Old 07-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #4141
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I'm back to the theory where Sunfan did receive an item, but is lying about receiving it.

I feel like I have too many towns if that's not true.
I did not receive an item

I have no reason to lie about this
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #4142
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Wolves don't kill him because they could kill town and make us waste our lynch on him.

Town don't kill him because, with Dafty a wolf, we lynch him today and kill a wolf for the lynch. And with Dafty a town, we lynch the grossly inactive today for the lynch instead of possibly mislynching somebody actually doing anything.
.
even if dafty was town, its still really good to kill him there as town because you get a lot of info in the KitB between him and fg
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:02 PM   #4143
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
again, why assuming that my save was actually valid
we don't have to assume it was valid but it sure would help because if you saved like funnier or something then we'd probably know that that wasn't a save
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #4144
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
I don't think dai's save hit. Pretty sure dai was the nk.
and you watched him, right?
so, did anyone other than gs visit him?
because if just gs was there, its not likely that the wolves tried to kill dai without there being a ninja or something
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #4145
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I'm back to the theory where some people suggested Haku was scum, and then some people said that since he was a fruit vendor he was almost certainly town, and then Haku just off the top of his head linked a game from -years ago- to prove you can have all lost wolves, and it was a game with a wolf fruit vendor.

And it makes me wonder if he was reading that thread for like...tips on being a wolf fruit vendor and forgot that it would make him look sketchy to link it re: lost wolves.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #4146
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
If I had a kill power right now, I'd be waiting until I had at least a strong suspicion that somebody was a wolf who was actually doing shit. Is that a bad strategy?
shoot early, shoot often as vigi

ffa has a good comparison to MtG where you play a card that makes you discard/exile other cards but the initial card is really good

sure, you can lose some good shit, but the fact that you have the card on the field more than makes up for the lost cards almost all of the time

yeah it sucks if dafty was like a seer or something, but he also had negative 25 posts per phase and wasn't really helping anyone solve

it was a good shot even if he was the seer
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #4147
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Like, when H&H died I was like "That makes sense to me. Lacking other info on who to kill, get rid of the only person who could anchor a confirmed town group." and then several people were like "What a weird kill that does not make sense to me" and I'm just kinda like "wtf"
what's more threatening?

most town roles

or

an innocent child?
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #4148
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I get that, I do. I just can't reconcile it with "He was 100% going to get lynched the next phase anyway" like, there was -zero- chance unless somebody got a hard red report and was willing to claim it, that Dafty lived through the lynch, so it more seems wasteful than strategic.

It's like playing a card that exiles other cards and the effect is 'destroy target creature' and you use it on a creature that they were going to have to sacrifice on their upkeep anyway before it could attack you.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #4149
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
what's more threatening?

most town roles

or

an innocent child?
More things I understand in theory, but where in this individual messed up game of practice, I find less clear. Like, yes most town roles are stronger than a vanilla town. But the wolves also had no idea what powers were out there, who could guard, who could block, who could seer etc etc.

Maybe I'm still just struggling to get out of the mode of being able to talk to individuals during the day, where an IC would have been super valuable because it was somebody all the blues could come out to.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #4150
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I get that, I do. I just can't reconcile it with "He was 100% going to get lynched the next phase anyway" like, there was -zero- chance unless somebody got a hard red report and was willing to claim it, that Dafty lived through the lynch, so it more seems wasteful than strategic.

It's like playing a card that exiles other cards and the effect is 'destroy target creature' and you use it on a creature that they were going to have to sacrifice on their upkeep anyway before it could attack you.
you're slightly missing the point, I think

town has a limited number of kills on people who could be wolves

even if someone is town, its better to kill them because you win more games as town the more kills you have

frontloading your kills for information and because you /could/ die with your bullet(s) in the chamber as a vigi will win more games for town than it loses
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #4151
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I get the point, I was just considering Dafty functionally already killed at the time you're suggesting it was good to kill him. If he weren't -extremely- the next person to get lynched, I would just agree with you 100%
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #4152
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,278
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I'm probably sticking with my vote today. If rb flips wolf, then good chance pocketing happening in storn / gradiant, and can check early town reads for roundbox. If flips town, wolf is probably not in storn / gradiant, but FFA/soundwave/WV. Not exactly sure on that last part though, have to check interactions when i get home.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014



gold stinger is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #4153
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 353
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I get the point, I was just considering Dafty functionally already killed at the time you're suggesting it was good to kill him. If he weren't -extremely- the next person to get lynched, I would just agree with you 100%
well, assuming dafty was shot by a human
then, in a weird but also straightforward way, he /was/ the next lynch
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Plop is town in this game, TWG 195. Do not question this.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:19 PM   #4154
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,278
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Devonin and Shadow seem like the towniest people here. Hard to see where a wolf mailman was used for Svaz's part.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014



gold stinger is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:20 PM   #4155
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

This whole thing is making me re-suspicious of Daikyi, but like...not in a way that implies he's a wolf, just that he might not be as pro-town as we've been assuming.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #4156
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Which also has the effect of then making me get re-suspicious of sunfan.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #4157
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,278
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
This whole thing is making me re-suspicious of Daikyi, but like...not in a way that implies he's a wolf, just that he might not be as pro-town as we've been assuming.
I think there could have been a thing where sunfan actually cucked town yes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014



gold stinger is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #4158
XelNya
KahoXN
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,780
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shadow seem like the towniest
how
__________________
paq in progress
XelNya is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:40 PM   #4159
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,278
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
how
Firstly as i said before, there is a ton of information bias regarding early talk in the game that would suggest otherwise, that isnt so much scumtell but bad play, and should have been coached in wolfchat. This point seems even greater when 2 lost wolves have already flipped.

Secondly, the whole self voting situation would not have happened unless they were put into a corner, couldnt keep up with the game, or thought that their flip would mean more than words. I'm thinking we are in a scenario where the third option is apparent, with a dash of the 2nd being the culprit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014



gold stinger is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #4160
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,278
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Which also has the effect of then making me get re-suspicious of sunfan.
No. Sunfan is 3p. End of story. More likely imo that its fabricated between WV and Daikyi but there really isnt reason at this time to go down that path.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014



gold stinger is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution