Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #21
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
@manticore, it was game theory discussion, not discussion about who was suspicious or whatnot (so role would have had little impact on what was said). I brought it back up in case others wanted to discuss it further.
My bad then. I didn't get to read the first thread so I wasn't completley sure

=( I was guard in dimension 2 on the first go round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #22
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan View Post
iggy you fucking queer, I got double seer on the first roll but you had to go and ruin it.

Thanks a lot, ******.
Yea well I had the chance to find all the wolves night 1 so I guess we both got screwed.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #23
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Except I got screwed out of a legitimate chance to have fun through no business of my own whereas you got "screwed" because your stupid ass tried underhanded tactics to garner information it had no business gathering.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #24
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Whatever helps you cope kilga.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:56 PM   #25
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

SEND ME YOUR MOTHERFUCKING PMS YOU SONS OF BITCHES
Old 03-23-2007, 05:09 PM   #26
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

HAHA RE-ROLE

Yeah. Also, I suggest that seers watch their back in trying to start an alliance in one dimension. You don't know if you've PM'ed a wolf/human. If you're seer/seer, don't send PM's to people you've seered as green in ONE dimension. Be sure to double check in the next dimension to see if they're secretly not a wolf out to, well, take your PM and then wolf you the next day.

I think that when you have wolf/blue, the blue could actually be either a seer/guardian/vigi. Or any blue, at that.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #27
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

what did iggy do?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #28
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
HAHA RE-ROLE

Yeah. Also, I suggest that seers watch their back in trying to start an alliance in one dimension. You don't know if you've PM'ed a wolf/human. If you're seer/seer, don't send PM's to people you've seered as green in ONE dimension. Be sure to double check in the next dimension to see if they're secretly not a wolf out to, well, take your PM and then wolf you the next day.

I think that when you have wolf/blue, the blue could actually be either a seer/guardian/vigi. Or any blue, at that.
I don't really see what you're trying to get at here. The only way a seer could get in trouble by contacting the people they've seered green in one dimension is if a Human/wolf (dimensions respectivly) lets it slip to a wolf in both dimensions that XXX is the seer in the dimension where he is human. That would be the only possible reason to watch your back as the seer.

For the most part, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #29
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Ok, so, possible deciding roles in this game;

Seer/Seer:

If someone has this role, we have a HUGE advantage now with the elimination of the master wolf, double seer everyone and come to them as you do. This role is very unlikely, therefore we can't depend on it of course.

Seer/Guard:

This is another interesting role. You should seer as you normally would (conservatively and keeping the information to yourself for the first couple nights at least in my opinion, as coming forward with any information to anyone is extremely risky), and try to use your Guard role liberally, guarding whoever is being the biggest asset in the day of the dimension you are a guard in.

Wolf/Guard:

This double special role would be very detrimental for the humans, as the wolf would likely guard one of his wolf friends from the other dimension in the guard dimension, seeing as wolves are much more likely to win (in my opinion). In the event we discover someone with this role, regardless of what he says it is probably the MOST beneficial to lynch him (assuming you are human/human or blue/blue).

Wolf/Seer:

I don't see a whole lot that can be done with this role, besides verifying that no one in his wolf group is a double wolf or lying to him about his other dimension role (assuming they even decide to disclose these roles.)

Wolf/Wolf

This is a very interesting role, seeing as IF someone has this role they get to make the call of which dimension they want to focus on, seeing as they can easily get one of their allies wolfed and one lynched (possibly.)

Other notes:

In the event there is a wolf/blue, I'd like to tell you to strongly consider how confident you are in your group of wolves to win the game before choosing to go with the seemingly easier choice, and to at LEAST wait to see how your blue dimension goes before deciding on whether or not to use your blue role solely to aid you in your wolf dimension.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #30
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I don't really see what you're trying to get at here. The only way a seer could get in trouble by contacting the people they've seered green in one dimension is if a Human/wolf (dimensions respectivly) lets it slip to a wolf in both dimensions that XXX is the seer in the dimension where he is human. That would be the only possible reason to watch your back as the seer.

Pretty much saying is, seers need to not trust people in one dimension because they are green.

BTW FLAW... I'll analyze your points right now brb
Old 03-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #31
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Meant to add this, It's highley unlikely there's another seer/seer person. Just because someone is the seer in one dimension, doesn't mean hes the seer in the other. Having it happen to kilga was low odds indeed. Having it happen twice? Someone else can run the numbers, but It's probably like a < 1% chance of happening twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 03-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #32
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post

Not necessarily Manti, you must consider the fact that taking out the seer night one sets back the humans quite a bit, yet the wolves will remain uninformed and still be quite conservative, therefore prolonging that dimension's game, and giving them a chance to close their game out first (which they will especially want to do if they are dimension 2 wolves.)

Old 03-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #33
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

otherwise stated, the only reason a wolf in D1 has for killing a blue in D2 is if the humans are winning in D2 faster than the wolves are winning in D1. So it's still a good idea to contact who you seer green.

edit: good lord 5 people ninja'd in there... this was meant to be in response to manticore's original response to roundbox.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #34
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawofhumanity View Post
Seer/Seer:

If someone has this role, we have a HUGE advantage now with the elimination of the master wolf, double seer everyone and come to them as you do. This role is very unlikely, therefore we can't depend on it of course.
Role very unlikely. Anyways, if he dies, we're pretty much screwed for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawofhumanity
Seer/Guard:

This is another interesting role. You should seer as you normally would (conservatively and keeping the information to yourself for the first couple nights at least in my opinion, as coming forward with any information to anyone is extremely risky), and try to use your Guard role liberally, guarding whoever is being the biggest asset in the day of the dimension you are a guard in.
lol, i suck

Quote:
Wolf/Guard:

This double special role would be very detrimental for the humans, as the wolf would likely guard one of his wolf friends from the other dimension in the guard dimension, seeing as wolves are much more likely to win (in my opinion). In the event we discover someone with this role, regardless of what he says it is probably the MOST beneficial to lynch him (assuming you are human/human or blue/blue).
Wolf trump card.

Quote:
Wolf/Seer:

I don't see a whole lot that can be done with this role, besides verifying that no one in his wolf group is a double wolf or lying to him about his other dimension role (assuming they even decide to disclose these roles.)
As I said, can choose which dimension he/she favors most.

Quote:
Wolf/Wolf

This is a very interesting role, seeing as IF someone has this role they get to make the call of which dimension they want to focus on, seeing as they can easily get one of their allies wolfed and one lynched (possibly.)
This is what the wolf/guardian would protect, no doubt. They're a good asset to the wolves, but can be lost easily if lynched.

Quote:
Other notes:

In the event there is a wolf/blue, I'd like to tell you to strongly consider how confident you are in your group of wolves to win the game before choosing to go with the seemingly easier choice, and to at LEAST wait to see how your blue dimension goes before deciding on whether or not to use your blue role solely to aid you in your wolf dimension.
Pick your favorite dimension, still, pretty much.

ME STUFF.

Pretty much try and find the w/g first so they can't guard the w/w. If that role exists, that is.

EDIT x 7:
lol, done with this post

Last edited by roundbox; 03-23-2007 at 05:31 PM..
Old 03-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #35
X3R0H0UR
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to X3R0H0UR

i don't think the chance of a double seer is effected by the previous occurence of it last roll.

I agree with the proposition for the wolf/seer (thats a slash for each dimension, which is how i recommend for clerity purposes we handle that), about weighing which way to play, and not just abandoning the blue role.

Manti, the two are not exclusive because your role in one might be furthered overall, improving your chances to win in both situations by eliminating a certain player whose roles you've discovered, or think you have.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #36
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Oh. Alright because a wolf/human would want to slow down the progress of day 2 because if he wins in day 2 he gets a neutral-victory, but if he wins in day 1 he gets a straight out victory.

Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 03-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #37
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

x3ro is right. Chances of it happening again are irrelevant from whether it happened first time or not. If we assume we have a fixed seer in dimension 1 (which we essentially do), then that person has a 1/16 chance of being seer in the other, so there's your overall odds. We each have a (1/16) * (1/16) chance, but overall it's just (1/16). Also, roundbox, don't edit posts in the game. Just a friendly reminder.
-Bowser
Old 03-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #38
StoicRoivaS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to StoicRoivaS

Btw, for the sake of everyone, please try to refrain from calling dimension 1 D1 or dimension 2 D2, the customary abbreviations for Day 1 and Day 2 respectively. It'll help everyone.

As someone (roundbox?) was noting earlier, we need to be a bit more careful with our seer'ings than normal. It's nearly guaranteed that there exists a wolf that's green/blue in the other dimension, meaning that if you seer them in their human dimension, you have to be extra cautious in going to them, even without the master wolf. I can't think of a great way around this yet, but I'm sure there has to be something that's moderately safe. I'll think on it some more.
-Bowser
Old 03-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #39
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

either way, not much can be done for now. The actions of night one haven't taken place yet, and once they do, we can affiliate the actions of night one and day one to assume what will occur in dimension 2. The puzzle will slowly come together past the first day of both dimensions.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #40
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

DAY 1, DIMENSION 1: FoJaR is dead

Day 1, Dimension 1 will end Sunday, at 10:00PM, EDT. GOOD LUCK