Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #41
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru
Default Re: ||-The MMO Guide-||

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoElite2 View Post
We enjoy your opinion, but this isn't a thread for critisim. Thanks

The games graphics are for what they are, amazing. 2D at it's best. I love it, just don't play it often.
Funny. In review threads, it's all about critism for some. If you don't like the game, you've gotta say something.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #42
Yuruka
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
My defense of MapleStory:

Yes, it does suck, but for none of the reasons you said.

It sucks because the GMs aren't hard enough on hackers and the economy makes it impossible for a new player to get anything decent unless they're really lucky and get it from drop, buy mesos illegally, hack, or get a decent foothold with some capital and start "playing the market" (ie make profit from nothing by buying low from people who don't know what their stuff is worth, then turning around and selling for more than it's worth to others that don't know what it's worth). Aside from that, the only terrible thing is how long it takes to level at higher levels, and that's bearable as long as you don't want to just sit down and grind for 10 hours every day.

The things that you mentioned as negatives are positives in my opinion. I love the 2D art, and the interface is fantastic. I like the idea that bosses have tons of HP, so that certain classes can't just walk in and kill them in one hit. I love the job system. It opens the door for people to make alterations to their pathway as they go (in some cases anyway) and it is an effective way to unlock portions of your skillbook over time. Also: it allows for perma-beginners and I just really like the idea of being able to do that if I want.

ps there are tons of faces... that would be like saying anyone who plays WoW is the same faces. It's simply not true. As for monsters... they reuse and edit some sprites for related monsters (eg pigs, ribbon pigs, iron pigs, wild boar, fire boar, iron boar), but there is a wide variety of monsters, even if there are similar monsters. Actually using similar monsters gives the game a connected feel. If every monster were totally different than any other monsters, it would feel really random.

EDIT: Yeah, because getting to level 20 in MapleStory is enough time to say the game sucks for reasons that are totally wrong.
Well, what I ment by the interface is that it's TOO simple and the 2D graphics are just really repetetive. I mean; if it was like "Abe's Oddysee, Oddworld" Were it has beautiful painted backgrounds that is 2D but sprites are 3D then I think it would be better. But soon people are going to be saying "Remember Maplestory? That sucked." They draw you in and make you pay $$ and $$ for pixels to buy pixels ¬_¬, NXCash to buy items for the game, I mean come on!! It's pixels!! Well I have to admit I used to pay $$ to get Kamas on Dofus (Kamas=Money) But I only bought like $4 and after that thuoght it was stupid. Sure it's cheap, sure it lets you get that one item that you've been looking at for the last week but at the end of the day it's only pixels and spending REAL money on FAKE money for a GAME is obscene. Unless it's something like Subscription (Speaking of Subscriptions, I'm getting my FFR SUB soon .) Then I would see the point. That's what these game makers do. They make a game say it's free then make PREMIUM items and say "IF YOU BOUGHT SOME NXCASH YOU COULD HAVE THIS PET OR THIS ABILITY RESET ITEM!!!" But remember it's only what I think.

============

I'M UPDATING THE MMO LIST WITH "Scions Of Fate" A REALLY CRAPPY KOREAN MMORPG THAT HAD 600,000 PLAYERS (crackheads) IN KOREA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKPolk
B) Any suggestions as to what is good and not good will NEVER be taken seriously when the suggester has a Naruto avatar.

Naruto avatar? Where?

Bitch avatars don't mean .****.

I could get a picture of your moms' tits and put it there, that would mean your mom is a whore. Good for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud321
Just had to fix this up.

Maplestory:
Sweet 2D interface/graphics, makes you feel back at home with your good old SNES, yes graphics are better than the SNES, but the MMO is side scrolling so it has that sort of feel to it. There is no "Last Boss", but there is the "hardest boss" which does have 99999999999999999999999999999HP, BUT 5 parties get to fight him at the same time(6 people to a party).Easily hackable, yes but Wizet is working hard to ban all hackers and patch up the game so that it cannot be done. You need to get to level 10 (or 8 if you are going to be a mage)to get a job then level 30 to advance then 70 then 120. Equip a sword and a ring and a necklace then play a a card game for fun if you would like. All the monster's faces look completely different. Over 2,000 different monster to fight, 50+ bosses, 10,000+ quests. Really fun and incredibly addictive.
9/10

That's how it should be. You can't rate Maple story unless you've played it long enough to get to atleast level 50. It's kind of boring at first, but once your levels start to pick up, there is SO MUCH to do.

-----------
Exactly, I know he didn't play it past lvl 40.

Jesus christ you sound like you work for Wizet rofl, THERE ARE OVER 2000 BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED 2D ENEMIES .

Listen, I played that **** till level 13 at first, then 20. Then I got a level 63 account off my friend, then I levelled that till 80.

And yeah sure 2D graphics are cool, SOMETIMES.
It's the 21st century, it's time to make games that are for those 726MB GeForce graphics cards!! You need to strech out those graphics and stop holding back in 2D.

That's what I Think.

You Gonna Get Raped!
I hate those gay poké/digifag adoptables.
Lol 100 posts in about 2 days.

Last edited by Yuruka; 02-26-2007 at 04:48 PM..
Yuruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #43
Yuruka
FFR Player

|mod Delete This Post.|

You Gonna Get Raped!

Last edited by Yuruka; 02-26-2007 at 04:48 PM..
Old 02-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #44
Yuruka
FFR Player

|mod Delete This Post.|

You Gonna Get Raped!

Last edited by Yuruka; 02-26-2007 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 PM   #45
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

|Mod Delete Above User|

Seriously, just because you have some beef with MS doesn't automatically say that MS sucks. If you haven't taken the time to play and get to know the game, then you really can't say **** about it.

Also, your avatar is of Kite from .Hack. Not only was that anime WORSE than Naruto, Kite is a major ***. Fail post is fail.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #46
Ranasta
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necamus View Post
Your opinions suck.
i agree lol but apparently u guys havent played Deicide(yes its spelled for for a reason!)
http://deicide.ongameport.com
When u download it i play on the Vail server and my name is Squally and right now im a lvl 55 Cleric this game is the best FREE!! MMORPG i have played and its 3D etc....Its awsome id give it a 10/10 for the economy not being to bad for even a newb to join and get best stuff.One warning it does require time to level up but its so worth it ^_^
Old 02-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #47
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

They could at least put a little more effort in the stat bars in that game. They look so ugly.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2007, 01:04 AM   #48
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruka View Post
They draw you in and make you pay $$ and $$ for pixels to buy pixels ¬_¬, NXCash to buy items for the game, I mean come on!! It's pixels!! Well I have to admit I used to pay $$ to get Kamas on Dofus (Kamas=Money) But I only bought like $4 and after that thuoght it was stupid. Sure it's cheap, sure it lets you get that one item that you've been looking at for the last week but at the end of the day it's only pixels and spending REAL money on FAKE money for a GAME is obscene. Unless it's something like Subscription (Speaking of Subscriptions, I'm getting my FFR SUB soon .) Then I would see the point. That's what these game makers do. They make a game say it's free then make PREMIUM items and say "IF YOU BOUGHT SOME NXCASH YOU COULD HAVE THIS PET OR THIS ABILITY RESET ITEM!!!" But remember it's only what I think.
Because everything in this world is free and Wizet/Nexon made the game out of the goodness of their hearts. Nothing in this world is free. Get over it. You don't HAVE to buy anything, and it isn't like anything in the cash shop gives you a significant advantage. Oh noes megaphones, clothes, pets, and SP/AP resets. Woohoo.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2007, 01:09 AM   #49
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Actually, AP resets would give a HUGE advantage if they were actually cost effective to use.
Old 03-1-2007, 07:27 AM   #50
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranasta View Post
Deicide(yes its spelled for for a reason!)
It's spelled that way for a reason? The reason is that deicide is a real word, composed of very common Latin roots...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote