Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 03:30 AM   #2281
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

I'm going to be real here, I'm just awful at this game; I don't know why I torture myself to play it. I feel like it's an all too common occurrence where some irl stuff happens, I fall a bit behind, people become suspicious that I'm a wolf, and then I just get overwhelmed with trying to simultaneously figure out the game and convince others I'm not wolf. I don't have much self-confidence and I know people will scrutinize my words more carefully so this just exacerbates this issue making things worse as time goes on.

Anyways, I'm awake late in the night with a cup of coffee trying to get past this hole I've dug myself into and to see what I can do. I did reread last day phase; I'm not caught up in this one (I only skimmed a bit). I know it's not much (I feel like I owe town a megapost every time I post and it's been awhile), but here's a few thoughts I had:

-I've been pushing for Chief and Julian for quite awhile. I started to consider the possibility of them being a w/w team somehow. In the process of thinking about this, I saw Julian's reads from the previous phase and I really didn't like the read they did on Chief (I can elaborate if need be). In the case they are wolf partners, I thought this was an attempt to make Chief look more favorable. However, in the recent posts, the fact that Julian is bringing attention to the fact that he has Chief higher than null on his reads makes me think that otherwise so I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

-I started entertaining the idea of a Eugene wolf and the reads from flurry and del regarding eugene did somewhat resonate with me. I will definitely say, Eugene is definitely putting in solid effort into the game. However I feel like most games tend to have at least 1 active high-postcount wolf that tends to be near-univerally townread early game so I try not to forget that such wolves can exist. In particular, the posting style seems very towny at first glance: post after post and many interactions. A wolf that's confident in their ability to interact with others can rack up a high post count and have a large "presence" in the thread, so easy townie points. However, as Del brings up, "Eugene is relying a lot off of quoting and then just reacting to a quote, instead of giving raw, genuine thoughts on people/situations". Although one could explain things away by appealing to posting styles, I think that Del might be on to something.

Although this sounds OMGUS-y, I found it incredibly opportunistic that you hopped on Boomer's read on my "AMA" post, especially after you "missed" it the first time you posted. Also, when I asked if anything significant happened since the aqui claim, you said "you're on nearly everyone's watch list and everyone wants you dead". However, if it is the case that lots of people wanted me dead, when I eventually went back to read what I missed, your response was hardly indicative of what was going on in the thread. My guess is that you were trying to evoke some type of response out of me, idk.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:31 AM   #2282
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Fuck it that's irrelevant. Molly said they would be around "later" but still hasn't appeared at all and I'm at the end of my patience with this shit.

You park a vote and tell us you're going to be around and as of 4:30am EST You're NOWHERE to be seen.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:31 AM   #2283
TWG Molly
FFR Player

I feel like whenever I'm online, either nobody is online or everybody is online
Old 03-14-2020, 03:32 AM   #2284
TWG Molly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Molly View Post
I feel like whenever I'm online, either nobody is online or everybody is online
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Fuck it that's irrelevant. Molly said they would be around "later" but still hasn't appeared at all and I'm at the end of my patience with this shit.

You park a vote and tell us you're going to be around and as of 4:30am EST You're NOWHERE to be seen.
Seems like I spoke too soon s:
Old 03-14-2020, 03:36 AM   #2285
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Still waiting on Tank's stunning revelation
I thought there was an identity wolf in the game until shortly after Del died
The missing kills are what made me realize
I can't make this shit up, I want to kms
I'm p sure I misread the signups thread and kept just...assuming it bc confirmation bias is a helluva drug
but it...obviously really affected how I was posting and thinking about the game
and I'm trying to figure out how to come back from it but uhhhh it's complicated
I wish this was a joke
Old 03-14-2020, 03:42 AM   #2286
TWG Molly
FFR Player

What's an "identity wolf"?
Old 03-14-2020, 03:46 AM   #2287
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
What's an "identity wolf"?
[spoiler]if they can guess your username they kill you[/spoiler
Old 03-14-2020, 03:48 AM   #2288
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

So you think I'm relying on quoting shit Molly? I'm sorry but you're getting the full brunt of my wrath here

Did you stop to consider for a second that people play TWG differently? Apparently you didn't, and you refused to acknowledge
my reasons as to why I've voted you. You're trying to fucking skirt out of the coffin you built yourself into.

You MUST have missed the fact that I've actually played under 10 games in total (I addressed this VERY quickly with Maple's read on me on their concern that I'm a veteran wolf) while accusing me of wolfing. You missed the fact that I've been producing content. You missed the fact that I'm actually playing to solve this game and not caring about town points here.

Being town read is nice and all but I don't jack myself off over it, and if that's the basis of your read against me (universally being town read but you think I'm a wolf) then you can fuck off and die in a fire for all I care.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:49 AM   #2289
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
I thought there was an identity wolf in the game until shortly after Del died
The missing kills are what made me realize
I can't make this shit up, I want to kms
I'm p sure I misread the signups thread and kept just...assuming it bc confirmation bias is a helluva drug
but it...obviously really affected how I was posting and thinking about the game
and I'm trying to figure out how to come back from it but uhhhh it's complicated
I wish this was a joke
Tank... please.... buddy
Old 03-14-2020, 03:51 AM   #2290
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

PLEASE TELL THE WORLD WHERE I'M A WOLF MOLLY. I WILL CLASH WITH YOU ALL PHASE LONG ON THIS
Old 03-14-2020, 03:55 AM   #2291
TWG Molly
FFR Player

I'm going to take a nap, I hope you get some rest as well.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:58 AM   #2292
TWG Tank
FFR Player

spoilers!

sorry youre stressed ducky.
I don't find Eugene wolfy
being reactive could probably be a useful thing to look for in certain situations
it's uhh, pretty standard to be reacting a lot when you're a substitute
Old 03-14-2020, 04:01 AM   #2293
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

If that's any consolation Molly, I find your #2281 post the best one in all of your posts for tone.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:04 AM   #2294
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
I saw Julian's reads from the previous phase and I really didn't like the read they did on Chief (I can elaborate if need be).

Hey Molly, if you’re still around, I’d love an elaboration on this.

It’s interesting watching Eugene react to this, I feel like I’m seeing a different side of them. I’m fairly sure that was the longest post I’ve seen them do other than their reads list.

Devils advocate here Eugene but you asked Molly for content and now they’ve provided some. Why should anyone believe you’ve played less than 10 games?? Anyone can say anything in anon games, you guys don’t have your metas to hide behind anymore.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:07 AM   #2295
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Rather than asking you to magically solve the game, convince everyone of something and try to do the unlikely; I think you should pause and reflect on your early game and try to figure out what went wrong and why.

Please go over my longer post with quotes to understand my concerns and try to help me see what caused you to feel that way.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:10 AM   #2296
TWG Tank
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
If that's any consolation Molly, I find your #2281 post the best one in all of your posts for tone.
the tone is good but in ways that are kinda applicable as either alignment is the thing
you can be a wolf and be stressed by those circumstances
eugene kicking her while shes down is uhh. unnecessary. not wolfy from him tho imo
Old 03-14-2020, 04:11 AM   #2297
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Hey Molly, if you’re still around, I’d love an elaboration on this.

It’s interesting watching Eugene react to this, I feel like I’m seeing a different side of them. I’m fairly sure that was the longest post I’ve seen them do other than their reads list.

Devils advocate here Eugene but you asked Molly for content and now they’ve provided some. Why should anyone believe you’ve played less than 10 games?? Anyone can say anything in anon games, you guys don’t have your metas to hide behind anymore.
Honestly, his posting style betrayed him. I'm pretty sure he's not lying about that.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:12 AM   #2298
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
the tone is good but in ways that are kinda applicable as either alignment is the thing
you can be a wolf and be stressed by those circumstances
eugene kicking her while shes down is uhh. unnecessary. not wolfy from him tho imo
I'm just trying to not be a meanie.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:14 AM   #2299
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
You shouldn't be worried about how you post if you're town.

I don’t agree with this.

Especially in an anon game, how you post is EVERYTHING

There were 20 different personality’s at the beginning of this game and I guarantee every single one of you guys has gut read someone at some point based on the way they post
Old 03-14-2020, 04:15 AM   #2300
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm going to take a nap, I hope you get some rest as well.
Are you fucking serious right now? I am calling you out for answers and you just dismiss it on a whim like this? If I could vote you twice I would. If I were a day vigilante I'd fucking shoot you immediately based on your disgusting response. I called you out AND gave reasons as well as to reasons WHY I voted you, and your answer to this is to take a fucking nap?

Look, I get it, the entire planet is aware of an ongoing pandemic that is actually affecting humanity right now. But for you to not address me when I'm calling you out on your bullshit is disgusting
Closed Thread