TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Heres some stuff

Town

- Boomer (very vigi)
- Eugene (I’ve already stated my case on Eugene earlier. Reads, reactions and emotions are very authentic and I think the arguably dumb observations they sometimes make are the result of over enthusiasm, typing before thinking. They play with no filter and I think that’s a very towny thing to do. I don’t think we should ever touch Eugene.)
- Cherry (Cherry is asking very good questions and noticing a lot of things that people are missing. They also don’t seem to be pocketing anyone which I really like. In particular, I like that they questioned Dora about the soft clear they did for everyone who was on the Zucker wagon before Del claimed. I’m still upset Dora never responded because I’m still struggling to read people like tank and flurry. I would be pretty surprised if Cherry was scum.)

Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Julian (I still maintain that his play, especially at d0, has been especially towny. He opened up the conversation on a lot of people and quite frankly a lot of the interaction that’s been had would not have happened if it wasn’t for his play. It was aggressive but it worked, and I think town is better for it. Could a wolf have done it? Sure, I just don’t feel like his play came from a scum position. Only note I have was his weak read on me and tank. I still don’t understand why you have tank locked as a scum and based on your description of me, I really should have been in null, not locked town. Overall, I’m still leaning town on Julian though.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
- Agent S (Agent S was always going to be a null for me cause nothing has stood out from him at all to me. I had to do a full ISO to write this. Everything seems super towny from what I’ve read but I don’t like how under the radar he seems to be flying)

Wolf Lean

- Rolf (This is the gut read of my scum leans. Their questions don’t seem to go anywhere, and he seems disconnected from the actions of the thread whenever he comments. He just seems to be using a lot of words to not actually say much. Under the radar is what I’m sensing)
- Apollo (I was scum reading apollo early for similar reasons as Maple, his gameplay was pretty useless in helping town in any way. After Maple called him out on this, he has shifted into being a lot more active in questioning and commenting on the game, which I really like. I’m just curious whether this shift was due to him getting more involved to avoid suspicion, or if he just waited until he had observed more of the game before digging in.)
- Chrissy (Chrissys play has been extremely wishy washy and they haven’t pushed the game in any sort of direction. I get that they entered the game late and they’ve been playing catchup, but all the clarification she seems to be asking for is mostly related to night actions rather than the chatter of the day phases. Is this a newer player trying to keep up with the game? Possibly, but I think its also possible its a wolf coming into the game late and trying to stay separated from all the more intense conversations.)
- Chief (I think Dora’s read on Chief’s vote being opportunistic is a very good one, especially as it supports my read on Chief and Zuckers interactions early in d0. I know people say not to put so much leverage on early game interactions, but looking back on the conversation, it just seems like banter between partners. His decrease in activity levels can either be based on actually just not having as much time to play, but his style and tone make me feel like he just doesn’t care anymore. This is why he is in my leans, not my lock pile, because I feel like a wolf would care and a wolf would try and defend themselves in the situation Chief is currently in.)

Wolf

- Matthilda (I have been scum reading Matthilda from the very start and I just want to know what they flip as at this point. They’re not interested in helping the game so I feel like its low risk. Their reactions to accusations have been extremely defensive and just don’t feel genuine.)
- Molly (Molly was, for me, the most suspicious vote on Zucker during first phase. She has been the most inactive player in the game based on post count and half the posts she has made have been word spam trying to defend herself. If previous games are anything to go by, this type of play is very wolfy)

I am exhausted, I'll probably respond to stuff for 5-10 minutes then I'm going to sleep. Nightmare of a day.

Chief to me comes off as a caught wolf. To avoid divulging information they accept their loss and take the L to not reveal any more connection to wolf partners. One question though. If you have chief as a wolf lean because he isn't defending himself doesn't that also apply to Molly and to an extent Mathilda? I know Mathilda came in afterwards and threatened to claim a role but that doesn't apply to this post.

Why not keep all three together in wolves or all three I. Wolf lean?
Old 03-13-2020, 07:05 PM   #2063
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
such as...? what what
It's how I was taught to play
Old 03-13-2020, 07:07 PM   #2064
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
It's how I was taught to play
'for personal reasons' is a weird as hell way to phrase your agreement to something in this game what what
Old 03-13-2020, 07:12 PM   #2065
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
'for personal reasons' is a weird as hell way to phrase your agreement to something in this game what what
*Shrug* I don't think so
Old 03-13-2020, 07:12 PM   #2066
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

I'm lookin' at some wonderful fois gras with a delicious orange sauce today.

Molly I haven't liked a single thing you've done all game long. Your explanation as to why you did nothing with 25 minutes in D1 feels bland and I don't believe it for a second.

While addressing your EOD behavior, you also very clearly ADMITTED that you were paying attention for the last 25 minutes and you STILL did nothing. Why the fuck would you do that if you're town? This feels like a gross attempt to blend in and then join in on the Zucker train with one minute left on EOD.

Yes you did IRL shit last night near EOD, and we all do have lives outside of the game... But your phase yesterday was very gross as well, in particular I'm going to be calling out the fact you missed nearly HALF of yesterday and barely did anything to make an effort aside from agree with all of us that Dora was the top lynch for the day.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #2067
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Cherry do you think tank and I are on the same team?
Old 03-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #2068
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Also the defeatist attitude towards me telling you that you're basically a dead man walking when you came back sucked as well
Old 03-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #2069
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

I'm around now sort of, still have to run out again here in a few. Can anyone here rn remind me of who was on the "shoot list" for last night. I know I was one but there was a couple others I believe. Call me lazy for not looking back if you want to, I just don't have a crap ton of time to find the posts at the moment and I'm hoping someone remember's offhand.

I want to take a look at the people on that list because see to me I was surprised that everyone said that the vigi would be a no brainer block for the wolves last night cause he could've just as easily shot a town or pr, which he would've had he not been blocked. So my thinking is there must've been a wolf on that shoot list somewhere and they didn't want to risk boomer picking that target.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:16 PM   #2070
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Cherry do you think tank and I are on the same team?
honestly i don't, no what what

i don't think tank is a wolf but i'm undecided on you so far. you/tank as a wolf team is a world i've considered but it's fairly far down my list of possibilities
Old 03-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #2071
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Mathilda, if it helps you. Molly and Chief were top candidates for a shot last night as well
Old 03-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #2072
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Eugene similar question to you. How do you feel about tank town leaning me while you have him as town? Do you think it's a lazy read?
Old 03-13-2020, 07:20 PM   #2073
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
honestly i don't, no what what

i don't think tank is a wolf but i'm undecided on you so far. you/tank as a wolf team is a world i've considered but it's fairly far down my list of possibilities
Do you think tanks read on me is a lazy read?
Old 03-13-2020, 07:21 PM   #2074
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Mathilda, if it helps you. Molly and Chief were top candidates for a shot last night as well
Thank you, going to ISO those two.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #2075
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

Quote:
Eugene similar question to you. How do you feel about tank town leaning me while you have him as town? Do you think it's a lazy read?
Honestly Apollo, I find Tank's posting style very lazy in general and effortless... So it could potentially be something where "Yeah I'll just toss Apollo into my town pile because fuck it, why not" and it's something I've considered. I know it's not a very helpful answer to your question, but that's all I can say
Old 03-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #2076
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mathilda View Post
I'm around now sort of, still have to run out again here in a few. Can anyone here rn remind me of who was on the "shoot list" for last night. I know I was one but there was a couple others I believe. Call me lazy for not looking back if you want to, I just don't have a crap ton of time to find the posts at the moment and I'm hoping someone remember's offhand.

I want to take a look at the people on that list because see to me I was surprised that everyone said that the vigi would be a no brainer block for the wolves last night cause he could've just as easily shot a town or pr, which he would've had he not been blocked. So my thinking is there must've been a wolf on that shoot list somewhere and they didn't want to risk boomer picking that target.
Iirc it was you, Molly, chief, Julian. I'd have to go back and see for the rest. But I feel like these were the top choices between everyone
Old 03-13-2020, 07:23 PM   #2077
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

I'd also like to bring up the fact that Chief hasn't posted at all this phase since yesterday around like... 4-6 hours to EOD. If I want me some dick liver, I'd be voting Chief today
Old 03-13-2020, 07:24 PM   #2078
TWG Eugene
FFR Player

*If I didn't want me some duck liver

Also I cannot believe I just said dick liver...
Old 03-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #2079
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

i went and compiled everyone's list of names for the vigi shot what what

julian - 1
maple

apollo - 3
maple, agent s, phil

mathilda - 8
maple, rolf, eugene, julian, agent s, molly, apollo, dora

molly - 6
flurry, eugene, rolf, punchy, julian, phil

chief - 6
flurry, eugene, rolf, phil, molly, dora

chrissy - 5
flurry, eugene, rolf, punchy, phil

flurry - 2
punchy, apollo

rolf - 1
julian

julian - 3
agent s, molly, apollo

maple - 1
dora

i believe this is accurate. rolf stands out to me in particular, what's that all about julian?
Old 03-13-2020, 07:27 PM   #2080
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
do not shoot me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
again, do not shoot me
speaking of julian, they are awfully concerned about being shot despite only garnering 3 recommendations what what
Closed Thread