Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #61
Endrilliance
ʘ‿ʘ
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Endrilliance
Default Re: [20000 credit giveaway] Recommend your favourite anime series to moi

Berserk, Deadman Wonderland, Blue Gender, Kamumeiki Valrave, Freezing + Freezing Vibration
Endrilliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #62
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: [20000 credit giveaway] Recommend your favourite anime series to moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx View Post
5 Centimeter Per Second: honestly one of the most thought-provoking anime/movies I've seen in a while. In the beginning of the first episode, I felt like it's going to be filled with bs romance that's already been overly portrayed in other animes but I was completely wrong. It made me think, and sad. I watched it with my sister and she had tears streaming down her face already half-way through the first episode. Only downside was that I felt the last episode was quite rushed, the "short-story" scenes at the very end could've been explored further to give a more constructive story of what happened between takkaki and akari. 9/10 nonetheless.
Just watched it. That was a lot better than most anime movies I have seen. Actually it was very good in every aspect.

Go check out Colourful (movie)

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 09-30-2013 at 09:53 PM..
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #63
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
mirai nikki has a strong first half but completely takes a nosedive into shit for the ending

elfen lied is pretty much you watch it for exploding bodies haha blood everywhere must be so good series right !!

samurai champloo is tight

accel world was total shit and was a waste of time jesus christ I want my time back

guilty crown is pretty much the most ground defying anime of the decade and that's not in a manner of light which can be passed off as acceptably good. in other words, if you want to bathe in shit, you watch this series

eva might be an anime for it's time and decade but it's still over rated for its own good. still worth watching though

cowboy bebop is a classic

gurren lagann is the manliest anime you will ever watch srsly. you will go in as a prepubescent boy and finish the series as the next mr universe weightlifting champion

another you watch for the ridiculous death scenes

robotics;notes isn't up there with steins;gate god tier but at the very least it was better than the complete shit tier mess than was chaos;head. maybe a middle ground for both

fate/zero is god tier. fate/stay night was shit but this series ascended into the heavens and left fate/stay in a bottomless pit never to be seen again

angel beats is over rated and boring

toradora is also over rated but it has its moments which gives it a pass

welcome to the nhk is funny if you can relate to be an anti-social shut in protagonist

hidamari sketch is the kind of series you leave playing in the background while you're busy talking away about life with a couple of broskis after a few drinks and a long tiring day and you're ready to pass the fuck out. watching it seriously is completely out of the question unless you enjoy watching an underage girl bathe at the end of every episode talking about how her day was

afro samurai is okay but I'd rather watch samurai champloo instead

flcl is something you watch when you want to click the add new anime to completed list on your myanimelist without having to think what you managed to absorb and take in from it

serial experiments lain is weed. if you've never done drugs, this show pretty much simulates it. extra points if you watch this series while baked as fuc

gunslinger girl you only watch if you're the kind of guy that finds it cute when underaged girls kill people

higurashi insert another's reason here, although the ending of the second season completely took a 180 degree turn after climbing towards a climax. it's kinda like mirai nikki syndrome pretty much

madoka is over rated garbage fuck shaft. it's worth the watch but it is in no way a generation defining anime aka eva last generation. also madoka is a blatantly poor ripoff of revolutionary girl utena

and I already said somewhere up top that chaos;head is a complete, total train wreckage of a series. the first few episodes started off as an interesting concept but again the second half takes a nose dive and frankly it becomes an unwatchable abomination
Quote:
highschool of the dead you only watch for tits in your face, zombies, and blatant matrix ripoff shit. damn it's not often I see 17 year old with E-sized titties letting bullets fly through them flawlessly

ghost in the shell is tight

claymore is average. there weren't memorable scenes and frankly the second half and ending put me to sleep from how predictable and anti-climactic it was. hooray another show with big titty girls swinging swords real original right

shingeki no kyojin is hard to judge when the season finale isn't until this saturday, but the episodes leading up until now have been okay. all the plot twists and shit were extremely predictable, and frankly it's way too over hyped by anime watchers as shown by how quickly it climbed up onto the list of top 5 best selling 2000s animes of all time. it's still worth the watch at the very least

great teacher onizuka is a classic, although my memory is hazy with it

free! everything I think about this show is summarized in this image. if you're lazy to click, I'll straight up say that this is why anime is dead and will stay dead

wolf's rain was generic and boring. the concept in itself isn't all that interesting to begin with, so there was only so much it could offer. it gets a pass but I wouldn't recommend watching it
for a mainstream anime, FMA was really good and I hear nothing but good reviews for brotherhood

kaiji is a series focused around the dark side of street gambling if that interests you

last exile is really good from what xiao tells me, and we share a similar viewpoint and preference towards aNiMe

kanon was okay for a visual arts key series, although it took far too long to get anywhere close to being interesting—I recall nothing of major significance happening until the last like 8 episodes. and that's only because it had a sudden change in direction to the plot, which didn't quite harmonize with how the series was initially presented. I personally didn't like the way it turned out, but the series didn't have much to work with from the start and it suffers from it

in retrospect, air was a downfall of a visual arts key series. from beginning to end, it just didn't satisfy and it was already a really boring plot concept initially. not worth watching unless you like extremely sappy, cheesy affectionate story with an ending that makes entirely no sense whatsoever, likely to have been conceived when the direction staff decided to smoke a bowl on the beach under a starry night listening to some tunes being played by a drunk hobo and a frying pan with a broken handle

haruhi is over rated garbage and was a complete waste of time. if you are a fan of haruhi, you might as well list human excrement under the likes field on your profile. the second season added onto the shit factor, and I thought at this point how a shitty series could get even shittier than it already was

deadman wonderland gets a pass that's about it

also shingeki no kyojin is finished airing and my opinion pretty much doesn't change. it's okay as a show, but was too predictable with a huge lack of character development. the so-called plot twists just didn't cut it, and mostly everyone watching this show without reading the manga saw it coming like 6 weeks prior to the reveal

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 09-30-2013 at 10:34 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2013, 11:07 AM   #64
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I would like to note that Gundam-dude doesn't know what he is talking about, so you should put a relative weighting factor of 0.1 on his posts.
MracY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2013, 11:34 AM   #65
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I would like to note that my posts in this thread are entirely for the purpose of satire

frankly, no one should even take anything I say seriously here, other than that one post on the first page where I gave serious recommendations. I'm heavily biased from the get go because I don't give a fuck about the original visual novels or manga

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 10-1-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-4-2013, 04:14 PM   #66
xXAll-ProXx
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

fate/zero is god tier. fate/stay night was shit but this series ascended into the heavens and left fate/stay in a bottomless pit never to be seen again
Fate/Zero.....damnn that was good. I've only seen the first season (1-13ep) and I can't wait to see the rest. I just wanna see Kiritsugu vs. Kirei, and Rider Vs Archer. There are some weak episodes where there is not much development but mostly amazing and I can't take my eyes off the screen. 9/10

I will decide the 20k Credit winner anime by the end of October, there is still a lot of recommended anime I haven't seen