Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #81
Mans0n
Sun and Stars
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mans0n
Default Re: Rave Culture?

It's not that house and electro are actually becoming mainstream, but more like shitty mainstream artists are incorporating house and electro into their shitty songs :/

Check out my band profile and give it a like! :P
Mans0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #82
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

I've never been to one but I want to sooo bad...

Excision was in New Brunswick and The Bloody Beetroots were in Halifax and I missed them both. There's like no other decent events that come along. It's usually just the same local DJs :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #83
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mans0n View Post
It's not that house and electro are actually becoming mainstream, but more like shitty mainstream artists are incorporating house and electro into their shitty songs :/
^This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Excision was in New Brunswick and The Bloody Beetroots were in Halifax and I missed them both. There's like no other decent events that come along. It's usually just the same local DJs :/
I was at a rave to see Excision. It was a pretty expensive rave, seriously, and it was shut down halfway through. They never said why, but rumor is an idiot pulled fire alarm and when the firefighters came they noticed a fire hazard, forcing the place to shut down. Of course the people who provided their rave provided their next one free to the people who were in this one, but it kinda sucked.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #84
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

you're all talking about dj culture
big difference
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #85
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 View Post
you're all talking about dj culture
big difference
Not really. There are plenty of DJ's that don't rave. Such as a lot of hip-hop DJ's.

Wait, why am I defending. That was a huge and wrong generalization. Pretty big difference between a place you go to and people who mix music.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #86
Hideki1234123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post

I was at a rave to see Excision. It was a pretty expensive rave, seriously, and it was shut down halfway through. They never said why, but rumor is an idiot pulled fire alarm and when the firefighters came they noticed a fire hazard, forcing the place to shut down. Of course the people who provided their rave provided their next one free to the people who were in this one, but it kinda sucked.
So if they pulled a fire alarm... how come no one noticed? XD i can only imagine ravers hearing a siren and more flashing lights and just thinking its part of the show XD
Hideki1234123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #87
ddrxero64
FFR Player

I actually came here post to an invite I got to a rave. How many of you could honestly pass this down? It's 18+ and it's going to have awesome DJ's and music of all electronic genres.

Super Mario Rave.

http://www.tightcrew.net/mario/
Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #88
toby420
FFR Player

Camp bisco wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
toby420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #89
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby420 View Post
Camp bisco wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd suggest you look at this forum.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...splay.php?f=27

You can introduce yourself there. Also, there are rules in this forum. This post probably broke three of them. If you want to be welcomed into the community, please read the rules. Everyone here follows them and we have fun.

Welcome to FFR, and I hope you enjoy the game. Like I said, you're going to want to visit that forum. Offtopicness can be a bit messy.

For the tl;dr people: Super Mario Rave! Check it out!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #90
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

:3

Want to find her and feed her pressies like theyre sweet tarts
Without A Contraceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #91
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Haha, offtopicness ensues. That's not a rave, it's just a bunch of people standing outside and one poorly dressed girl. Just to let you know.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #92
vro
FFR Player

^ Yeah, and she's wearing kandi, and the people in the background are wearing kandi, and why the hell would someone just normally dress like that? I'd say its a rave bud. Furthermore, this is a thread about the discussion of rave culture, and you are simply advertising an event, so you too can be considered "off topic," smart one.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #93
JenovaSephiroth
pink dragon irl
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
I actually came here post to an invite I got to a rave. How many of you could honestly pass this down? It's 18+ and it's going to have awesome DJ's and music of all electronic genres.

Super Mario Rave.

http://www.tightcrew.net/mario/
I've been to a few Tight Crew events, and they were pretty ****ing awesome (especially Mario Party 2). If you're going to Mario Party 3, we better meet up.
JenovaSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #94
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vro View Post
^ Yeah, and she's wearing kandi, and the people in the background are wearing kandi, and why the hell would someone just normally dress like that? I'd say its a rave bud. Furthermore, this is a thread about the discussion of rave culture, and you are simply advertising an event, so you too can be considered "off topic," smart one.
I wouldn't normally post it, but invitation+rave kinda seems to be on topic. Also, this thread was 50/50 for how much people liked/disliked raves, so I wanted to show a rave that was good. I also posted the 18+ because were complaining about underage raves, I wasn't advertising. I don't even think I can go, it's a bit of a stretch for me.

I said it was offtopic not because of the pic, but because how random and simple the post was. It didn't contribute anything other than a barely clothed "rave" chick. You call it a rave, I call it people just standing around. I usually see people enjoying themselves at a rave like it's a dance club, not some place to just chill. It's opinion I guess, but it didn't look like much of a rave. Just a girl posing for the camera in front of people just standing there.

I guess I could be wrong. You can't tell by just one pic.

@JenovaSephiroth I'll try, but slim chance. We'll see, it's near the end of may,so I don't know. I'm up in Western MA though, so somewhat difficult transportation wise.

Last edited by ddrxero64; 03-22-2011 at 02:14 PM..
Old 03-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #95
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Why do so many of us find it bad that music we like is becoming mainstream, or at least that elements of it are? Shouldn't we like something based on whether we like it or not, and **** whether or not its mainstream? Its awesome if it is really, because then we might just actually like the random stuff we hear all the time.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #96
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

it gets incredibly annoying to hear people circlejerk about and bastardize your favorite songs
Old 03-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #97
vro
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
it gets incredibly annoying to hear people circlejerk about and bastardize your favorite songs
(Random guy at rave): Have you heard of PRETTY RAVE GIRL from I AM X RAY?!?!?!?!?!?!!! ITS SO COOL!!!!!!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #98
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
Why do so many of us find it bad that music we like is becoming mainstream, or at least that elements of it are? Shouldn't we like something based on whether we like it or not, and **** whether or not its mainstream? Its awesome if it is really, because then we might just actually like the random stuff we hear all the time.
No, because I feel that the elements are twisted to be fashioned into mainstream (badly). Take for example We No Speak Americano. Great techno song, that song gets me wanting to dance. (not full version, just so you get the gist of the song)

Now take Pitbull's remake of it into Bon Bon. I almost shot myself when he butchered the song.

To be honest, it doesn't go into mainstream because people like it. Only because it'll make money. Top reason why I don't like mainstream, it's all about making money.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #99
Without A Contraceptive
FFR Player

Quote:
Yea, and now thanks to Britney Spears, valley girls all around the world will hear the song and say "I love dubstep!"

^That really just disgusts me.
yo isa be honest my man

i thought you were just a stupid kid...then i scrolled down randomly and saw you posted a yolanda x dcup joint and now; you are my boy. respect.... you like the high rankin edit? if you havent heard it hype machine that bad boy. its definitely not the best bet its a pretty dope track
Without A Contraceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #100
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without A Contraceptive View Post
i thought you were just a stupid kid...
Imma pretend my 18 year old self didn't just hear that.

Quote:
then i scrolled down randomly and saw you posted a yolanda x dcup joint and now; you are my boy. respect....
That's how I earned it? haha

Quote:
you like the high rankin edit? if you havent heard it hype machine that bad boy. its definitely not the best bet its a pretty dope track
That was off the hook. It was like fast dubstep. I aint gonna lie, song was tight. whoops pitbull's sh**** song. thanks for the suggestion. Glad i'm not some stupid kid now? idk, imma just be myself. now you know who i am though, so i guess it's all good.