Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 11-9-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default An Open Letter Re: QueenAshy

So since this keeps being a constant source of forum nonsense, lets just grab bulls by horns and address elephants in rooms and so forth.

The problem here is a self-feeding cycle. Here's how that cycle goes:

1/ QueenAshy makes a thread that should have been a bump to a previous thread of hers.

2/ A bunch of people decide a great idea is to come into her thread and tell her off for making too many threads, or for the content of her threads, or otherwise just react with hostility.

3/ The people doing 2/ invariably break a rule and get infracted or given a short 1-day Ban

4/ The thread gets completely derailed by people going on at length about how they don't like the bans, to the point that we have to lock the thread.

5/ When QueenAshy wants to continue her thread, it's locked, so she makes a new thread.

Goto2

More than anything, this is just getting tiresome.

Everybody who doesn't like QueenAshy:

Yes, there are a vocal group of people who don't like QueenAshy. Your dislike of her or her posting doesn't mean you can break the rules. And when you break the rules, eventually it gets you banned, even if just for a day. I don't think any of you have been banned for posting in QueenAshy threads for as long, in total, as QueenAshy has been banned herself for when her threads break rules, so maybe just don't use slurs, and harass users, and you'll be fine.

You don't have to read QueenAshy threads, you don't have to post in QueenAshy threads, in fact we have a handy ignore list that will make it so you never see a post of hers ever again. If you can't restrain yourself from breaking the rules responding to her, you're going to get infracted and banned. You'll have to choose between "Venting your spleen at QueenAshy" and "Not being banned" if you aren't able to manage "Being critical without breaking the rules" (Though you'll probably still be being a jerk, since you can easily block her and not see her posts at all, they're not being forced on you here)

QueenAshy:

Most of your threads should be random thoughts on your profile. I understand that you get a larger audience here, but if your primary motive is "Getting attention" instead of "Engaging with the community" maybe...go do that somewhere else? We have forums for discussion between members of the community, and we have 'random thoughts' on profiles for when you are just putting information about your life out / blogging to yourself about your life.

You're not entitled to the widest possible audience regardless of your content. Things go in places. Put them in the right places. If you want to make a thread, think about whether this is something for the community to know about, care about, and want to engage with or whether it should be a blog post somewhere, or a random thought on your profile for the interested.

And if you decide it should be a thread, please, if the previous thread is still open and about that same stuff, please just put it in that thread instead of making a new one?

Last edited by devonin; 11-9-2018 at 06:22 PM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: An Open Letter Re: QueenAshy

oh come on you're all no fun at all
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
PixlSM
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
1/ QueenAshy makes a thread that should have been a bump to a previous thread of hers.

5/ When QueenAshy wants to continue her thread, it's locked, so she makes a new thread.
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:02 PM   #4
theropfather
FFR Player

Talking Re: An Open Letter Re: QueenAshy

Don't you have better things to do?
theropfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:14 PM   #5
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:18 PM   #6
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:27 PM   #7
flashflash account
FFR Player

my understanding of forum ettiquete is basically that it's considered bad form to make threads with no purpose. Is there not a general discussion-type thread used to make these one-off posts that you can pretty much only respond to with "nice!" or "ecksdee you're such a furry!"?

I personally enjoy queenashy threads because my own life is in such a state of decay that it's a nice distraction, however fleeting

EDIT: Like, from my point of view, the threads ought to be locked simply because they're threads that shouldn't have been made in the first place, not because of how people are behaving in them.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

Last edited by flashflash account; 11-9-2018 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: logic
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:29 PM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
If you're going to willfully miss the point that the intervening steps are "Users come in and break rules and act like jerks so we have to lock the threads" there's not really much point in trying to engage with you further is there.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:48 PM   #9
PixlSM
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

well everyone in this thread is being a jerk why dont we lock this thread
Old 11-9-2018, 07:55 PM   #10
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

It really depends on the content that was provided.

For instance, last thread, the cycle was close to not repeating. If you noticed, the thread "drama" was for something completely unrelated to QueenAshey. It was instead about someone stating to fix the rules for TGB and thus started a drama loop.

Sure, there were some passive aggressive statements or even just some that was poking fun, but I think we all knew the drill when we saw that thread. I think there was at most two people in that thread that stated what you said about her making too many threads about wanting self attention.

*Shrug*

I don't hate her, but I do question her motives constantly. She unironically makes FFR lively with posts, which I'm sure is what she ultimately wants anyways (since she wants attention), but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 11-9-2018 at 07:56 PM..
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 07:56 PM   #11
Nick012
FFR Player

QueenAshy will NOT be silenced by the likes of you
Nick012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 08:00 PM   #12
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

listen, mom

if you're all for equal treatment and such that's fine and dandy

but when the person across you is a lesbian wolfkin transsexual aspirant-elite gamer wannabe-intellectual arguably-narcissist who wants puppies to be immortal, who is fueled by human affection, with a transsexual casual-gamer partner with whom ey has issues with eys transitional physical features while ey has been going through the same issues as ey since ey eyself asks for advice on breastpadding,
*inhales*
who thinks vibro is the same as mashing, thinks redirecting to a thread is a personal attack, has a subscription on "I was only acting retarded"-cards and is generally equally as capable of posting hostile and/or toxic reactions, derailing her threads, break rules and get infracted as the rest of us
then it's not really our fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 08:05 PM   #13
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
listen, mom

but when the person across you is a lesbian wolfkin transsexual aspirant-elite gamer wannabe-intellectual arguably-narcissist who wants puppies to be immortal, who is fueled by human affection, with a transsexual casual-gamer partner with whom ey has issues with eys transitional physical features while ey has been going through the same issues as ey since ey eyself asks for advice on breastpadding,
*inhales*
who thinks vibro is the same as mashing, thinks redirecting to a thread is a personal attack, has a subscription on "I was only acting retarded"-cards and is generally equally as capable of posting hostile and/or toxic reactions, derailing her threads, break rules and get infracted as the rest of us

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-9-2018, 08:08 PM   #14
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Opening up a huge can of worms here but since devonin brought it up again in reference to QueenAshy:

I got into a conversation with QueenAshy way back then in a now deleted thread, when this was first becoming an issue. I asked honestly why she continues to make threads despite being banned previously for shitposting, and being told to give some critical thought into making other threads?

I recall getting played the victim card. That she posts for attention when she is feeling a great amount of anxiety, as it is a form of relief to have others respond & engage with her. However, almost all of the time it garners negative interaction, which just increases that sort of posting & behavior.

I want to believe that QueenAshy is getting help based on this thread as well as this thread (two different threads mind you), but as long as the cycle keeps repeating, and with that card already being played, and already attempted to find a solution, I felt socially required to keep quiet about it. Because, you know, anxiety issues/IRL issues that probably shouldn't be intruded upon.

Hopefully maybe shines some light on how I see all of this playing out.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 11-9-2018 at 08:11 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 08:11 PM   #15
PixlSM
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

scintill posts are the best part of ffr
Old 11-9-2018, 08:12 PM   #16
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

The thing is, Mr. Lugia, is that this time there really wasn't much negativity towards her in that thread. At most two people were being overly negative, but the rest was just a casual whatever thread that kind of sprouted out of the blue with some shitposting here and there. It felt comfy, until someone brought up TGB rules, but meh.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 11-9-2018, 08:21 PM   #17
Nick012
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
..., Mr. Lugia, ...
That's Mr. Stinger for you sir
Nick012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 08:24 PM   #18
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
The thing is, Mr. Lugia, is that this time there really wasn't much negativity towards her in that thread. At most two people were being overly negative, but the rest was just a casual whatever thread that kind of sprouted out of the blue with some shitposting here and there. It felt comfy, until someone brought up TGB rules, but meh.
I understand that. What I'm trying to get at, in a nutshell, from my own conclusions, is that this type of "forum nonsense" is not going to get fixed unless:

a) QueenAshy finds suitable assistance IRL and gets her anxiety put in check by a professional therapist (which I don't see happening due to the cycle of anxiety that gets created with what I mentioned prior)

or

b) QueenAshy gets banned from making threads, forcing her to either use random thoughts, or use other people's threads, which would be considered derailment if it did not pertain to the thread.

This isn't a particularly new idea either. I think I suggested the idea of a thread creation ban almost immediately after QueenAshy's 2nd ban. I don't feel there's a reason or need to exclude someone entirely from a community by outright banning them, but I feel like the line has been drawn multiple times regarding QueenAshy threads, and this thread being made shows that those lines do not work.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 11-9-2018 at 08:27 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:41 PM   #19
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
listen, mom

*inhales*
this post can be simplified to "it's not our fault if we break the rules because queenashy is a bad poster"

I don't even have a stake in this, I'm not a mod and I do not care if you break rules, but you're exhibiting a lack of self-control if you really mean what you're saying.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 10:00 PM   #20
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

I shat in my adult diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING