Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
Samwais
Mysterious. . . .
FFR Veteran

Default Some of my attempts at creative writing.

So I've been on a course for creative writing for the past few months and the professor encouraged students to share their work, and what better way to share than on FFR \:3/

I'll include my first piece in it's full length (it's only about 1 page long). I think I'll provide downloads for the rest or something (those are 2-6 pages long).
As promised, my first piece >///<

The Return

I have finally reached again the place I left so long ago. I wish I could afford being so poetic about it though, seeing as I left the place under very tense circumstances. Since then my life has been spiraling downwards, in fact, one could say that I already hit the bottom. I have no home anymore, I have no dignity anymore, all I've had for the past couple of days has been a desire to come back here. And why would I want to do that when nothing makes a difference to me anymore? Well, while I was looking for ways to get money for my next meal, I met a man. I'm not sure why, but he said to me that I should "go and face my past". Maybe he thought that I had fled from home, maybe abandoned my wife or some such and that going back would solve something. Unfortunately though my parents have passed away long ago and I never had a wife. Heh.

Naïve as that man may have been in his thoughts, I couldn't shake the feeling of nostalgia that I got from thinking of places that I could go back to. In the end I decided to go back to where my downfall began. So here I am, after scraping together the money I needed for a bus ride, in this familiar place, small enough to not be a widely known location, but big enough to be called a town. The place where I used to work at is not in town however, more on the outskirts of it. It's a medium sized school and I worked there for several years until I got involved in alcohol and even some drugs. This of course lead to the staff hating me and I got into several fights with the headmaster and some of the other teachers. I tried telling them many times that I didn't mean to cause trouble or be a nuisance but no one listened to me. I had no hobbies and no wife, I had moved away from my relatives in chase of this job, so I drank because I was bored. Especially during the long vacations. While contemplating the past, my feet have dutifully kept going forward without me even noticing.
The futility of this trip is starting to dawn on me now. What was I even trying to achieve by coming here? Maybe I hoped to see the one person that tolerated me and understood my circumstances, a teacher named Meryl. I don't see why she would still be working here or if she would even recognize me anymore. And won't it seem kind of shady if there's a ragged man wandering around the school grounds? I wouldn't want to start any rumors or have to deal with the police. I should probably just go back to town and try to find some shelter for the night.
As I walk back to town the irony of what is going on right now hits me. I'm returning again, just in all the wrong ways. Or maybe this is the right way, I don't know. With this paradoxical revelation in mind I wander around town for a while, but in the end the bus station is probably the best place to spend the night. I am already feeling exhausted since I haven't had much to eat lately and the nights have gotten colder ever so slowly.
I wake up after an unknown amount of time. I don't want to wake up, even though it's very cold at this hour. After struggling to open my eyes a little bit I can see someone staring at me, with a worried look in their eyes. Only when the person speaks do I realize that the person is a woman, and her voice sounds somehow familiar. I try to answer her but I cannot make a sound. Every cell in my body is aching with the desire to fall asleep. I see her put something over me and hear her say something which I can't seem to be able to make out. Now I can sleep again. Return to sleep. In the place to which I returned. Heh.....

And the rest
Attached Files
File Type: txt dream.txt (11.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt The confession.txt (7.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt the flood.txt (7.4 KB, 0 views)
Samwais is offline   Reply With Quote