "fair" =P.

That's all I can post for now, time for work. Let's see if we can come up with some kind of guidelines later, ya know, to make this as skill-based as possible. (Same summoner spells, champ, etc)
Old 01-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #347
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

If you want to make it the most fair, just have it be no use of summoner spells, no runes, no masteries, only mid, and have 2-4 other people be in the game, that are only in top/bottom lanes, only there to spectate, and prevent towers from being taken by minions.

Jungle is allowed, first to kill the inhib or first to 3 kills wins, because i mean... after you get 1-2 kills they should have a huge lead after that and shouldn't matter
Quote:
You know you've played too much FFR when you're tempted to try it on your partner's privates.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #348
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

I just started, you can add me to the list if you like :P
WTFBrandon
Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #349
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

oh oh can you play ap mf too

because that would be hilarious

e: guess i'll dignify you with an answer to your question but if you actually knew the current meta game the ability for the solo lane to effectively lane against his opponent is crucial to keeping control over dragon. ex: solo mid loses his lane and is forced to town while his opponent is full hp and all other things being equal effective equates to the enemy team getting a free dragon and oh shit the great snowball fucking starts

but wouldn't expect you to understand any metagame w.e

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 01-11-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #350
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

lol this argument.

AP MF pales in comparison to AD MF. What do you do when you're done casting spells as MF? Her CDs are way too high to be a caster of any sort. Make It Rain is great for clearing creep waves and that initial slow but seriously, it's no Dark Matter.

What is the AP MF build anyways?

I just did a hybrid Poppy build for fun and dominated faces.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #351
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'd rather use AP Yi than AP MF.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #352
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I don't use AP MF anymore. I use more of an ASPD / AD hybrid.

My AP build was:
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages (never got it any later than 12 minutes)
Rylai's Scepter
Nashor's Tooth
Lich Bane
Zhonya's Ring

The current build I use when I do play her:
Boots of Swiftness
Madred's Bloodrazor
Wit's End
Phage
Bloodthirster
Infinity Edge

I like the additional damage from her W's passive =P

So for example Mina, while that Vlad I laned against as Veigar who focused on harassing me instead of farming pushed out my tower and I built up my Q.... Going by what you said, he should have been able to demolish me. I dropped him like the piece of crap he was starting at level 7. I was forced back a few times, but I still out-performed him.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #353
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -paexaea- View Post
I'd rather use AP Yi than AP MF.
But dude.. ap yi is SO FUNNY oh look i alpha strike for 1k to kill a squishy, then since my cd's got reset, i do it again to kill a not so squishy, then again, and again, and again, and there goes a penta XD i mean, i would never do it in ranked, but its funny as hell in normal

Quote:
So for example Mina, while that Vlad I laned against as Veigar who focused on harassing me instead of farming pushed out my tower and I built up my Q.... Going by what you said, he should have been able to demolish me. I dropped him like the piece of crap he was starting at level 7. I was forced back a few times, but I still out-performed him.
When did he say he would be able to demolish you? Just because he was harassing you dosent mean that he will beat you? he said IF you die then the snowball begins... not if you get harassed the snowball begins...
Quote:
Old 01-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #354
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

btw AP yi in aram = lulz everywhere
Old 01-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #355
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Note that I also said I was forced back a few times, which meant he had free reign of the lane for the minute or so I was gone (in each occurrence). There's really no reason he shouldn't have been able to just stomp me out whenever he felt like it. I never did die because I knew when I had to get the hell out of there.

At level 7, what do I have going for me? Maybe a Doran's Ring and Tear or Blasting Wand?
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #356
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

so basically master hickle plays against a terrible vlad and arrives at the conclusion that

it is ok to be pushed back to town whenever you get back to lane

!!!!

see this is what happens when terrible players play terribly and beat even worse players and then start to think that they have valid builds/strategies/~*~theorycrafting~*~ etc.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #357
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
so basically master hickle plays against a terrible vlad and arrives at the conclusion that

it is ok to be pushed back to town whenever you get back to lane

!!!!

see this is what happens when terrible players play terribly and beat even worse players and then start to think that they have valid builds/strategies/~*~theorycrafting~*~ etc.
I never said he was a good Vlad. Hell, I think that any Vlad that prioritizes harassing over last hitting before level 5 or 6 isn't the greatest Vlad in the world. Vlads ought to focus on last hitting to rush a Warmog's Armor. That Vlad was stupid and I punished him for it. What made it worse is that he didn't adjust his strategy. At all.

Edit: There have been very few times when I haven't been able to recover from being forced back to heal when I'm in mid. It isn't that difficult to stabilize if you're halfway competent.

I was just calling you out on an extremely generalized statement. Also, a Vlad in mid should be able to kill whoever he's laning against at level 6 or 7 in MOST cases.

You're entertaining me Mina. Please, keep trying to put me down. At least Dragun is decent about what he says.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #358
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I never said he was a good Vlad. Hell, I think that any Vlad that prioritizes harassing over last hitting before level 5 or 6 isn't the greatest Vlad in the world. Vlads ought to focus on last hitting to rush a Warmog's Armor. That Vlad was stupid and I punished him for it. What made it worse is that he didn't adjust his strategy. At all.

Edit: There have been very few times when I haven't been able to recover from being forced back to heal when I'm in mid. It isn't that difficult to stabilize if you're halfway competent.

I was just calling you out on an extremely generalized statement. Also, a Vlad in mid should be able to kill whoever he's laning against at level 6 or 7 in MOST cases.

You're entertaining me Mina. Please, keep trying to put me down. At least Dragun is decent about what he says.
Vlad, rushing Warmog's?
Theorycrafting has obviously not done you shit, warmogs isn't good at all on Vlad. You're fucking retarded.
That 3k or whatever bullshit Warmog's costs you would be way better spent on Sorc's and Sprit Visage maybe Mejais so you have your core items right off the bat.
Jesus christ I was just siding with mina before cause he's my friend, but now I know you're dumb lmao.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #359
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Unless something was changed about Warmog's in the 3 or so weeks I was gone, what's so bad about it on Vlad?

Warmog's -> Sorc. Shoes -> Rylai's -> new Zhonya's Ring. Please, tell me what's so bad about that.

I don't see anything wrong with the huge health / AP boost. I'll typically throw a Spirit Visage somewhere in there. It just depends on how I feel.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #360
x_Dragun_x
FFR Veteran

Yes a warmogs is a decent item to get on vlad, But, what does it give you compared to other items? Yes some raw health and 57 AP when maxed out. But no other survivability. (Survivability as in you being stunned/silenced and them getting free range on you) If you have 1000000 health, it wont matter if you get cc'd long enough against a physical champ with a razor, since you wont have the MR to handle up to it.
Its just like tanks, yes they could get 100000 health, But with 0 mr and 0 armor it wont help you if you get agro on someone, Getting a item with a benefit besides straight health will make you survive much longer, do more damage, and allow you to do better in general.

Like how about this build with vlad, costing about the exact same amount as what you said

Your build with runes/masteries

A more defensive build with runes and masteries

Yes your build has more ability power, and this build barely has any more surviveability, But since all of my items would be based around ability (with the exception of a gangel) The build would have just about as much health, with about 200 ap more, and about 2-4k more survivability

Long story short, if you get a warmogs, you might as well be a tank and get all defensive items, since that 1 item has dropped your max AP by about 100-200 if not more, or dropped your survivability by a considerable amount, and if you decide to bulk up your survivability, you suffer greatly on ap.
Just remember, raw health =/= survivability

*Edit* Oh and spell pen is capped at 49%, so if you get a void the mastery for 15% spell pen, any other spell pen is useless aka sorc boots/abyssal for yourself
Quote:
Closed Thread