Old 03-14-2016, 12:18 AM   #41
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: everyone hates me

what did you expect to result from this thread?
Old 03-14-2016, 02:49 AM   #42
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

I don't hate you yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:00 AM   #43
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
Again much like what other people say, and again just as full of deflection and self-defense as the rest of the negative people. You are assuming that because I have issues that your issues aren't important, that this then makes you a lesser person if you acknowledge that I have struggles. Just because you have issues you should not try to help someone with theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
What? I don't see where you're getting responses like this from.
I've read that post about 5-10 times and I really do not understand the logic behind this as well. What I am assuming is that your mental issues are severe to the point where you need to seek medical attention from a professional instead of coming to FFR for it.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:08 AM   #44
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Why does it happen that when one's at their worst, everyone leaves?
The universe might be telling you that you need to change. Or not, whatever. Also you're confusing "hate" with "no longer cares about"
Old 03-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #45
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
what did you expect to result from this thread?
Something to entertain me.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #46
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
The universe might be telling you that you need to change. Or not, whatever. Also you're confusing "hate" with "no longer cares about"
I'm sadly not. If it were the latter I would be much more able to cope with things because I generally don't give a damn about people who don't give a damn about me.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #47
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Starting to sound a bit like the boy who cried wolf.

You need professional help, Cavernio. An internet dance game forum won't help you with your issues. If anything, judging by a handful of posts already made in this thread, including this one, it may not be in your best interest to continue seeking support on these forums since there is a noticeable backlash.

I usually don't post in these threads because I'm not a licensed psychologist, and I generally don't much care about peoples' mental health in this context. I am here to play arrow dance games and talk about said arrow dance game on these forums, not to be someone's life coach.

If you have a closer circle of friends on here who are willing to help support you, I would suggest confiding in them instead of making a public display on these forums like you are doing now. The negative feedback may be discouraging and put you in a place that's worse than where you are now...

That's honestly all I'm saying on the topic and any similar topic in the future, unless such illness affects one of my close friends on this website.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #48
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

an internet dance game forum won't help, but it'll open up discussion of other people's problems and hopefully shed a more personal light on things

I mean, shit, I can totally speak from experience. I can't diagnose shit, but I can tell you that I felt totally helpless for approximately 4 years and it wasn't until I checked myself into a psychiatric hospital that I got actual help. when I was at my lowest, it was like I was mentally incapable of thinking about a month later; I had always thought I'd be dead by then.

cav, please check yourself into a psych hospital or ward or whatever the hell is nearby. and don't hold anything back when you talk to someone. just pour out and you will get the help you need.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #49
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i can almost guarantee people don't hate you as much as they hate chris. everybody hates chris.

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
Old 03-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #50
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

access to help isn't abundant, but at least it's free for you if you can get a referral from your family doc
Old 03-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #51
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If you're hungry, you will unconsciously try to get food. If you don't feel right with yourself, you should seek professional help.
It's not about admitting if you're right or wrong, it's about clarifying what you feel and get the help if needed to move on.

Yes, you can talk with others to ease up your mind.
Yes, you can let it go and accept it to reduce stress/anxiety.
Yes, you can inform yourself online in very specific details about how it works.

..but in the end, just like with food, you're still going to be hungry (for help) and you won't really be satisfied until you do something about it.

btw, this apply to pretty much every mental health issue no matter how small/serious.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #52
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Something to entertain me.
okay, so you're not being sincere, and don't actually expect anything fruitful to result from this thread?
Old 03-15-2016, 12:10 AM   #53
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

epic troll xD
Old 03-15-2016, 12:29 AM   #54
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
okay, so you're not being sincere, and don't actually expect anything fruitful to result from this thread?
exactly why i didn't take the thread seriously in my response. thank you owl.

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
Old 03-15-2016, 01:35 AM   #55
moches
FFR Player

this is my first time back on FFR in a long time, and i don't think i know Cavernio well enough to speak to this thread, but i will speak to my own experience with mental health on these forums:

i joined FFR when i was ten years old, in a family/school context where this was (believe it or not) one of the healthier networks i was a part of. i am aware that nobody here (i think?) is certified to give professional psychiatric help; that said, i do think there is something to be said for an online community in which people feel they can be openly vulnerable, knowing that people will listen and be supportive. i know that i have had some very positive experiences here - like coming out for the first time to people here in my senior year of high school and receiving a lot of support and wisdom from even members i hadn't talked to before - and i don't know that i would have made as successful a transition out of my adolescence had i not had this community at a time in my life where i was in need of friends and people who liked me.

so, not to call out anybody in this thread, just to remind people that there is a lot of good that can be done here, even if it is just a rhythm gaming website.

Cavernio, i'm sorry that things have been difficult in your personal life; your situation sounds rly hard. definitely echo what a few people in this thread have already said w/r/t getting help from somebody who is trained and qualified to help with these issues. and i do hope that things get better soon.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:49 AM   #56
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Moches is literally the nicest guy ever
Old 03-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #57
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Guys I got in some legal trouble and I need a lawyer. Are one of you up for the job?

vs.

Guys I'm mentally unstable and I need some psychiatric help. Are one of you up for the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches
There is a lot of good that can be done here, even if it is just a rhythm gaming website.
Sure, but I compare it to fishing for salmon in a lake. OK, you might catch some if you find the right lake, but you will do much better in a river. Not only will you find more salmon in a river, but they will likely be larger as well.

This community is a lake, and there is a whole river of licensed psychiatrists out there for you to fish in.

choof gave good advice, as someone who has gone through some shit himself. I suggest you follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof
cav, please check yourself into a psych hospital or ward or whatever the hell is nearby. and don't hold anything back when you talk to someone. just pour out and you will get the help you need.
qfe

EDIT: Sorry if I sound like a total dick in this thread, but ¯\_(ッ)_/¯

Last edited by rushyrulz; 03-15-2016 at 09:34 AM..
Old 03-15-2016, 10:10 AM   #58
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Cavernio, i'm sorry that things have been difficult in your personal life; your situation sounds rly hard. definitely echo what a few people in this thread have already said w/r/t getting help from somebody who is trained and qualified to help with these issues. and i do hope that things get better soon.
i hate to downplay your past struggle but i think her issues are a bit more serious

you are too nice lol
Old 03-15-2016, 11:42 AM   #59
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

As someone who has helped my childhood friend through tough times and followed his progress (mental issues from the military/cry for help suicide attempts/painful knee issues) I can say that any family members or real friends will help quite a bit, but the real help comes from professional help. My friend knew this and during his 2nd attempt he walked up to me and told me he tried to kill himself (while in my house) and said he is going to the hospital and seek real help and I agreed.

years later he is now very happy and is now in China as a teacher.

The sad truth is if you continue to live the way you do nothing will come of it and may lead to extremes. Anything is possible.... do something about it.

it takes a lot of work but you have to be willing to do it
Old 03-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #60
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
access to help isn't abundant, but at least it's free for you if you can get a referral from your family doc
I don't know what the law is in canadia but in murica, it is illegal for a psych ward to turn you away if you admit suicidal/homicidal ideations, regardless if you can pay or not

the only thing that's holding you back, cav, is the bullshit romanticization of your mental issues
Closed Thread