Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #21
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16
Default Re: TWG XXXVIII: THE RACE POSTGAME

I apologise for my inactivity. I had to go to hospital for an operation on game day 1 i think, i did PM foJaR with this info, then my computer had a massive old virus on it so i lost net access for a few days, so meh i couldn't really do much this game

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #22
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

i really think that any advantage caused by hidden votes could have easily been removed if the humans had kept their roles secret, especially with the "send your votes to three people" thing. i was assuming you'd do that, or at least have people post their votes for the day before, which would still hold them accountable.

all it would have taken is a little luck and the wolves might have offed one of their own. but once they know that poisoners are out there and how they work, it's not very difficult for them to not only stay safe, but as DBP proved, even get the kill they want, on a night they get poisoned.

i really dont think you can blame the game for being "unbalanced". so many of you had roles that could get you killed, and you went telling practically everyone anyways.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #23
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
i really dont think you can blame the game for being "unbalanced". so many of you had roles that could get you killed, and you went telling practically everyone anyways.
What were we supposed to do? If everyone kept thier secret roles and the wolves were left to their own devices, I don't see how any wolf could have been found except by dumb luck.

And roles like mine, who alter the votes, would change the voting patterns, thus confusing the humans and/or causing the lynch of someone who is actually helpful.

Assuming no one told their roles, humans had no information to deal with except faulty voting patterns that can only be obtained once a day.

Games with no strategy or public path don't do well. I mean what do we post about if their's nothing to go on? All we can do is speculate on things we can't figure out if they are real or not. At least by having some info out their, we could decipher it, weigh it, and manipulate it. Otherwise we sit there and lynch players who talk a lot because it's the only activity to go off of.

I'm not sure if this game was balanced or not, but I do know that leaving everything quiet would have been worse than not saying anything.

Stoic and I were discussing roles and if they could be wolf or not, and in so doing we found that disco and vash had to be linked for their "roles" to work. An obvious sign of falsehood that we didn't catch until we were dead. So there was stuff out there to help.

You might as well figure that if someone has a role, they are going to reveal it to someone sometime.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:47 AM   #24
FoJaR
The Worst

how do you find wolves in games with no seers? regular games where you've got a guardian and maybe a psychic? eh?

i'm not saying to leave everything quiet, or not to tell ANYONE, but everyone on this forum seems to think that a human alliance = wolf defeat. yall are so eager to have an alliance that you dont think of the consequences. it's mindless.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:38 AM   #25
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm in no way advocating for human alliances.

You say how do you find wolves, but if you have a game with little to begin with, you have little to talk about and little to gain from anything. I'm not saying set games up where alliances are made. I hate games like that (only because the alliance leader has to do EVERYTHING).

I'm saying set games up where there can be a couple of paths taken, couple of strategies to discuss, something where you can get people's opinion on, not just going off behaviors and baseless theories. Controversy creates evidence, so if there's something to disagree on, then there's something to lie about, then there's someone to catch.

Games with a guardian and a psychic can work fine if there is some gameplay plot that affects the game. If the game ONLY had a guardian and a psychic then the game would go no where. Actually you might have the psychic reveal himself and have a 2 man alliance but that's it. Luck would play more of a role than anything.

EDIT: btw who has an idea for the next game? Let's try to start this up next week when all the festivities are over.

Last edited by iggymatrixcounter; 11-24-2006 at 02:40 AM..
Old 11-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #26
FoJaR
The Worst

allz i'm saying is that there are plenty of games with little information, and especially in a game where if you dont post you get thrown out, where you dont need to worry about inactive players, there are ways of catching wolves in lies.

shash has been pushing for a normal game (guardian psychic seer) which i'd definitely be down for.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #27
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

yea but what do you post about?

Anyways, shash's game sounds kool but anytime you have a guardian and a seer you have an alliance. If that's the type of game he wants, then I'm all for it.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #28
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I hated this game. (no offense or anything, it just really got on my nerves)

Oh, and I wanted to host a normal game a while ago but I don't think I want to host anymore. But i'd be REALLY willing to play one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:42 PM   #29
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

I believe I only fully gave my role out to Jurs, Hans, and Iggy. The only reason I went to Hans and Jurs was because they kept thinking I was a wolf early in the game. She finally believed me when I told her I poisoned her, but then that was messed up when she found out about HiThey claiming the same role. At that point, both Hans and Jurs got suspicious of me, and ended up getting suspicious of Iggy when I told them of his comfirmedness.

I was very careful when talking to DBP, Stoic, and Observer. I was very iffy with Stoic due to how he killed Mini with no one really caring, but I wasn't ALWAYS ignoring you (just once, I think). I was also careful with DBP and Stoic because they both knew my role from some other source (Hans?), though I never told anyone besides the original three people. Thus, I made sure I gave away as little information as I could.

As for next game, I was thinking of hosting one of two ideas:

1) A cloning game. It would be a "normal" setup with a twist: there would be two guardians, two seers, etc. (not sure about anything with wolves yet), but every night only one of each role's picks would be chosen. So if A and B were guardians, I would flip a coin to determine whose guarding pick gets chosen. As for the wolves, I was thinking of maybe two wolf teams of two people, with the teams having no knowledge of each other. The kills would then work the same way as the guardings.

And a little optional icing would be to put two "clone" roles in the game, that would PM me Night 1 and tell me whose role they would like to clone, perhaps including wolves (with obvious balancing issues that could be worked out so there doesn't end up being 6 wolves or anything).

2) I go to a bunch of TWG vets (Tass, Hans, Fish, Afro, Jurs, etc.) and ask them about their favorite three games of TWG to date. Then we could use that to make the next game an emulation of one of those, hopefully giving back the good ol' TWG feel.
╚═╝ ║lll║ ║

OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT
Old 11-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #30
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I like number 2.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #31
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

This game sucked balls.

I was green and had absolutely nothing to do. No roles to discuss, no votes or suspicions to discuss, no patterns to analyze. Maybe if we all had an interesting role it could have gone better for me, but as it was, the whole thing was a waste of the minimal time I put into it.

In fact, the day I was lynched I sent three different votes to the three different people JUST so that I would have something to discuss the next day when that was revealed. Then, it was revealed, but since nobody read the lists, nobody commented on it.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 PM   #32
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

gg guys.

I AM awful sorry for letting y'all down. Inactive adn all that./
Old 11-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #33
Samineru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Samineru

How does one sign up for the next game?
Old 11-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #34
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

A host will be chosen and they will make the game setup. They will run signups and you will be given the chance to signup. (first come first serve basis)
Old 11-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #35
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

lol whoever lost

gj whoever won but lol still

Also whoever was complaining about lack of information may note that BemaniStyle played about 30 games with no real seer-based alliance and the wins were still split about 50-50, so it can be done.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #36
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Those BMS games probably let the players know what roles were in the game and had votes posted publicly, though.

I don't care about the alliance.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #37
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

iggy seemed to be ranting on seer-less games in general.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:38 AM   #38
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

No I don't mind seers, the more info the better. I was merely stating that if you have a seer and a guardian, then you have an alliance.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #39
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Archived 5-21-2014 11:58 AM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Closed Thread