Stop trying to pvp as elemental.
Old 10-4-2009, 02:30 AM   #2062
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

I hate healing and I hate melee.

That kinda leaves me with no other option.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-4-2009, 02:50 AM   #2063
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Just got my Silver Covenant Hippogryph. Took me long enough. Half way to exalted with Gnomes and Night Elves, then I get my Crusader title.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-4-2009, 07:56 AM   #2064
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I was already an ambassador when the tourney was implemented. Getting crusader was quick and easy. Also, getting 5 achievements in one click is really really fun.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-4-2009, 10:47 AM   #2065
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Only had it happen twice so far. One was Crusader, and the other was Champion of the Frozen Wastes (Oculus, Heroic Oculus, Northrend Dungeonmaster, Northrend Dungeon Hero, Champion of the Frozen Wastes).

Gonna get 3 at once tonight: Experienced Drake Rider, Amber Void, and Glory of the Hero.

Also, I finished Loremaster of Kalimdor the other day. When I get around to finishing, I have 70 Eastern Kingdoms quests left with about 5 zones left to complete. Then I have Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm, then that's it.
Old 10-4-2009, 03:34 PM   #2066
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

I mostly just can't be bothered to spend the time doing back-questing for loremaster anymore. If they'd split up the EK/Kal quests by zone, even if I got no points, but could at least see where to go, I'd have it done already.

Though I do already have Loremaster of Northrend, Outland, and about 2800/3000 for seeker.
Old 10-4-2009, 07:31 PM   #2067
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

It's pissing me off, I've cleared all 10 man raids except Ulduar, and not even hardmodes. We can never get past Vezax, and I'll probably just drop 10k and get a top guild to run me through all hardmodes and algalon just so I can see the whole place
Old 10-4-2009, 10:31 PM   #2068
hi19hi19
lol happy

lol Squeek I dunno whats wrong with you... Because it was a premade, I was in full 245 gear and full spellpower gemming, but my target was also in 245. Maybe you are using a lower rank or something? rofl I was wrecking so much with an ele sham in BGs

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-4-2009, 10:41 PM   #2069
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh, I'm talking Arena. Battlegrounds are a joke, and yeah, 20k with supergear is easily done there. Battlegrounds are full of idiots and there's way too much going on to care about dispelling or interrupting. I do 15k crits in battlegrounds all the time. In AV turtles, I basically operate as a Lava Burst / Chain Lightning turret. I easily got Wrecking Ball just spamming Lava every time it was up. Actually, that's all I ever do, really. It's such an easy nuke.

It's so much more fun in Wintergrasp when you have Tenacity. Nobody can survive it.

I'm talking Arenas or 1v1 encounters against good players. That's when it's hard to be a Shaman.

@Snowc: How can you fail Vezax? What's causing your raid to fail? It's among the easiest fights in there. Way easier than Mimiron, that's for damn sure. Melee stand in melee range the entire time with dedicated interrupters. Range stay at max range the entire time. Run away from Shadow Crashes as they come out (max range is key here, since they have a flight time). Stand in them to DPS from range. Move away from others if you're Marked and move away from the Marked target if you're not. Break crystals if healers/dps need mana. The end.

I guess you COULD fail if you didn't have enough people in range, or they weren't far enough back. The only people taking damage should be the tank and the first tick of Mark of the Faceless as you run away. If you have people getting hit by Shadow Crash, then I don't know how you got past Mimiron.

Here, I wrote up a guide on WoW.com's pathetic "Ready Check" article for Vezax: http://www.wow.com/2009/08/18/ready-...ents/20975239/

Last edited by Squeek; 10-4-2009 at 10:48 PM..
Old 10-5-2009, 10:05 AM   #2070
hi19hi19
lol happy

Our problem with Vezax was idiot keyboard turners who let Mark tick 3-4 times before they turned 180 and started running. We told them to mouse turn like a pro, and then put a disc priest back there to bubble the first tick or two instead of having it heal Vezax. On 25man, it went from Vezax taking like 3million healing from mark (ouch) down to a more managable half million and we got it 2 tries after that.

As for Arenas, I don't Arena heavily (I have 1500 rating then I got bored of it/started to lose a ****ton and it felt grindy) so I can't speak there. As for BGs tho, ele shammy = unstoppable turret of doom.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 10-5-2009 at 10:08 AM..
Old 10-6-2009, 02:49 AM   #2071
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I have been reading some of the more recent Spiritual Guidances on WoW.com and I have come to the conclusion that the guy has nothing to write about. He mentioned something about Blizzard being happy with where Priests are in WotLK. Besides a couple of nerfs, there have not been any major changes for priests in the last couple of patches, so he can't be far from the truth. However, this means he has a lack of worthy things to complain about. The most recent complaints he has made were, well... pathetic. Rather than writing about priest changes that should be made which have little warrant, he should be talking about how to heal for certain boss fights in raids. I am sure this would prove more helpful than a futile attempt to get Blizzard to make sure that Prayer of Mending bounces before the Power Word: Shield on a target disappears.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-6-2009, 03:20 AM   #2072
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My guess is that it's better than the Shaman one, where the author actually has no idea how one of the three specs works. At all. GUESS WHICH ONE.

He's leveling an Elemental through Northrend now, just to see how it works. It's an orc alt while his main is an Enhance/Resto Draenei. I respect him for that much, I guess.

I stopped reading WoW.com for news once I found out about mmo-champion, though. It's usually 5-10 hours after they release news that WoW.com posts it.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-6-2009 at 03:26 AM..
Old 10-6-2009, 03:42 AM   #2073
hi19hi19
lol happy

I read wow.com because of the mage and warlock columnists. After (finally) getting a warlock columnist that is as good if not better than the mage one, it's incredibly entertaining to read their articles and the little jabs they make at the other class.

I don't even play a mage or a lock, it's just a fun read.

Old 10-6-2009, 04:52 PM   #2074
tsugomaru
FFR Player

I'd have to have a shaman and be proficient with the class to make the judgment of which article is worse. I've read the shaman ones, but because I don't actually play the class, I don't know if his information is bad.

~Tsugomaru
Old 10-8-2009, 01:25 PM   #2075
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Hmm. I finally managed to quit, but seeing T10 druid makes me want to play again. =(

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:25 AM   #2076
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Nobody else is posting, so...

Here's our progress on Glory of the Ulduar Raider!

Orbit-uary
Iron Dwarf, Medium Rare
Stokin' the Furnace
Heartbreaker
I Choose You, Steelbreaker
Disarmed
Crazy Cat Lady
I Could Say That This Cache Was Rare
Lose Your Illusion
Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood

Firefighter
I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning
One Light in the Darkness

We did Freya and Assembly of Iron today. Freya took about 4-5 tries, but was ultimately easy. It was just a matter of timing and positioning. We two-healed it and got all three achievements from it, since we'd never even left one tree up before. We one-shot Steelbreaker. Really easy. Other than the tanks, nobody even died. And of course, the tanks have to die, so yeah.

We put a lot of tries into Mimiron and got him to phase 4 about 5 times, but the absolutely terrible RNG factors involved in phase 4 made us lose more than once. I think we're going to try again tomorrow (that is to say, today). If it fails, we're going to wait for a third healer to log in and try with three healers. I think I've worked out a strategy to make phase 4 a success regardless of RNG (though, Frost Bombs right in the center of the room kinda mess that up).

Vezax will be easy, and then it's all a matter of doing Yogg with only Thorim up. That should be fun...
Old 10-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #2077
hi19hi19
lol happy

I healed heroic 10toc today. It was a different feeling, not being bored and sniping heals with holy shock, but instead hardcore holy light spamming on the tanks and begging for innervates because I had to stretch my mana as much as I could.
Hardcore content, mmm. It was fun.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #2078
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

It's been so long since I've ever OOM'd on a fight that I didn't even know that they changed innervate to regen mana based on the mana pool of the casting druid, so that you actually -can- benefit from it as a paladin.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #2079
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Did Firefighter and Smell of Saronite.

Yogg+1, here we come.

Edit: forgot to mention. There was this progression of achievements right before we raided:

Sqek has earned the achievement "Into the Nether"!
Sqek has earned the achievement "Loremaster of Outland"!
Sqek has earned the achievement "The Loremaster"!
Sqek has earned the achievement "3000 quests completed"!

Sporting "Loremaster Sqek" instead of "Sqek the Seeker" because the former looks much cooler and the latter has redundant letters. I still want Salty Sqek though.

And surprisingly, without even trying to set it up, my 3000th quest was the one that got me Loremaster. That was all from one quest turn-in.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-13-2009 at 03:50 AM..
Old 10-13-2009, 04:52 AM   #2080
tsugomaru
FFR Player

I wrote up a long story about how we approached Mimiron as a guild, but I realized it was something only I would be interested in reading. Besides, my writing isn't good at all and would have been difficult to follow along.

All I have to say is that Mimiron hard mode is the best designed fight in the game I have done. The next being Yogg. I haven't had as much fun working on completing this hard mode than our Yogg attempts many months ago. Although we spent many more times wiping here than we did on our ToC 25 Faction Champions pre-nerf, it was a fun experience because it really did feel like we were progressing with each attempt.

Aside from that, we tried two healing it. We were told from the start by several people who had already completed it that they did it with 3 and didn't think it was possible with 2, but we managed. I think we could have done it as well because there was an attempt where we got everything down to pretty much 0 before he did his repair thing. Although everyone had the skills down to finish the fight, a small mistake here and there would result in a death, which lead to a wipe. We ended up picking up a 3rd healer, but when we did, we had it down in the next couple attempts because there was a little more room of error.

~Tsugomaru