Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit
Default Re: TWG XXXV Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoicRoivaS View Post
along with a few "confirmed" greens.
Stop beating around the bush.

These "confirmed greens" sent you their PM info. Hence why my queries as to how anyone in this game could be confirmed anything were ignored. Because you were blatantly breaking the rules and you knew it.

And you know what? Even with massive rules breaking, you still lost! My god, you guys are such ****tards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 05-1-2007, 02:58 AM   #83
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Oh, now I recall, you were there with us sorting information, silly me. Then you must recall that no one ever "sent [anyone] their PM info". Logical deductions were made based on the use of a single word that seemed more than coincidental, and kilga's response confirmed the observation slightly more. These people were not trusted with anything at all but were essentially last to be suspected if it came down to it. Thanks for playing though, I'm done.
-Bowser
Old 05-1-2007, 03:16 AM   #84
Kefit
FFR Player

RedRumForTheRich: ooo stoic responded
RedRumForTheRich: and that's a lie.

RedRumForTheRich (6:51:46 PM): What's your role?
6:51:28 PM): human
RedRumForTheRich (6:52:32 PM): you're sure?
(6:52:17 PM): 100%
6:53:41 PM): nvm
(6:53:42 PM): i lied
(6:53:50 PM): my pm said normal human
RedRumForTheRich: ****ed with font
RedRumForTheRich: to protect said person

Thanks for playing. Please insert three credits to try again.

Look, I know that circumstances surrounding the PM mess this game were difficult for everyone involved. However, now that the game is over, I expect you to have the balls to say outright that yes, you did have confirmed humans solely from PM ******ry. I'm not trying to get you burned at the stake or anything

On a side note, the Wolf Hoarder is a hilariously badly broken role and I hope to never see it in another TWG again.

Quote:
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?

Last edited by Kefit; 05-1-2007 at 03:27 AM..
Old 05-1-2007, 03:36 AM   #85
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Here's the deal, I don't enjoy hurt feelings either, so I'll tell you exactly what happened and we can call it a miracle of god for all I care. A few completely separate and non-connected people used the same phrase while chatting N1 about their role. Completely unprompted, multiple people used the phrase "normal human". No copy/paste, no font transfer from the PM from Kilga, and no intent to perform whatever consists of "PM ******ry". If kilga's PM had said: "you are human" (in its entirety) then no one would have been set off when a person responds with "I'm human". It's typical terminology for any (semi)standard TWG. When 3 people all respond using the specific adjective "normal", the red flags are set off. There was no intent by either side to abuse the game, it was merely a misfortune that they all so unknowingly used the same adjective (as in their PM I assume). We observed the coincidence, mentioned it to kilga, and went from there. These people were given no extra information and none of their fates (pertaining to the alliance) were changed because of what had happened (excluding people being removed, etc). Anything actually gained eventually became entirely null when DBP and I unexpectedly quad died in the same night.

That's pretty much what happened. Call it what you like.

Also, bring your crazy "old-school-TWG" self to the next game if you're not too busy. We can always use active people who are willing to speak their ideas no matter how information-sharingly terrible they are. ^_^
-Bowser
Old 05-1-2007, 03:40 AM   #86
Kefit
FFR Player

Oh hey, you do have some balls afterall!

Don't expect me to play this game again for a while though. The only reason I entered this one was because it was Touhou themed. At the very least, you won't see me play again until after I finish up with the school quarter.

Quote:
Old 05-1-2007, 07:02 AM   #87
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
doesnt mattah

i'll be skipping the next game, hope it's a boring one.
HONEYMOON
Old 05-1-2007, 09:16 AM   #88
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

Quote:
Also, bring your crazy "old-school-TWG" self to the next game if you're not too busy. We can always use active people who are willing to speak their ideas no matter how information-sharingly terrible they are. ^_^
In all fairness, no matter how dumb you think info sharing is, it couldn't possibly have any worse of a result than what you guys accomplished by hoarding it in this game.
Old 05-1-2007, 10:37 AM   #89
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

also, I don't know if it's been said yet but flaw's fake was absolutely brilliant.

and while you can say "oh the wolves won even though the humans knew everything by night two, even though fish got himself killed for absolutely no reason, even though the only reason mamimi died was because she drew a 1/4 chance of being seered", the truth is that we had some luck on our side as well. Jurs versus manticore on the second to last day was a knife in box, wasn't it? (or did jurs have a phantom?). And there was a very decent 50% chance that myself or manticore would have been hit when roundbox was lynched. Plus flaw got rioting removed for us, stella got greedy and gloated about her role to mamimi, and the pm thing backfired and got a couple of people removed.

All in all, it's a game I'd love to play again, with a different or modified set of roles. It promoted some creativity, especially early on.
Old 05-1-2007, 11:09 AM   #90
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I assumed Roundbox's vote was a joke because he placed it at 12:01. a minute after the deadline.

Also with the whole roundbox effect thing, As long as I didn't die to it, we had the game won. I'd have wolved either jwc or sert, and won the next day cause both had a phantom.

What i didn't want happening was to have roundbox make up with sert, get one of us lynched, and then we'd have no way of killing roundbox without getting killed ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 05-1-2007, 03:16 PM   #91
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Flaw's fake was a construction that he and DBP came up with in a conversation they had, largely if not entirely DBP's idea from my understanding. Flaw came to me with this under the watch of DBP (via them over aim at the same time). Flaw's original claim was that he had a list of 4 names, 2 green, 1 red, and 1 illegal, and he said that I was on his list. With zero hesitation I immediately told him he was either lying to me, or lied to by kilga, as you will notice my role is none of those things. I went to kilga to double check he didn't misrepresent anything to flaw (obviously kilga couldn't say anything to me) and once that was done, I knew flaw was lying flat out to me. We jumped through some hoops for a few minutes and then he confessed. DBP realized this immediately confirmed me as actually blue given the immediate response time and absolute frustration I had at flaw's claim. Flaw bringing this discovery to DBP (instead of keeping it to himself) pretty much confirms him as safe to DBP and I, and similar logic, as well as other events eventually led us to trust DBP in return. The love triangle formed out of DBP's idea to test me with a fake role, via flaw, and we went from there.

Also, the game turned out so terrible despite our information flood for the same reason stated before, we didn't tell anyone anything because we didn't expect to both die. It doesn't have anything to do with how good or bad of an idea information sharing is.
-Bowser
Old 05-1-2007, 03:57 PM   #92
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

I tried doing what I could with the info I had collected out of flaw and DBP. The only reason I trusted Mamimi so quickly was because I had the impression she was blue out of DBP's information (which he vaguely gave me when I pressed him into doing so). I didn't have any leads on to who was possibly lying about their roles like I'm assuming DBP, flaw, and stoic had.
Old 05-1-2007, 04:07 PM   #93
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

yeah our double kill was a pretty spectacular thing.

another thing humans did incorrectly: guard pooling. I remember when on like, the second to last day I mentioned that we ought to vote to guard sertman, and people were genuinely surprised by the idea. Everyone had sort of written him off as dead without realizing that they could do something about it. (of course, I mentioned this mainly to make sure that no one else was guarding fojar).
Old 05-1-2007, 04:13 PM   #94
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
Flaw's fake was a construction that he and DBP came up with in a conversation they had, largely if not entirely DBP's idea from my understanding.
DBP and me were talking about faking a role, but the "role" was completely my idea.

Old 05-1-2007, 04:27 PM   #95
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
yeah our double kill was a pretty spectacular thing.

another thing humans did incorrectly: guard pooling.
Yet another thing humans did incorrectly: not sending me picks at all.

Every single night after Night 1 a handful of people never bothered to send me anything, and a handful more sent me selections that boggled my mind. I'm pretty sure there was one night where jwc recieved two votes, neither of which were from him.
Old 05-1-2007, 04:35 PM   #96
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

I guarded people i seered in case somebody could watch guarding pms. Had the game continued, I was gonna seer talisman on the last night cause i already seered everyone else left. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 05-1-2007, 06:53 PM   #97
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilfeulleSakuraba View Post
Yet another thing humans did incorrectly: not sending me picks at all.

Every single night after Night 1 a handful of people never bothered to send me anything, and a handful more sent me selections that boggled my mind. I'm pretty sure there was one night where jwc recieved two votes, neither of which were from him.
ROFL
-Bowser
Old 05-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #98
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Archived 5-21-2014 2:37 PM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Closed Thread