Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Proud Indian 7-11 Owner
FFR Veteran

Default Test a stepfile!

Hey guys,

This is actually my first stepfile I have stepped myself, I would like you guys to test it and give feedback so I can make corrections before I submit it. thanks, and If someone can tell me on where to submit a file to put it on queue for the game. The file is VERY easy so please don't troll on me .

Download and play: Here
21992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Test a stepfile!

The bpm feels fine, but it feels like the offset is a bit early. Only just enough to notice it on full speed. There's a part near the beginning that's done in 8ths that don't sync up to anything in the song.

The song choice and patterns are great. There's nothing major that needs changing, just technical stuff like offset and maybe certain note values.
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Proud Indian 7-11 Owner
FFR Veteran

ok thanks Mike, I was actually suspecting the beginning, and I played with autosync and screwed up lol. Thanks for the feedback, anyone else?
21992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

ditto
Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Bear in mind these are completely my opinion and you should use your own discretion when making any of the changes I suggest. It's your chart, do what you see fit with it.

That being said:

Be aware that I am using DDReam to step, so any numbers such as 6.024 are a refrence to time and not the beats.

- Sync is off. Change offset to at minimum 0.024. (This makes it line up to the wave form properly. I'll post a screen shot of what I am talking about if you wish.)

- Add 2 secconds of silence to the song and then change the offset to 2.024 to keep your proper sync. (This is because FFR requires this, and you said in prochat you were considering subbing it to FFR.)

- Check your notes to make sure they are there in those intro jacks I don't quite hear them all.

- I recommend changing the pattern in the beginning to a trill. A jack makes sense because the pitches are similar due to the instrument. But what the drummer is most likelly doing is alternating his hands, so why not make the pattern do the same thing?

- You're also neglecting a few drum sounds for no reason. You should chart them.

- You have a pattern @6.024 (after offset fix) that goes to 16ths for no reason. Change it back to the 12ths as those were correct. If you think differently I urge to listen to the chart with the assist tick for the sake of listening to the pattern and comparing to what you think you're hearing. I did this and the 16ths sound nothing like the pattern I know is going on.

- Minijacks need to either always be there or not be there at all. They look really in consistant. Double check you got them all, or change them not to be minijacks. Either option really works, because what you're minijacking is the drums hits again which I would say works here because if not you might just assuming your neglecting them completely.

- Notes @ 18.024 and the following 12th don't exist.

- The grace notes are cool, but not really needed as there's nothing really to "grace" here. (The 64ths and 48ths.) I recommend just jumping or handing them at your discretion.

- Minijacks need to either always be there or changed so that none of them are. You can't do both as you're minijacking the drum which is alright, but you have to do it consistantly or it looks inconsistent again.

- That ending jack on the right hand is really rather nasty...

This chart looks like it will be really neat when you fix it to be more consistant and a little less errored. I like what you've done with it and look forward to seeing this in a future batch and possibly in game later.

Again, take these as suggestions and do what you want with them. Your chart, your ideas ect.

Good luck!
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

The ending jack on the right hand isn't anything you wouldn't find in a 30-40 file on FFR. I think if he fleshed out the drum parts more like you want him to, it would fit in just fine.

I know of at least one former-7 that had jacks like that, although not as long.
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote