Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Audio and Music Production
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-4-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default [Single] Ashix - How It's Supposed To Be (2014 Remaster)

I removed this track from my SoundCloud since the original mix wasn't that good, so a while later I decided to just remaster it. It came out a lot better, honestly.

Before:

After:

Warning: No dynamics at all whatsoever.
https://soundcloud.com/thesapphiredragon/08282013-02042014
Buy it on Bandcamp : Click Here

No FFR permission.

This isn't even worth any money, so what am I doing with my life.
Old 02-5-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: [Single] Ashix - How It's Supposed To Be (2014 Remaster)

Probably pretty non-constructive but sounds discordant and not mixed well at all. Midrange sounds so light and tinny for first one and a half minutes, then the random wobs at at 1:34 sound a bit better but still this whole piece seems confused and messy.
Your Remix WIPs are much better than this so I don't even know why this is for pay.

Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 02-5-2014 at 08:02 AM..
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-5-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Probably pretty non-constructive but sounds discordant and not mixed well at all. Midrange sounds so light and tinny for first one and a half minutes, then the random wobs at at 1:34 sound a bit better but still this whole piece seems confused and messy.
Your Remix WIPs are much better than this so I don't even know why this is for pay.
Made this way too far back, so I was a dumbass. Kommi even had to explain to me to keep a track in a key (if you can remember that far back). I don't even have the .flp anymore, nor the samples I used. Otherwise I would've done in-depth mixing and fixing.

My remix WIPs are recent, not way back when. That's why they're better.

The reason it's for pay is because I'm cheap bastard now and poor as fuck. All my originals now are gonna be for sale and not free anymore (depending on quality and if I feel nice). I need to be able to get some profit for my work. I'm starting to not feel motivated since lots of my stuff go unnoticed, and I work my ass off every track- just to get a few listens. Selling the tracks won't get my listens up or anything, but hey, every other producer sells their tracks when they're horrid. *Shrug*

All my remixes will be free though, as I don't have the rights to the songs anyway.

Last edited by Herogashix; 02-5-2014 at 09:23 AM..
Herogashix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2014, 01:05 AM   #4
behanjc
stargroup & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to behanjc

No real point critiquing the song/mix, as you yourself acknowledge how you've improved a lot since it was made. I recommend if you revisit old tracks and notice how they're inadequate, to actually try and re-mix them to sound better (I know you said you didn't have the flp anymore, so I guess what I'm saying is, I would have let this track become history lol).

Seems like you just threw a limiter on an old track and said, "hey that sounds better." (probably just sounds louder :P)

Not trying to be discouraging at all, rather encouraging you to grow as a producer in other, more constructive ways. The fact that you notice improvement since this track was made shows your going in the right direction, so focus on improving with each new track instead of trying to poorly salvage old ones
behanjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2014, 05:22 AM   #5
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by behanjc View Post
Seems like you just threw a limiter on an old track and said, "hey that sounds better." (probably just sounds louder :P)
Went through 8 EQ2 and 1 Reverb 2 (0.7s, 100/35 dry/wet, -35% mono)... just to be put through T-Rack. lmfao

I won't be salvaging any other tracks.
This one was just the best track I made at that time, and it's where I started to realize "oh, scales help more than plopping notes down"- cause I was just a noobie with no musical history or training. I started from scratch to get here, and that was a milestone for me since I spent so much time on the track. :P

I got a couple things going on in March, so hopefully that will make or break my drive to make music.