Old 03-8-2011, 01:19 AM   #521
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Settings are saved in a flash save file. Which is saved per application, controlled by flash itself.
Well I'd thought I let you guy know something I realized, but you may know already.

I was looking up Stepmania Micro, which is an experimental Stepmania game using HTML. It's being worked on and tested on multiple browsers.

I took it upon myself to connect my external USB keyboard into my Wii and use the Wii's internet browser to try it. It is powered by opera, which supports this stepmania experiment. I checked it and it was a huge fail, the game couldn't even start.

I was a bit curious, and I visited FFR on the Wii and tried the game. I was really surprised to find that the game works perfectly. I play index, so the default button layout doesn't bother me. I noticed that I had to play songs around 8 because the Speed mod couldn't be edited. I tried to change it and save it, but once I exited the settings, it just reverted back to default. The gameplay was smooth, and there was no lag in time (at least imo). Being a long time DDR player, the 1x (C310 is it?) mod wasn't that hard to read for me. But the higher difficulty songs are too dense to read without some sort of custom speed mod. Using my keyboard on the Wii was no problem. and the Wii-mote as a mouse worked perfectly fine.

I was wondering if you guys would like to look into this. If you can make FFR function on the Wii using its Internet Channel, you can make it playable on TV's and whatnot. Just a suggestion, but the game has no noticeable problem. I don't recall trying the Velocity engine though.

Just to expand your game to more browsers and "consoles" in a sense.

Last edited by ddrxero64; 03-8-2011 at 01:26 AM..
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 01:24 AM   #522
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
Well I'd thought I let you guy know something I realized, but you may know already.

I was looking up Stepmania Micro, which is an experimental Stepmania game using HTML. It's being worked on and tested on multiple browsers.

I took it upon myself to connect my external USB keyboard into my Wii and use the Wii's internet browser to try it. It is powered by opera, which supports this stepmania experiment. I checked it and it was a huge fail, the game couldn't even start.

I was a bit curious, and I visited FFR on the Wii and tried the game. I was really surprised to find that the game works perfectly. I play index, so the default button layout doesn't bother me. I noticed that I had to play songs around 8 because the Speed mod couldn't be edited. I tried to change it and save it, but once I exited the settings, it just reverted back to default. The gameplay was smooth, and there was no lag in time (at least imo). Using my keyboard on the Wii was no problem. and the Wii-mote as a mouse worked perfectly fine.

I was wondering if you guys would like to look into this. If you can make FFR function on the Wii using its Internet Channel, you can make it playable on TV's and whatnot. Just a suggestion, but the game has no noticeable problem. I don't recall trying the Velocity engine though.

Just to expand your game to more browsers and "consoles" in a sense.
HTML games are bound to fail as consoles have bad javascript support.

FFR is quite playable on the PS3, you can't map keys but most things work. I just can't see myself working on making it work on consoles as the main problem with them is the flash support itself.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 01:29 AM   #523
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Ah, I see. No problem. It was cool to use the Wii-mote with FFR, it kinda made it fun. If the arrows were a bit bigger and other things were modified (it doesn't matter, it's not going to be lol) it would make a great game to play on the Wii too. Just for the different interaction and multiple platform support.

But yea, if the problem lies in the console itself, there's no need for you to work on it I guess. Unless the browser can be enhance or replaced by hacking the Wii, there's no real easy way to make it work.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 11:09 AM   #524
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz
Default Re: Playlists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeone View Post
Hi, i used to play FFR a lot back in the day, but since the new site came back, i havent been on much. i was wondering if there was a way to set a playlist of songs to play in the favorites section, and if not, add one?
This has been a long-standing item on the development wish-list. Hopefully we'll get it someday.

I didn't even notice that apparently the favorites genre works now haha. Awesome!
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

Last edited by All_That_Chaz; 03-8-2011 at 12:26 PM..
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 11:41 AM   #525
Velocity
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Playlists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeone View Post
Hi, i used to play FFR a lot back in the day, but since the new site came back, i havent been on much. i was wondering if there was a way to set a playlist of songs to play in the favorites section, and if not, add one?
Could you explain more about what you mean?
Old 03-8-2011, 12:27 PM   #526
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Maybe auto-playing a sequence of songs?
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 03:34 PM   #527
Niala
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Niala Send a message via Skype™ to Niala

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
Maybe auto-playing a sequence of songs?
This would be really cool +1
Niala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2011, 03:54 PM   #528
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

well before i throw this out there, i know that mods get a lot of PM's via prochat.. but i was wondering if possible adding an option in prochat to play a sound when you get a PM.

edit: just as i posted "[3:53 PM] PM < taniamay: hey whats up;" ironic

Last edited by m0de; 03-8-2011 at 03:56 PM..
m0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #529
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Auto-playing a sequence of songs would be so helpful in unlocking certain skill tokens. EternuS comes to mind, as it requires 4 long songs to be passed in a specific order.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #530
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You should make BNS an option on the engine. Like mirror.
iironiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #531
I like it
Housekeeper
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Is there any way that the Extended Level Stats page could be fixed? I know it's not really important, I just saw it and there seemed to be several songs missing.
I like it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #532
xBBx Takedown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to xBBx Takedown

Idk if this is a good idea but it would be pretty cool if you could separate the songs into artists in the song drop list. That'd be pretty sweet, honestly.
Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #5-1st Place(D3B)
Best FMO Score-Battle Theme #37(8.0.0.1)
Best AAA-Sword Strike
Best BF-Be Princess and Mute City Remix
xBBx Takedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #533
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Maybe have the extended list of the regional ranks in our region so we know what we have to beat to move up? Obviously it'd be pointless to have it for every region but only seeing the top 10 doesn't help for someone like me who's #20 and I've been stuck there for a while.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #534
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
Didn't see these in the first post anywhere but if they were suggested before forgive me.

Site:
In the recently played box, it gives a "playback link" which is completely pointless as FFR no longer automatically saves replays, and never allows you to see a playback of the song. This should probably just be removed all together.

MP:
- FFR MP should have the "save replay" box as well as single player, because there are definately times where awesome runs / aaa's are achieved in multiplayer.
- (more for spectators) maybe a small icon or color signifying the current score leader while a game is going on.
- When mp masking is full, it's essentially just a big black box over the right side of the screen. I think it would be nice if when you select full, it pretty much looks like single player when you play a song.
- Maybe in the game creation options, allow for choice of whether winning is raw or combo based, or if level is considered at all. I don't know if this will ever happen, but I figured I'd bring it up again. MP would be a lot more based on "trying as good as you possibly can" instead of "mash as good as you possibly can" if raw scoring became an option.

I was just about to suggest that holy crap.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #535
Glucuronolactone
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Glucuronolactone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
Maybe have the extended list of the regional ranks in our region so we know what we have to beat to move up? Obviously it'd be pointless to have it for every region but only seeing the top 10 doesn't help for someone like me who's #20 and I've been stuck there for a while.
I like this idea. I'm curious to know whose rank I have to crawl over in order to get ahead in my region. I think I've found my competitive side and it'd definitely give me an incentive to play even more FFR if I could compare myself to the person below me and see what it takes to get in front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Take the good in with the bad, change what you can, accept what you can't, and reach out to ask for help whenever you're incredibly overwhelmed.

Glucuronolactone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #536
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

MP:

- It might be a dumb idea, but, in MP, I'd like to know whether the other player accidentally clicked once on a song or is actually loading it. In both cases, the background circle is yellow... There is no difference at all to help the waiting player.

For users with slow loading times, this gets confusing and often caused me loading songs the other one didn't want to pick, and so forth.

- It was suggested before, but I never heard from the idea again... It would be neat if we could click on the other player's song instead of selecting it, still in MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 03-20-2011 at 08:35 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:41 AM   #537
Velocity

IF YOU WANT ANYTHING NEW ADDED INTO MULTIPLAYER FOR VELOCITY ENGINE, NOW IS THE TIME TO SPEAK!!! ... huh
Old 03-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #538
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Please give us a list of your planned features, and update it as they are suggested.

(Also a front page post would be cool)
Old 03-23-2011, 03:59 AM   #539
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

-Button that picks opponent's song,
-Different color for 'song loading',
-Make full mask look like single player.
-Make unrated games possible.
-Make autofail work.
-Probably getting ahead of you, but more than two players per room maybe in the distant future?

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #540
I like it
Housekeeper
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Being able to wager credits on matches, have an "unload" song button for if you click the wrong song. Make it have a clear indicator of who won and who lost in the match, give support for maybe three to four people matches. I don't know if you can already but being able to unlock token songs in mp.
I like it is offline   Reply With Quote