Old 06-7-2009, 03:37 PM   #1541
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Going to kill 25 mimi today, almost got him yesterday.

From hearing about vezax he doesn't seem too hard. I'm going to go out there and say we'll kick his ass.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2009, 04:56 PM   #1542
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Vezax is almost entirely on the healers. Everything else is a tank with short cooldowns (DK tanks kick ass there) and people staying in loose clusters.

Disc Priests, Resto Druids, and Resto Shaman are ideal for it, but Holy Priests and Paladins are good enough.

As long as your casters are in the crashes at max range and avoiding crashes as they land and spreading out for MotF you're golden.

Edit: So hey we were doing our weekly Flame Leviathan pug and we were like let's keep going and then we kicked ass on XT (last week we sucked terribly) and then we were like hey let's keep going so we killed Razorscale and then we were like hey let's keep going so we killed Kologarn so we were like hey let's keep going and so we killed Ignis and so we were like hey let's keep going and then we killed Auriaya and then we were like it's getting late we should stop but first let's kill Emalon (who dropped 4/4 pvp loots yay (bitch)).

Hay tokzic, our rogue who just got Murder and Sinister Revenge in one Naxx run last week just got Daschal's Bite on XT's trash and the Shard Sticker on him.

We're now forcing him to go Mutilate spec.

ps - got four achievements too - Nerf Gravity Bombs (would've had the other one but the damn things were evade bugged and he STILL ATE THEM (asshole)), hot pocket, shattered, and siege of uld heroic.

Last edited by Squeek; 06-8-2009 at 12:28 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2009, 04:21 PM   #1543
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Hay tokzic, our rogue who just got Murder and Sinister Revenge in one Naxx run last week just got Daschal's Bite on XT's trash and the Shard Sticker on him.
daschal's bite STILL HAS NOT GODDAMN DROPPED FOR MY GUILD GALSJDLFJKLASFJKLJSADFLJM

anyway this is amazing and i need to post it here

Quote:
Yogg-Saron: Okay, so this whole plan is going pretty well. I've gunked up a tree in Grizzly Hills, I've enslaved the Keepers of Ulduar, and I've set up an impassable ravine between my inner sanctum and the outside world, so nobody can get in to stop me.

Kologarn: AND I WILL STAND IN IT.

Yogg-Saron: Seriously not necessary, K-Garn. I've got that whole thing under control. Check out the map. It says that's "The Shattered Walkway." It used to just be "The Walkway." Until I shattered it. No walkway, no progress. Pure effin' genius.

Kologarn: AND THAT IS WHERE I WILL SQUEEZE THE LIFE OUT OF THEM.

Yogg-Saron: No, dude. You don't need to go there at all. You can pretty much just take the week off. Maybe meet some ladies. I can't even remember the last time you hooked up.

Kologarn: NONE SHALL PASS.

Yogg-Saron: Well, that's the point of a huge ravine. So I don't really need your help.

Kologarn: I CAN CRUSH AN ARMORED TAUREN IN MY POWERFUL STONE GRIP.

Yogg-Saron: Yeah, but the tauren can't get over the ravine anyway. And it will be extra funny, because they could totally get over the ravine if they could use their flying mounts, but flying mounts are disabled in Ulduar. That will make them crazy. See, that's what I do.

Kologarn: WITH MY OVERHEAD SMASH, I CAN MAKE THE EARTH SHAKE. MY FOCUSED EYEBEAMS TURN MY VERY RAGE INTO LAZERS.

Yogg-Saron: Okay, I guess if you really want a crack at them. But it's fine with me if you just want to knock off. What's your hard mode?

Kologarn: HARD MODE?

Yogg-Saron: Can you, like, buff yourself to do double damage, or have twice as much health or something?

Kologarn: I AM VERY LARGE.

Yogg-Saron: Fair enough. Go hang out there. I guess, even if they beat you, I've still got my bases covered with the whole shattering-the-walkway plan.

Kologarn: YEAH. I DON'T SEE ANY WAY YOU'LL BE SORRY ABOUT THIS.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

Last edited by Tokzic; 06-8-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2009, 04:47 PM   #1544
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ignis made Kologarn on Loken's orders. Yogg had nothing to do with it.

JOKE RUINED.
Old 06-8-2009, 04:50 PM   #1545
Necamus
FFR Player

i know just barely enough of ulduar to find that hilarious
Old 06-8-2009, 04:56 PM   #1546
Tokzic
FFR Player

Quote:
Ignis made Kologarn on Loken's orders. Yogg had nothing to do with it.

JOKE RUINED.
"MASTER, THEY COME."

loken is not in the direction of where he's protecting and he also happens to be dead according to ulduar lore

joke protected

Old 06-8-2009, 05:39 PM   #1547
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Well, gauntlet thrown down, gauntlet picked up, and now I'm going to beat you over the head, with the gauntlet.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2009, 09:39 PM   #1548
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Ok so we just wiped on Kologarn like 15 times and our RL is a jackass and left the raid on us. We tried every one of his ideas to no avail. Really need some help on this. 10 man btw

ONLY STRATZ THAT WORK PLZ

fyi our biggest problem was keeping the beams under control. the raid was taking tons of damage and i couldn't concentrate on the tanks (warrior on boss dk on adds). not including me we had a pally healer and resto druid. we pretty much had the rubbles under control, it's just those damn beams.

Last edited by Sullyman2007; 06-8-2009 at 10:00 PM..
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2009, 10:01 PM   #1549
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

There will be two tanks on the boss (warrior, feral, or dk) with an adds tank (pally, dk) picking up rubble when a hand dies. If any off tanks get picked up by the hand, a backup will fill in. A tank swap happens when the main tank has two stacks of crush armor. It can be applied randomly, sometimes it takes a while for him to get 2 stacks.

The raid needs to spread out around the platform to make it easier to identify who has a laser. Laser targets should kite their laser towards a wall or platform edge and everyone in the way should move away from that person to avoid getting hit.

If you are ranged, stay away from the left arm, especially when it dies and spawns the rubble adds. Clean up these adds quick once an off tank has aggro. Get away from adds, stay away from them.

Pro tips:

When the boss casts his eye laser, it first starts as one laser on either side of your character, then those two beams come closer and turn into one beam, then chase you. Watch carefully for this queue to get out of the way.

Watch out for rubble dying near you, they explode!

Move out of player’s way as they kite the laser, the room is small.

Spread out!

Make sure to look at the name of the arm you are dpsing, not what side it is on relative to you. We kill his Right Arm, which is on our left side.

Big wigs will bring up a giant notification of what three are stone gripped so watch for this and heal them.

If tanking Kologarn, ensure you know who's healing you, and blow survivability cooldowns if one or more of your healers are gripped. This is especially important if you're tanking with 1 stack of crush armor up.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2009, 10:14 PM   #1550
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Alright, and just out of curiosity, how many healers did you have? Like I said between me, the pally and the druid it was completely out of control. And it didn't help that people kept kiting the beams THROUGH THE RAID. Will have to try this tomorrow since it looks like we're done for the night.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 12:46 AM   #1551
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

In ten man, you can employ a much easier strategy to avoid eye beams.

We had 4 people in melee range and 6 people ranged (including three healers). The melee people don't get eye-beamed, but if they do, they do the same thing the ranged do.

We had problems with the eyebeams too, but our idea was to put all six of us in a loose cluster on the left side of the room (in front of his Right Arm). If you get eyebeamed, you start running right (nobody's on the right side). Just keep running and it won't get you!

If you have DBM, taking damage from the beams will pop up the warning that you're focused. You might not be focused on. The game will pop up the real warning that says something like "Kologarn fixes his eyes on you!" and that's your cue to leave the group.

Having Nature resistance helps some, but it's totally not important.

As for us...

I know some people here (at least one) have done Yogg. Did you guys use the strategy where the tank brings it to Sara and everyone DPSes it down there or where you tank it outside the clouds and carry it to her when it's low? We're having serious problems with either strategy =/
Old 06-9-2009, 01:08 AM   #1552
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

We tank them all near the entrance then at 50% or so drag them to Sara then ONLY ranged finishes it off.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 01:43 AM   #1553
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Finally got Death's Bite, but I dont know if I wanna put berserking on it now since we're doing ulduar. :/

Figures it only drops *after* Ulduar.

Fighting Kologarn right now.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 01:51 AM   #1554
rageaddict
FFR Player

I have an 80 warrior and 80 shaman. My warrior has his 4 piece T 7.5 for DPS and tanking. my shaman has a full epics elemental DPS set and 840resil in his pvp resto gear. been playing for 2 years now
rageaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 09:27 AM   #1555
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
It's funny that our guild leader still thinks our guild is a casual guild, because I looked at my unlocks for this morning and this was the list:

Naxxramas
Naxxramas (Heroic)
Ulduar
Ulduar (Heroic)
Obsidian Sanctum
Obsidian Sanctum (Heroic)
Vault of Archavon
Vault of Archavon (Heroic)
Eye of Eternity
Eye of Eternity (Heroic)
Quoting this because my guild leader is the same. He calls us a "casual raiding guild." We've done every raid this week except OS 10, and that's only because we couldn't get enough qualified people to do +3 drakes (we 20-manned 1 drake on heroic). All this raiding is gonna take a serious toll on my resources once I have to start buying 15 or more flasks per week ;_;
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 10:53 AM   #1556
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I get really lucky with flasks, I usually get at least one double (triple, now?) per item, I've had times where I've given my alchemist guildie mats for 4 and ended up with having 12 or more.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 11:56 AM   #1557
ravenhexa
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ravenhexa

just sold my account for 200 bucks lawls
ravenhexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 12:09 PM   #1558
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
All this raiding is gonna take a serious toll on my resources once I have to start buying 15 or more flasks per week ;_;
That's what you get for dropping alchemy.
Old 06-9-2009, 12:36 PM   #1559
Tokzic
FFR Player

my guild gives me flasks for free

8)

Old 06-9-2009, 12:45 PM   #1560
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

I'm just giving him crap for bailing on our guild to go raid.