Old 11-9-2018, 09:01 PM   #21
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
People who have Etterna as their only solution to every problem on FFR mayyyybe should just leave ffr, just a thought you know.
Something something, community, something something.

FFR is a small community. I'd imagine Etterna is even smaller.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 11-9-2018 at 09:01 PM..
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:04 PM   #22
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,685
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Something something, community, something something.

FFR is a small community. I'd imagine Etterna is even smaller.
But no matter the communities it's the same as if they're saying "Oh I'm posting in this forum I find shitty but Etterna though, that's the place I want to be". Like lmao just gtfo and wait for that forum or go help its development idk
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:05 PM   #23
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 9,635
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Everybody who gets actioned on by mods hates the mods and the way they mod. It's been that way forever.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:08 PM   #24
PixlSM
FFR Player
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 300
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
People who have Etterna as their only solution to every problem on FFR mayyyybe should just leave ffr, just a thought you know.
yeah but where else would i shitpost
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:09 PM   #25
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 21
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Is my original point going to get addressed....?

I don't want this to be a mods vs non-mods thing, I hope I've made that clear. Some of the best friends I've ever had are on the mod team, and that's extended to the rest of ffr as a whole too which is why I'd rather sort through issues before people get exiled. I say this as someone who's never had disciplinary action from a mod in anywhere really, except when I spammed my sig in the stepmania discord a few years ago.
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:11 PM   #26
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,685
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
yeah but where else would i shitpost
It's no shitposting when you're simply getting hard to the thought of Etterna though *rolls eyes*
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:13 PM   #27
PixlSM
FFR Player
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 300
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
It's no shitposting when you're simply getting hard to the thought of Etterna though *rolls eyes*
I actually get hard at the thought of eating a ban but despite never posting anything of value for over 200 posts im somehow not banned
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:14 PM   #28
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
...eating a ban...
What's that taste like?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 11-9-2018 at 09:15 PM..
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:17 PM   #29
Nick012
FFR Player
 
Nick012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 100
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
hey wait I think I know how to mod better than some of these people

I officially announce my bid to run for mod 2019

we'll make ffr great again
But will you build a wall?
Nick012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:17 PM   #30
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 213
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Speaking specifically about Travis's post, it was transphobic iirc, and that stuff has to be and will be deleted.

I tend to think of myself as probably the least heavy handed mod when it comes to moderation, but this particular thread had devolved to the point where people were posting number puzzles. That stuff in it's own thread would be fine, but this one had devolved too much to continue imo.
__________________
this does not leave my signature until there is a stats sheet for FFRTWG games.
please bug me to finish the stats if you see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Hot take: hot take is just a refined name to give a shitpost
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:20 PM   #31
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 207
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Is my original point going to get addressed....?

I don't want this to be a mods vs non-mods thing, I hope I've made that clear. Some of the best friends I've ever had are on the mod team, and that's extended to the rest of ffr as a whole too which is why I'd rather sort through issues before people get exiled. I say this as someone who's never had disciplinary action from a mod in anywhere really, except when I spammed my sig in the stepmania discord a few years ago.
this thread is already off topic
maybe that's just the way this forum goes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:21 PM   #32
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 3,706
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

I was a chatmod on the dragon's fury forums
I kept muting, kicking and banning people who I found were in any way being offensive and/or "not nice"

In other words:
I was a partypooper with no sense of humour, with no sense on nuance, who would at a glance, on a whim, shut down the fun for everyone

I was no longer a chatmod on the dragon's fury forums
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:21 PM   #33
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I tend to think of myself as probably the least heavy handed mod when it comes to moderation, but this particular thread had devolved to the point where people were posting number puzzles. That stuff in it's own thread would be fine, but this one had devolved too much to continue imo.
I'm so used to GameFAQs style of posting that it was normal for me, dohoho.

...

I mean it was essentially becoming a "All in One" thread as soon as people were talking about something else besides QueenAshy's status.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:25 PM   #34
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 9,635
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

The reason posts get deleted is because it does the community more harm to have a bunch of gross hostile crap on display for everybody to see that it does harm to somebody having their gross hostile post deleted.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:29 PM   #35
Gravity Kitten
FFR Player
 
Gravity Kitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ya
Posts: 533
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

they wouldn't do this to me over at thirdstyle dot com
__________________
Gravity Kitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:34 PM   #36
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 21
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The reason posts get deleted is because it does the community more harm to have a bunch of gross hostile crap on display for everybody to see that it does harm to somebody having their gross hostile post deleted.
So here's the scenario, hyperbolic for further clarity of course:

Jimmy posts an opinion he has for x, y, z reason, with hopes to have his opinion heard, or to hear thoughts about said opinion. This opinion is controversial, and negative, but is a stance regardless.

Susie posts a retort to Jimmy's opinion. It's not terribly civil either honestly, and is the opposite from what was originally said.

Jimmy and Susie bicker back and forth in this thread for a few minutes, when their posts get deleted and the thread gets locked. Maybe they also get a 1 day ban.

Jimmy still has his stance, probably even more strongly than he did before, and he's even more upset about it potentially. He may also dislike Susie now.
Susie still has her stance, probably even more strongly than she did before, and she's even more upset about it potentially. She may also dislike Jimmy now.

9 days later, a new thread comes up, and both Susie and Jimmy are present and their opinions come up. Chances are they'll be even more vitriolic because of what went down, not getting closure, maybe they also didn't like being censored, they essentially got cut off early and had their voice suppressed instead of being corrected. They probably use more poignant grammar and more angry bolded caps now; the cycle repeats and the problem grows each time.



This is an oversimplification as well, and isn't quite accurate but is what I've moreorless noticed happening potentially, with at least a couple people.
Would not deleting posts help this? ....well it couldn't hurt, assuming we want them to stay in the community (I do, because I like 95% of people on ffr well enough).
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:35 PM   #37
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 3,706
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

there's a difference between insinuating black people are a different race as a humorous quip (tastes may vary) and saying "Dude, ******s should just leave the country, I can't stand the idea all these children having a negro as their parent"

the rules may say it's not allowed to post content which is racist but can we really not see the difference between having a dubious sense of humor and being... actually fucking racist?
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:36 PM   #38
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 9,635
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
there's a difference between insinuating black people are a different race as a humorous quip (tastes may vary) and saying "Dude, ******s should just leave the country, I can't stand the idea all these children having a negro as their parent"

the rules may say it's not allowed to post content which is racist but can we really not see the difference between having a dubious sense of humor and being... actually fucking racist?
Um...about that.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:39 PM   #39
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 3,706
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

also, permabanned from the ffr discord for calling QueenAshy a he? really?
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-9-2018, 09:41 PM   #40
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: An Open Letter Re: Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
also, permabanned from the ffr discord for calling QueenAshy a he? really?
Wait, that was a perma? I thought it was a temp ban.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution