Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default We Can't Keep This Up.

This way we're acting towards each other on this site. I'm not one of the people who normally speaks out about general topics like these, but it's going too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
I think after tonight, FFR needs to find a way to start off again on a clean slate. I mean, this is ridiculous. Krunky, you're half-right. This community will never go back to the way it was, unless we actually try and do something about it. From what I'm seeing, little to nothing is really being done overall on the regular user side of the community. The moderators and admins are working their asses off to help keep this site worth going to, but honestly, us users are just taking it for granted at this point.

We seriously need to start over. Not in scores, not in the forums, but as people overall. Everyone needs to get their shit together and start realizing that being a douche sucks and that we actually need to help each other out here.
I'd like to point out that the majority of the trolls/douchebags out here in FFR spend a huge amount of time here. If you think it's a good idea to make it crumble through your stupid acts, I can't wait to hear how you'll treat your life.

I'm getting tired of seeing Random Thought after Random Thought and New Thread after New Thread about how people can't take the way things are going anymore. NEWS FLASH: You're not helping by saying that. I'm making this thread right now to hopefully be the last this site needs to deal with. Let this be the thread where we start fresh. Let's just clean our hands, relax, and collectively bring our way of this mess. We can't just force this job on our staff alone. We need help from every last FFR member we have here. If you want FFR to stay alive and thriving, you had better start thinking and acting more positively.

Please. This site is a home to me. It plays a huge role in my life, and I've met and talked to a great deal of incredible people here. I don't want that to come to an end because of the whole communities stupidity. Please let this thread be used to discuss any and all fresh starts and ideas for how we can just try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22
Default Re: We Can't Keep This Up.

Dude, I've thought about making an entire thread about what you said in the OP, but I thought about it, and realized, it wouldn't make a difference. I'm sorry to say it man, this site is without leadership and is so far gone that even if synthlight were to return, all he'd have to do is take a step into the forums, browse around, and go wtf is this shit? And then he'd probably either leave or shut it down, because it would be the best logical choices.

Ever since the site died and came back up, it's been a dark nightmare for a lot of people. Unfortunately, it always seems to be the same damn people time and time again. But, no one gives a flying shit so who cares anymore.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

In all honesty, This used to be a place where i could escape from reality for a while, with all the shit bothering me in my outside world. But this has just become another big problem that I'm regretting i got myself into. There's so much truth in what you said, Kevin, but Frankie is kinda right in the fact that a lot of people simply don't care anymore.

It would be nice if things could just be nice and not have everyone bashing everyone everytime i open up a new page. It's the internet. Yea, people are going to say what they want and speak their minds but this has just gone way too far, especially after tonight's ordeal with Rubix. That was a perfect display of just how unnecessary all the bullshit on this site is. "It's just a game" people used to say, and that's correct. It's just a game. Yes we can all laugh and joke and be serious, but...

Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammyGoesRawr View Post
In all honesty, This used to be a place where i could escape from reality for a while, with all the shit bothering me in my outside world. But this has just become another big problem that I'm regretting i got myself into. There's so much truth in what you said, Kevin, but Frankie is kinda right in the fact that a lot of people simply don't care anymore.

It would be nice if things could just be nice and not have everyone bashing everyone everytime i open up a new page. It's the internet. Yea, people are going to say what they want and speak their minds but this has just gone way too far, especially after tonight's ordeal with Rubix. That was a perfect display of just how unnecessary all the bullshit on this site is. "It's just a game" people used to say, and that's correct. It's just a game. Yes we can all laugh and joke and be serious, but...
That's where I want this thread to come in. I am sick, and I am tired of the lack of effort and care the members put into this site. True, there will always be a few. But I think it's safe to say that there's more than just a handful of people that truly care about this game, it's just that the majority of them are too afraid/bashful to speak out about it. I was like that for quite a while myself, but I've had enough. This thread needs to put an end to the bullshit, and a new beginning.

Also thank you for actually using my name, little to no one here acknowledges me by Kevin, and I really appreciate that.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

Quote:
That's where I want this thread to come in. I am sick, and I am tired of the lack of effort and care the members put into this site. True, there will always be a few. But I think it's safe to say that there's more than just a handful of people that truly care about this game, it's just that the majority of them are too afraid/bashful to speak out about it. I was like that for quite a while myself, but I've had enough. This thread needs to put an end to the bullshit, and a new beginning.

Also thank you for actually using my name, little to no one here acknowledges me by Kevin, and I really appreciate that.
No problem (: And i mean, i've only been here for a little over half a year so this is all i've known this community to be, but it would be nice to see things change towards the better.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

I'd like to point out how little actual ideas have been posted about how to better the community. All it's really been has been complaints/statements about how the community is right now, and a few people just saying "everyone just stop being dicks" or "there's no hope, stop trying".

There's no way something effective will happen overnight. Trying to fix this through a huge overhaul all at once will not fix this community. We need to take things into our own hands and fix things step by step. This means no super big overhauls like "everyone needs to stop being a dickwad now", When I said post ideas, I meant small specific ideas, like events or other things like that (not necessarily competitive events), to slowly bring us back to a happier state of mind. Also try to come up with ways to get our site back out into the world to attract/reattract members.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Emithith
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammyGoesRawr View Post
In all honesty, This used to be a place where i could escape from reality for a while, with all the shit bothering me in my outside world.
Same kinda, and now it's just about gotten to be REALITY is what is my escape from FFR.

Seriously guys, pull your pants up, we need to be kinder to everyone instead of raping them in the mouth everyday with stupid attacks and jokes against each other. ESPECIALLY outside the site.

Honestly I didn't think a thread like this would be made, and even more honestly if things don't shape up soon I thought I was gonna quit (might anyway, this place is a drain on time that I'm starting to need..)

2cents on this issue.
edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I think the garbage bin should be removed. It promotes shit posting that spreads to the rest of the site. If people that only posted crap left the site than that seems like a positive thing to me.
I completely agree. I don't even understand how a section of this site can be used to trash eachother. It's so negative in there. Instead of it just being a really loose chit chat, it's just become circlejerk central.

Last edited by Emithith; 03-24-2012 at 09:29 AM..
Old 03-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #8
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

On a daily basis, FFR looks and feels like something off of the YouTube comment list. Two or more people that may or may not have a valid point on something (usually to the point where extreme melodrama and show of emotion becomes present), argue to the point of irritating the rest of the community trying to enjoy it for what it is. We're supposed to be like a large family. We play the same game, we laugh, we live and we socialize. There is no need to make things like what has happened today so prominent within the community. People are so bent on going through an arduous process just to prove the other person wrong. It's destroying the thin fabric of FFR already.

This is just speaking in light of all this new suspicious scores drama and bitter attitudes; especially in the last few months. While the community has changed in the span of a few years, the changes have increased tenfold on the site. Seriously guys. Let's try and get back to the old FFR we had long ago.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

The OP says everything basically. It's why i'm not around too much anymore.

and I really don't even have much to say anymore. no drawn out posts or anything. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Thread of the year.

Come on everyone, we all know this makes all the sense of the world. Let's all do this.

It's been said that no one cares about it all, but let's not ignore the issue. We're all concerned, and we all can do something about it by moving on and starting fresh.

Ill post ideas as I come back home tomorrow.

Great initiative Kevin, I was about to do it myself too. I guess this exact thread was truly needed at this point.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #11
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...=123137&page=2
Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #12
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix

Over the past 5 years I've been around the community I can say it has changed dramatically

Besides the skill levels/file making ways of Stepmania and the path FFR the game itself has taken, I've noticed more people are douchebags to each other. Not even that, the entire site itself and it's friendly atmosphere is slowly disappearing. People get flamed more often than actually complimented; shit, even being GOOD at this game is a bad thing to most users.

Clean your act up, FFR
Old 03-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #13
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Now, while I do believe this is all well and good here, venting out what we think here, we can't just leave it at that.

The main purpose of me finally creating this thread is to get that fresh start really going, to get ideas flourishing, to get people to stop complaining, and just have a happy time here.

So by all means, vent what you need here, but see if you can come up with things that could quite honestly help bring FFR back where it needs to be.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
OnixRose
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hey OP, I agree with you, but nice quote in your sig...

1000% supporter of FFR character additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #15
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixRose View Post
Humor and being mean are two distinct things, didnt dossar use to have been the "vibrating ***got" in his debuts? Its like calling the 8hourwhore a whore, dont think its too bad... However if it was angrily said, Then Yeah, that kind of stuff should go away.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:05 AM   #16
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
heh yea that was taken from a garbage bin thread, where nothing should be taken seriously rofl. And honestly, it brought more laughs than it did arguments.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #17
OnixRose
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
heh yea that was taken from a garbage bin thread, where nothing should be taken seriously rofl. And honestly, it brought more laughs than it did arguments.
I understand the humor; I lurked tgb when I used to actually visit the site, and I know most of the well known players. But, even if your message is going in the right place, that quote that you're brandishing has a message contradictory to what your thread is about. Thing is not everyone who reads the quote will get the humor (I'm sure anyone who actually posts will get it, but there are people who are new, etc)

Tbh, I found the forums to be in poor condition far before I really stopped coming on (although I'm here now, I got on to check a pm...). I really enjoyed some of the sub communities that sprang up awhile ago, but, with the random death to the sites and migrations, I gave up on trying to figure out where everyone was at. Also, no offense but, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this thread was just trolling. Not that I'm against trolling either really, it's hilarious sometimes, but it has it's place.

1000% supporter of FFR character additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #18
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
I understand the humor; I lurked tgb when I used to actually visit the site, and I know most of the well known players. But, even if your message is going in the right place, that quote that you're brandishing has a message contradictory to what your thread is about. Thing is not everyone who reads the quote will get the humor (I'm sure anyone who actually posts will get it, but there are people who are new, etc)

Tbh, I found the forums to be in poor condition far before I really stopped coming on (although I'm here now, I got on to check a pm...). I really enjoyed some of the sub communities that sprang up awhile ago, but, with the random death to the sites and migrations, I gave up on trying to figure out where everyone was at. Also, no offense but, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this thread was just trolling. Not that I'm against trolling either really, it's hilarious sometimes, but it has it's place.
a) if it helps I will take the quote out.

b) this is anything but a troll thread. I'm taking this as seriously as I can.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #19
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

ffr is fine. look at jerry. go play the game. it's fun
Old 03-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #20
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

If you all truly want the site to be fixed. We would have to remove the Garbage Bin, and put heavy emphasis on new moderation rules. Punishments would not be light either. I've been told that TGB will never be shut down because most of the site would leave. But do we really want the people who only post in TGB to be here? (I'm not saying that it hasn't spilling out, because it is... everywhere.)
This is not a reflection of all of the staff's feelings, only my own.

Last edited by Zageron; 03-24-2012 at 01:25 AM..
Closed Thread