Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 PM   #2901
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Though not too sure how I'm feeling about the way you're playin this right now Julian. I know the heat is high on you but idk Phil feels unlikely to me for a block.
i think it makes sense given how molly seems to have been playing. her scumreads were me and eugene (who she had the most interaction with) and she also voiced issues with phil (who she kind of had interaction with considering he talked openly about the blocker and what she should do). it's reactionary play. she has beef with phil, she sees phil being vocal about the chief wagon, and so her reaction to the mislynch is to suspect phil even harder

i know that i'm the more obvious candidate for her block, but i know my alignment, and even if she did block me, i still wouldn't be able to make sense of the night actions (or lack thereof). blocking phil makes the most sense from my position right now
Old 03-16-2020, 12:40 PM   #2902
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
... Did you just provide curiosity as to why the Doc didn't save Phil or Eugene?

Someone you're accusing of being a wolf, or someone you've also suggested could be a wolf LITERALLY YOUR ONE POST PRIOR
not talking about the doc save there. talking about the wolf kill choice (killing a townread player, they seem more likely choices over fauna)
Old 03-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #2903
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Julian
do you not think I would be playing well as a wolf?
why is it Eugene who is the town here, and not me?

you do realize you have like
3 assumptions on Molly, yeah?

she'd have to dislike my very routine mech play on leaving PR info, which granted, she said she did, but beyond that, she'd have to

dislike me leading the chief lynch, which would be pretty stupid given Molly was voting for Chief before I was

that alone should be example enough that your idea is stupid

you're right that a blocker tries to find deep wolves, but Eugene would fit this far better given her progression

you come so close to having a decent thought, but you swerve onto me instead of Eugene and I have no idea if its wolfy or not (I'm deciding not to care about what Boomer is pointing out about Julian talking about potential nightkills)
Old 03-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #2904
TWG Tank
FFR Player

if fauna was killed it could be a doc dodge that didnt work out and/or roleread
I would be extremely confused based on mollys posts if she never targeted julian, and kinda the only reason I can see her not doing so last night is if she'd done it before to no apparent effect
I quoted a thing earlier where Molly talks about specifically thinking THE TOWN BLOCKER IS BEING GASLIGHTED by people's assumptions of what happened n1
but im still kinda confused by that idea
If I grab it again will someone actually see if they get something from it this time?
Old 03-16-2020, 12:44 PM   #2905
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
if fauna was killed it could be a doc dodge that didnt work out and/or roleread
I would be extremely confused based on mollys posts if she never targeted julian, and kinda the only reason I can see her not doing so last night is if she'd done it before to no apparent effect
I quoted a thing earlier where Molly talks about specifically thinking THE TOWN BLOCKER IS BEING GASLIGHTED by people's assumptions of what happened n1
but im still kinda confused by that idea
If I grab it again will someone actually see if they get something from it this time?
its relevant to the current situation, so yes
Old 03-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #2906
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
I've been totally forgetting about Maple for whatever reason
Everyone has. PAY ATTENTION TO ME
Old 03-16-2020, 12:46 PM   #2907
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
maybe this is hard to believe for everyone who isn't me but molly probably blocked phil?

she had suspicions of eugene and i, and i wonder if that came from a bit of an OMGUS style mindset. eugene had his blowup on her, and i pushed on her both d1 and then d3. del played similarly too: he thought i was a wolf for pushing on him, and he started to focus on me as a result

if that's molly's approach to solving the game, then combine her earlier suspicions of phil wanting the blocker to out themselves (which molly was, of course, especially sensitive to) with phil being the most vocal proponent of the chief lynch at eod (which ended up being a miss), i could see her deciding to block him
Hail mariest hail Mary I've ever seen.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #2908
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I think I have to call this push from Julian wolfy, ultimately
I don't see how a town gets onto me and not onto Eugene from what he's been saying

just be trying to fight a top town to seem townie
WhY wOuLd He FiGhT pHiL tHeRe As A wOlF
Old 03-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #2909
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't see how a town gets onto me and not onto Eugene from what he's been saying

Think possible Julian/Eugene w/w pair?
Old 03-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #2910
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
This sounds like an attempt to gaslight the town blocker. I personally think that the doctor saved the cop, that the wolves sent a kill not on the cop, and I think any other action amongst the doctor/wolves would be dumb to make. Sure, there's a possibility of the wolves targeting Del and/or doc targeting not-Del, but when you say that it's a "classic WIFOM", it makes it seem like you're suggesting that the odds are 50/50.

I want to say that there is likely to be at least one wolf amongst those trying to normalize the idea of the doc not saving cop and/or wolves targeting cop.
^ cut out of longer post
Old 03-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #2911
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:

agree mostly bc idt he analyzed other possibilities fairly enough before going I Think Im Right
Old 03-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #2912
TWG Boomer
FFR Player

Quote:
not talking about the doc save there. talking about the wolf kill choice (killing a townread player, they seem more likely choices over fauna)
Okay, but you're also accusing that town-read player of being a fucking wolf.
Why would they ever be a nightkill in your world if they're a wolf.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #2913
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Julian
do you not think I would be playing well as a wolf?
why is it Eugene who is the town here, and not me?

you do realize you have like
3 assumptions on Molly, yeah?

she'd have to dislike my very routine mech play on leaving PR info, which granted, she said she did, but beyond that, she'd have to

dislike me leading the chief lynch, which would be pretty stupid given Molly was voting for Chief before I was

that alone should be example enough that your idea is stupid

you're right that a blocker tries to find deep wolves, but Eugene would fit this far better given her progression

you come so close to having a decent thought, but you swerve onto me instead of Eugene and I have no idea if its wolfy or not (I'm deciding not to care about what Boomer is pointing out about Julian talking about potential nightkills)
i'm going to reread molly's posts later on with what you say in mind

on you over eugene, i don't think eugene has the incentive to post the way he has as a wolf, and i know that you're a competent player who could post the way you've posted this game as a wolf

and i'll say this to you regardless of whether you're town or wolf: you're once again making a huuuuuuge assumption that molly's going to play the same way you do, and think about things the same way you do. look at what she admitted herself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I'm going to be real here, I'm just awful at this game; I don't know why I torture myself to play it.
even if she suspected chief as well, she knows her alignment and doesn't know yours. maybe it's hypocritical for her to scumread you for something she herself was on board with, but you can argue it didn't happen just because it is.

when one of her scumreads turns out to be town, she sees that and sees you advocating for their lynch and she recalls her earlier issues with you and she decides you're suspicious. i think it's really that simple
Old 03-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #2914
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
Think possible Julian/Eugene w/w pair?
that's incredibly face-up if so
if that's the team, I think it gives some credence to why wolves might've killed Molly last night, if she has two of the wolves numbers

I think Eugene has been very town though, so I'm gonna have to say nah
Old 03-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #2915
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Boomer View Post
Okay, but you're also accusing that town-read player of being a fucking wolf.
Why would they ever be a nightkill in your world if they're a wolf.
not my world. i'm entertaining mathilda's world. i'm saying IF mathilda's right and i'm wrong, then blah blah blah
Old 03-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #2916
TWG Phil
FFR Player

well, tank, I can say that rereading that post made me realize who Molly was
I think that person uses the word "gaslight" a bit more often than most, and I think all it comes out to is a slight scumread on Agent S from them

this is why you're supposed to leave your role actions in some manner, btw
Old 03-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #2917
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
i'm going to reread molly's posts later on with what you say in mind

on you over eugene, i don't think eugene has the incentive to post the way he has as a wolf, and i know that you're a competent player who could post the way you've posted this game as a wolf

and i'll say this to you regardless of whether you're town or wolf: you're once again making a huuuuuuge assumption that molly's going to play the same way you do, and think about things the same way you do. look at what she admitted herself:

even if she suspected chief as well, she knows her alignment and doesn't know yours. maybe it's hypocritical for her to scumread you for something she herself was on board with, but you can argue it didn't happen just because it is.

when one of her scumreads turns out to be town, she sees that and sees you advocating for their lynch and she recalls her earlier issues with you and she decides you're suspicious. i think it's really that simple
firstly, now that I know who Molly is, they're not terrible, and it makes me feel a lot worse for them knowing how they felt at the time, because they're really good at the game

I think its very dumb to suspect me because Chief was town, yes. Does it rule that out from happening? From other people's perspectives, no, it doesn't. From mine, the mechanics make even less sense if that happened, considering I'm town

lol at you calling this case "simple"

Julian, I'm not dying today. I'm not dying by lynch in this game at any point. I killed Zucker, and considering you seem to know a bit, you know that I never, ever do that to a partner, and scoff at people for doing so.

Reread Molly's posts, but know that you will die on this hill if you push me like this.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:02 PM   #2918
TWG Julian
FFR Player

for all those wondering why phil over eugene, i've already said eugene doesn't have the incentive to play the way he has in terms of activity (not just post count, but the amount of hours and stretches of time he's been active in the thread; he's like almost ALWAYS in here) and enthusiasm as a wolf

i'm also pretty convinced on both who of them are, and where eugene wouldn't be able to fake this kind of play, phil absolutely could
Old 03-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #2919
TWG Julian
FFR Player

Quote:
firstly, now that I know who Molly is, they're not terrible, and it makes me feel a lot worse for them knowing how they felt at the time, because they're really good at the game

I think its very dumb to suspect me because Chief was town, yes. Does it rule that out from happening? From other people's perspectives, no, it doesn't. From mine, the mechanics make even less sense if that happened, considering I'm town

lol at you calling this case "simple"

Julian, I'm not dying today. I'm not dying by lynch in this game at any point. I killed Zucker, and considering you seem to know a bit, you know that I never, ever do that to a partner, and scoff at people for doing so.

Reread Molly's posts, but know that you will die on this hill if you push me like this.
sorry, i'm not saying she's terrible at the game. my point is her experience level and her approach to playing and how she thinks things through and the conclusions she arrives at is vastly dissimilar to yours

and i don't think that's necessarily true about you never doing this to a partner. changing up your play between games so you never have a rock solid meta is something i learned from you
Old 03-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #2920
TWG Phil
FFR Player

there's a bunch more questions
why not cherry?
why not flurry?
why not tank?

you've picked me for ??????? reasons and you're definitely like
wrapping your case around reasons why you're right, rather than using those reasons to figure out whether or not you're correct

whoever said you didn't think of other scenarios (tank?) definitely hit the nail on the head
Closed Thread