Old 10-26-2016, 10:23 PM   #281
James May
FFR Player

Default Re: MOVEZ (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED, WORKIN ON THE REST. NOVEMBER.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zero~ View Post
I still need to send my fixes for my file, and updated my cdtitle - so I will wait until the title is done before i send the fixes
What files did you send o3o? I haven't seen a file from you in the email x3x

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:44 PM   #282
~Zero~
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~Zero~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Zero~
Default Re: MOVEZ (FILES TILL OCT. 10TH, ON HIATUS TILL OCT. 9TH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post

Maybe
Ruinous Ruins - This would have been a great addition for VGMP4 x3x Not too sure whether or not Rog or Kommi would put this in. It's a good file but I don't think the song lends itself to being on this pack, I'll leave it up to the others.
This one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
More like Tier ~0~
~Zero~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #283
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
This one
Oooh! I did not notice that you were gradi oops D:

Just from what I've noticed

(Going by beat/measure because using Arrow Vortex for the first time...really handy wow)
Challenge
M5.08/B20.33: Jump
M5.58/B22.33: Jump
M5.96/B23.83: Jump
M6.08/B24.33: Jump
M6.83/B27.33: Jump
M7.33/B29.33: Jump
M7.58/B30.33: Personally, that note should be on a 2 or have the 48th be on the 2 if you want to maintain the minitrill
M8.21/B32.83: This and the one and the 4th on M8.25/B33.00 whould be jumps
M8.54/B34.17: Jump
M9.96/B39.83: Jump
M11.08/B44.33: Jump
M12.21/B48.83: Jump
M15.46/B61.83: Jump for this and the 4th note that follows it
M18.96/B75.83: Jump

Basically most of my nitpicking here is the missing jumps that would be used to accentuate the drums.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:48 AM   #284
~Zero~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ~Zero~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Zero~

Quote:
Stuff
1. What is Arrow Vortex
2. I have no clue where those jumps are, the timing/beats seems to be different in ddream vs stepmania - and I can only edit using ddream haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
More like Tier ~0~
~Zero~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:24 AM   #285
LeiN-
FFR Player

i'm sorry but may i ask that is DDRNGGin gonna check my stuff?
LeiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:22 AM   #286
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiN- View Post
i'm sorry but may i ask that is DDRNGGin gonna check my stuff?
Oh, my apologies. I will try my best to have the review up for your file by this Saturday at the latest.

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)
DDRNGGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:58 AM   #287
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
1. What is Arrow Vortex
2. I have no clue where those jumps are, the timing/beats seems to be different in ddream vs stepmania - and I can only edit using ddream haha.
Here ya go :3
http://www.ddrnl.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=156

I'll get the DDReam timings on here either later today or Saturday at the latest

Old 10-27-2016, 08:36 AM   #288
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Lurker I think you were trying to be sarcastic but that didn't really come off as funny to me, just whiny and misinformed.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #289
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Hey guys, it's me. I know some of the newer folks don't know me very well, so perhaps this post won't have as much influence as it would've maybe two or three years ago. Nevertheless:

I'd like to think that I have consistently been able to tell what was right for the community. Sure, I may not have had the power to effect change within the community, but I rest assured that if I had it my way, StepMania (and perhaps rhythm games as a whole) would be way better off. Anyway, I have thought about this ever since this pack was announced, and I have come to only one conclusion: this pack cannot go on.

Now, this is not a uniform condemnation of anyone who put time and effort into this pack and the files within it. However, I believe that this pack stands too strongly for the dated, elitist values that defined the early history of FlashFlashRevolution's StepMania-playing userbase up until the creation of NBJS 5. These values have been proven to be unfit for a thriving community by the examples of FFR Community Megapack 4, ODIPack 3, and the more recent Untitled StepMania Pack and StepMania Revival Pack. Using those examples, just about anyone can see the likely fate of this pack: an anemic, half-hearted mess that no one in the intended audience will rate highly, and everyone outside of that audience will ignore because it is simply too easy.

In addition, the mere organization of these projects have proven time and time again to stifle further developments within the community. Newer chart creators find themselves either forced to submit to these packs (almost always resulting in rejection due to not having the ability to immediately deduce what songs, layering, etc are acceptable by the judges) or ignored when they try releasing anything outside of this dated system. How are the Travis Fleshers and Soul Evanses of the community supposed to develop further if they're immediately denied any chance of having their files played?

Therefore, I implore you to immediately suspend your pack, and free all of the files which have been submitted thus far. I would (sadly) discourage people from releasing files that were accepted for this project, since they are inherently tainted with the usual prejudices within this community. However, I would encourage anyone, regardless of whether or not their files were accepted to this pack, to submit to projects by new users such as Soul Evans' current one. Be prepared, however: if you're used to having your files accepted by packs and Soul Evans rejects your files, you'll have to examine your biases and wonder if your files are actually as good as you think they are.
How about no :V

Old 10-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #290
lurker
ur worst nitemare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
Lurker I think you were trying to be sarcastic but that didn't really come off as funny to me, just whiny and misinformed.
it's a good thing i wasn't joking then

Last edited by lurker; 10-27-2016 at 12:08 PM..
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #291
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I don't know about you lurker but I think my files are good regardless of what an internet stranger thinks of them.

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #292
leonid
I am leonid

As in even if MOVEZ rejected my files very few things will convince me to change my charts
(ofc I do listen to suggestions like "make it easier" etc but u know what i'm saying - the general direction and style of my stepcharting are my unique things and I do little compromise when it comes to them)
basically it really doesn't matter what pack I submit to, as long as they put my files in

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 10-27-2016 at 02:57 PM..
Old 10-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #293
blazziken
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Hey guys, it's me. I know some of the newer folks don't know me very well, so perhaps this post won't have as much influence as it would've maybe two or three years ago. Nevertheless:

I'd like to think that I have consistently been able to tell what was right for the community. Sure, I may not have had the power to effect change within the community, but I rest assured that if I had it my way, StepMania (and perhaps rhythm games as a whole) would be way better off. Anyway, I have thought about this ever since this pack was announced, and I have come to only one conclusion: this pack cannot go on.

Now, this is not a uniform condemnation of anyone who put time and effort into this pack and the files within it. However, I believe that this pack stands too strongly for the dated, elitist values that defined the early history of FlashFlashRevolution's StepMania-playing userbase up until the creation of NBJS 5. These values have been proven to be unfit for a thriving community by the examples of FFR Community Megapack 4, ODIPack 3, and the more recent Untitled StepMania Pack and StepMania Revival Pack. Using those examples, just about anyone can see the likely fate of this pack: an anemic, half-hearted mess that no one in the intended audience will rate highly, and everyone outside of that audience will ignore because it is simply too easy.

In addition, the mere organization of these projects have proven time and time again to stifle further developments within the community. Newer chart creators find themselves either forced to submit to these packs (almost always resulting in rejection due to not having the ability to immediately deduce what songs, layering, etc are acceptable by the judges) or ignored when they try releasing anything outside of this dated system. How are the Travis Fleshers and Soul Evanses of the community supposed to develop further if they're immediately denied any chance of having their files played?

Therefore, I implore you to immediately suspend your pack, and free all of the files which have been submitted thus far. I would (sadly) discourage people from releasing files that were accepted for this project, since they are inherently tainted with the usual prejudices within this community. However, I would encourage anyone, regardless of whether or not their files were accepted to this pack, to submit to projects by new users such as Soul Evans' current one. Be prepared, however: if you're used to having your files accepted by packs and Soul Evans rejects your files, you'll have to examine your biases and wonder if your files are actually as good as you think they are.
forced joke 3/10

clik on the banner and "Welcome to the jumptrill world"

PD: Moonsault blaze 2 is coming, just waiting us..
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #294
leonid
I am leonid

ya if u were jokin....... n1 it went right over my head

Proud member of Team No
Old 10-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #295
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

How about you let this pack, which has offended basically no one who has submitted to it, just run itself and if you want a pack with a different philosophy then make it yourself. The closest anyone besides you has seemed to have a problem with it is whiteh, who said he would take Glorious Crown elsewhere because of the judge's reception (and he hardly seemed that upset). As it is you are asking people to take their creativity and time and throw it in the trash for no damned good reason.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
Old 10-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #296
sunn0glasses
FFR Player

pretty sure we can chill about lurker's post, like.. 99% sure he was joking
sunn0glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #297
lurker
ur worst nitemare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
How about you let this pack, which has offended basically no one who has submitted to it, just run itself and if you want a pack with a different philosophy then make it yourself. The closest anyone besides you has seemed to have a problem with it is whiteh, who said he would take Glorious Crown elsewhere because of the judge's reception (and he hardly seemed that upset). As it is you are asking people to take their creativity and time and throw it in the trash for no damned good reason.
see, the big problem is that these projects primarily hurt the silent majority so no, you won't see a lot of people getting offended by it (and should never expect to in any situation whatsoever)
i am also too representative of the elitist minority to start a pack myself
as far as the last part goes you (and everyone who contributed) need to accept that some creativity is in fact wasted. it's a fact of life
Old 10-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #298
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

I am convinced that the existence of this pack is hurting literally no one in the SM community, and fail to see how the existence of ANY pack would hurt the community.

You mention in your original post that packs like ODI 3, Untitled SM Pack, and FFR CP 4 are viewed as, "an anemic, half-hearted mess that no one in the intended audience will rate highly, and everyone outside of that audience will ignore because it is simply too easy." Please cite anyone who has voiced this opinion. As someone in the intended audience, those are three packs which I in fact quite enjoy and play regularly. ODI 3 might just be my favorite pack, actually.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #299
James May
FFR Player

Okay, can we move this elsewhere and gear our focus back to the pack.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #300
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
move
icwudt
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote