Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you stay in a relationship if your partner had zero interest in intimacy?
Yes 40 35.71%
No 72 64.29%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #101
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Relationship Poll

Given that every 1 of 3 people on FFR could be in a relationship without intimacy is a bit intimidating
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #102
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #103
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The problem with the poll question is how a relationship is defined. I would immediately have to assign only one definition for it to make sense which isn't exactly fair (e.g. a friendship is also a type of relationship). The assumption of "partner" is also implying that it is directly a sexual relationship, but that's also not fair to anyone that doesn't even care about sexual relationships to begin with.

I have no interest in sex. It also goes into the topic of disagreeing with monogamy. Every relationship I have involves some sort of mutual connection, but absolutely nothing sexual. So I'm putting yes.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #104
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

no there isn't an argument of connotative meaning of relationship if you had half a brain and looked further than delving into a premise of semantic misconstruction of 'relationship' jesus christ

honestly from my understanding and the understanding of anyone that actually read the OP it's quiet easy to interpret OP is looking for an excuse to get out of a relationship that he deems doesn't satisfy his needs, and just needed a second opinion

if you don't wanna touch anyone else because you're scared of physical interaction with any other member of society other than yourself, and identify with being 'asexual' because you've never had the opportunity to develop an intimate relationship with anyone other than your mother and your hand, then you honestly have no say into this but please don't stop posting because it's highly comical and it allows me to form an opinion about your hygiene or lack thereof

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #105
Litodude
FFR Player

fit or stink \m/

dude
out west?

Quote:
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

Old 04-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #106
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

lol ok lito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
honestly from my understanding and the understanding of anyone that actually read the OP it's quiet easy to interpret OP is looking for an excuse to get out of a relationship that he deems doesn't satisfy his needs, and just needed a second opinion
(they have a child)
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #107
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
Not an excuse to get out but probably advice on how to tackle the issue imo
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #108
Litodude
FFR Player

dude i've been on a binge reading all of the married people problems on /r/sex they all sound one and the same after awhile

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #109
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Let's try to clarify my position of yes without debating asexuality.

I am a heterosexual male who finds physical attraction in women. I have sexual thoughts and masturbate. I have been in an intimate* relationship with one female. I am scared of sexual intercourse because I am scared to impregnate a woman because I know I do not have the financial means to take care of a child. I look at relationships like friendship which blurs the division between the two. Intimacy and sex are not priorities of mine.
*Intimate being hugging and kissing and nothing further.

-o24
This is probably one of the better reasons why one would legitimately want to stray away from a sexual relationship. Sex isn't the be all end all, and we as a mental entity don't need it to survive. Physically, and racially, we do. Humanity couldn't survive if everyone suddenly decided that sex was unnecessary. But if one hundred thousand or so people decide that sex is stupid, props to them. We suddenly have one hundred thousand potential people for orphans to live with. One of humanities greatest problems of the future is the fact that too many people have children. We've overpopulated the world and completely crushed the rest of the animal kingdom.

On the argument that sex is disgusting, no. I'm sorry, but it's not. Opinions varying, it's an act that is performed by pretty much every single piece of life on the planet. Some sort of penis is stretched out, some sort of near or complete contact is made, and some goopy stuff holding the male half of the DNA is ejected out and captured by some sort of fleshy thing which takes it to the female DNA.

Relationships without intimacy, as I stated before, are good friendships. I have a number of those, and fancy that the sex of the opposite party doesn't matter in this case. There isn't anything wrong with being in a friendship with someone, and looking after an adopted child. When you're in your sexual prime, and the people who associate with are as well, it might seem strange that you aren't having sex. Simply because everyone has a sex drive with is telling them that abstinence is a terrible terrible thing (survival instincts thing.)

tl;dr
- andy has a good point, we have enough populated as it is. They can adopt children instead.
- Sex isn't disgusting, it is a natural act. If you think sex is disgusting, traumatic events or bad life experience has affected your ability to think clearly on the matter. (Whether active thought or subconscious.)

- The conflict between sexual urges of others, and your odd lack there of, are what spur the arguments present in this thread.

Cheers,

Edit:
I completely forgot about simple intimacy.
If you can't: kiss; touch; cop; grind.
You're friends.

Edit 2:
As another point, I have a friend who has no interest in relationships. Not specifically sex, but relationships. That's not asexual, that's disinterest. I am sure that if he found someone that he fell in love/like with he would become sexually active. Though I guess one can never know until it happens.

Last edited by Zageron; 04-17-2014 at 02:37 PM..
Zageron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #110
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

see this is why asexuals have an issue with being public about their asexuality
its almost impossible to get people to understand how asexuality works, because when you tell them "i have absolutely no interest in sex," they hear, "i'm afraid of sex" or some bullshit like that

fear has nothing to do with, inexperience has nothing to do with it, pleasure has nothing to do with it, there is zero interest is that seriously a mindboggling concept

of course it's nothing in comparison to what homosexuals/transsexuals/transgenders deal with but it's still annoying as fuck
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #111
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

uh in the OP, is 'intimacy' supposed to be synonymous with sexual acts? edit: as opposed to also including forms of intimacy not involving sexytimes, obv

If the answer is 'yes', then probably not.

If the answer is 'no', then definitely not.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #112
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
I've done some actual research on asexuality. Although some of it is legitimate, and while i absolutely don't have any issue about someone feeling they aren't very sex driven, i still think it's for the most part a cover up for other issues or even, in some cases, a full fledged personality disorder.

That's why i mostly have to agree to the above.
you're absolutely wrong about this
Old 04-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #113
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

it is harder for me to believe that there are people who dont like sour cream than people who dont like sex

like i mean, i love sex, but sour cream will probably kill me and i'm okay with that
Old 04-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #114
choof
Banned

sour cream is love
sour cream is life
Old 04-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #115
FoJaR
The Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
see this is why asexuals have an issue with being public about their asexuality
its almost impossible to get people to understand how asexuality works, because when you tell them "i have absolutely no interest in sex," they hear, "i'm afraid of sex" or some bullshit like that

fear has nothing to do with, inexperience has nothing to do with it, pleasure has nothing to do with it, there is zero interest is that seriously a mindboggling concept

of course it's nothing in comparison to what homosexuals/transsexuals/transgenders deal with but it's still annoying as fuck
and people just being gay is a mindboggling concept to some people, you being able to understand something isnt a prerequisite for its existence.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #116
FoJaR
The Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
sour cream is love
sour cream is life
seriously choof lets be private investigators together.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #117
choof
Banned

telling someone that you're (prefex here)-romantic just shatters everything they hold true

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
seriously choof lets be private investigators together.
i don't even have an law degree
Old 04-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #118
FoJaR
The Worst

me neither, good thing you dont need one to follow cheatings spouses around and take pictures snap snap
Old 04-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #119
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
I completely forgot about simple intimacy.
If you can't: kiss; touch; cop; grind.
You're friends.
What about friends that have sex?
Friends with benefits basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
As another point, I have a friend who has no interest in relationships. Not specifically sex, but relationships.
I'm not interested in relationships either. I don't mean altogether, but just at this stage in my life. Definite disinterest.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #120
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison- View Post
What about friends that have sex?
Friends with benefits basically.
Friends with benefits are complex. There are a few different types that I've seen.

1) Someone you wouldn't hang out with otherwise.
2) Friends with extreme sexual urges but no interest in relationship things like dating, dinners out, gifts, etc...
3) A relationship disguised as 'friends with benefits', which both parties figure out eventually.

These types of relationships need to be figured out from day one. If someone approaches you and tells you they want to have sex with you, then don't just say O.K. Ask them why, and what the stipulations are, before you go off to hump-fest.

Source: First hand experience.