Old 06-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
dragon890x
☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
FFR Veteran

Default The Warrior Diet

I'm currently reading a book on the Warrior Diet. I'm not very experienced nor knowledgeable on the subject, but I have tried it before. I thought it'd be interesting to get FFR's opinion about it.

The Warrior Diet basically boils down to phases of undereating and overeating.

There's way more to it, but those phases are the basic idea.

Let me share my past experience with it:

When I started the Warrior Diet, adjusting to the changes was extremely hard. I was often feeling somewhat sick, and very irritable. At the time, I was doing cardio every other day, body weight training 5 days of the week, and taking Kuk Sool Won martial arts. After a short period of time, my energy burst through the roof and I started getting crazy results.

I was feeling physically better by a large margin. I even had a skill boost on FFR. However, I noticed that my ability to think clearly was slowly decreasing. It wasn't anything too bad, mostly annoying. I also noticed that during intense days of Kuk Sool Won training, I would begin dropping in strength. It was as if my body couldn't keep up.

The way it happened was pretty weird. I'd be completely fine one moment, then the next my skin would turn slightly red and I'd be shaking slightly, undergoing heavier breathing. Over a period of time, I felt my overall strength dropping.

After changing my eating habits to what it was before, I started gaining results again.

Now, maybe I was doing something wrong. Maybe the Warrior Diet is pure garbage.

FFR, what are your thoughts on the Warrior Diet?
Have you tried it before?
Did it give or take away results?

Share your thoughts! :D

[ Link ]
dragon890x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: The Warrior Diet

I haven't read the book and don't know a lot about it tbh other than that it sounds like intermittent fasting with a stranger schedule.

I think the idea of 'removing toxins from the body' and things like that are worthless ideas. 'Toxins' is a word that pretty much tips you off to the fact that something is a scam.

With that said, fasting and then overeating isn't a new idea and it can be quite effective. I don't see it having significant long term benefits over any other diet though. For the most part, it is often just a convenient way to eat and or makes it easier for people to eat at a deficit when cutting weight.

As such, my general rule of thumb when it comes to diets is - do what you enjoy enough to be consistent with and that makes you feel good. If it doesn't, there's probably a better diet out there, since there's nothing 'special' about any particular diet or way of eating IMO

(Though 'Keto' might be an exception to this, but most people don't eat what is truly a ketogenic diet and for good reason, but that's best left for another thread).