Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events

Old 02-4-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Default Unofficial Team Tourney Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread
Yep, title says it all. Feel free to throw out your ideas on how this Team Tourney should and will work.

Tourney Starting Date - February 27th or March 1st

Organizers, helpers, updaters etc...
Oni-Paranoia (Xmod player)
All team leaders/founders

Post if you want to help

There are 4 Teams to participate in this Tourney.

Black
Chaos
Red
Blue

Ive come to the decision to use multiple FFR related events instead of just a regular tourney. So event ideas that require anything and everything of FFR.
Another decision, each event (if more than one) will accumulate overall points and/or event wins to tally in at the end.

Ideas
Free-for-All Tourney - Just like any regular tourney using players from Teams only. 4 Divisions only, not 5.

Showdown - 30 players from all teams play ONE song and there scores are added up, highest score wins. (this does put Black into a disadvantage) Number will vary throughout time

Kongregate?? - Not sure if anyone rly feels like making this seem look like one of Rubix's flash tourney things.

FFR Trivia/Scavenger hunt?? - This is only for players, not leaders. Questions about the past and present of FFR relating to anything that can be found.

Point System Tourney - Players must pass a challenge, players that pass that challenge score points for there team. (Ex. 32 avgs on Excite Bike) [Minacious]

Mash Round - Players mash a selected song, most boos wins. (Team Effort) [Bolth mannn]

Attack!! - Players play using FFR mods (theres only like 3 that cant be multiple selected so this pisses me off). i.e. Rose with Dizzy [GG_Guru]

Anti-Pa tourney - Players aim for getting Averages and Goods rather than perfects. Each timing grade scores them a certain anount of points. Most accumulative points for the team wins. [kjwkjw]

Currently using all above ideas excluding Kongregate

Throw out your ideas!!!

Last edited by Oni-Paranoia; 02-7-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Team Tourney Discussion Thread

I'd say probably do it Survivor style like Jteh and JugglingGuy did. Reward challenges involving Kongregate or the 1st person to correctly answer one of the FFR trivia questions.

I'd say more but I don't wanna steal any other ideas.
Old 02-4-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
HighAndr0id
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

team split tourny

HighAndr0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

I'm all for the free-for-all and showdown ones. Not really sure about the last two but that's just cause I'm not not into those types of things.

Oh and I can't wait for an event to start. It's going to be oodles of fun. =D
Old 02-4-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

i dont like the idea of kong, or divisions, or a conventional style tournament

Imo each round should consist of a unique event where some sort of goal is to be achieved by the participants (ex. 32 avs on excite bike), and for each member of a team attaining this goal a point is scored for that particular team. Weight points according to difficulty of event etc etc team with highest points at the end wins.

also could change it up and award higher points for closest to achieve a goal in the event nobody does or reward the fastest to post for a certain event etc etc

ps. yiff yiff
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Unofficial Team Tourney Discussion Thread

The point system tourney sounds like a really good idea. That way, even people who can't AAA FMO's, etc. can participate in a part of the tournament.

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Free-for-all Tournament sounds good. Kongregate sounds like it could work out fine. (Flash games in general.) FFR Trivia...I suppose that could work out, but it probably shouldn't be the entire round within a team tournament. (That is, if all of these ideas are going to be incorporated in to one team tournament.) But yeah, it could be made to work out I'm sure.

I'm not too sure about Showdown. Team Red lacks in number, so it would have to be lower than 30 if you want to involve all of the teams fairly. Problem is, if we make it something lower so that all teams can have enough players for, Team Black will have a ridiculous advantage.

I understand that each team will have advantages in some aspects, but I would prefer that any tournament modes we engage in would keep advantages at a minimal level with equal participation. (I know the advantages wouldn't be balanced within the master division of the free-for-all tournasment, but when you look at the tournament as a whole, the advantages are balanced.)

The way I can see Showdown working well is if you took a few people from each division on each team. (Instead of just being able to select the 30 best or whatever. I know that wasn't implied, but I'm just pointing it out.) Problem is, you can't really do that with Team Black or Team Red and have it mix well with the other teams. (Team Black because your team is pure master/expert players and Team Red because they are lacking in the expert+ players.) Basically, I don't see Showdown completely working right away with the teams in their current state. Team Chaos, Team Blue, and Team Black could probably do it with just a few expert and master players each, though.

Edit: Yeah, a point system would be a good idea.

Last edited by HammyMcSquirrel; 02-4-2009 at 06:40 PM..
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Run like a normal tour, but have like each team chooses like X amount of people to represent in a divsion. Like Say team Blue chooses 5 beg, inter, adv. etc to represent that them in the tourn. But teams like Chaos and Black pick like 5-10 people from their team since they are more to one division.

I think I just made this sound really confusing. XD
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

how exactly will this tourny work...will it be something like last player in each team that is left wins? but that probs wouldnt work because then we'd be turning against each other...so im guessing your going different rounsd, and biggest scoring team wins...so in that case...

i hate min, but i like her idea about tough scores on different songs, like av-flags, 32 ave on excite bike...all goods on synthlight, and other things like that. that could probably work.

i dont really know how trivia would work, cause you cant really work as a team to answer those...

uhmm, how bout a mash round...most boos on a certain song or something, above 200 boos = 1 point, 300 boos, 2 point etc. (dont get mad at me causse i suggested mashing im just throwing out ideas) and the top 10 people in each team (boo-wise) would have their scores counted.

uhmm i cant really think of anything else roundwise...to make things even,it would really depend on what the round was. if it was anything to do with FFR and you decided to go with mins idea, you could make it a different task for each team (harder task for black, etc)

thats all i can think of atm
Old 02-4-2009, 07:06 PM   #10
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
Run like a normal tour, but have like each team chooses like X amount of people to represent in a divsion. Like Say team Blue chooses 5 beg, inter, adv. etc to represent that them in the tourn. But teams like Chaos and Black pick like 5-10 people from their team since they are more to one division.

I actually really like this idea, it adds more strategy to the tournament this way.
Old 02-4-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
norsegod666
Well hello there!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to norsegod666

A Scavenger Hunt for different things FFR related? This would take a bit of setting up but it would be fair for all teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
what
how theactual fuck

R YOU SURE YOU CAN"T SEE THIS?
norsegod666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

PS: can team red with green polkadots particiapate too?
Old 02-4-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
DJAirWave
Why am I still here?
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsegod666 View Post
A Scavenger Hunt for different things FFR related? This would take a bit of setting up but it would be fair for all teams.
There have been to many of those already.
DJAirWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 07:30 PM   #14
kjwkjw
>w<

There has been a successful anti-PA tournament in the past... how about a team anti-PA tourney? (There can be... say, about 5 people from each team participating in each round. They all play the same song, and going by 2 points per average, 1 point per good, or something like that, the team with the highest cumulative total gets 6 Grade Points, 2nd highest total gets 4, and so on. The entire tournament can consist of about 8 rounds, after which the team with the most Grade Points will win)

EDIT: Or maybe we can go by the in-game score (the score at the bottom of the screen when playing a song), and the team with the lowest cumulative total gets 6 Grade Points for that round, etc. (They must all pass the song, of course)

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)

Last edited by kjwkjw; 02-4-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Old 02-4-2009, 07:33 PM   #15
reptile3141
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm not a fan of free-for-all tournaments AT ALL. The point system tourny seems best to me.
reptile3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 07:46 PM   #16
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Free-for-all Tournament sounds good. Kongregate sounds like it could work out fine. (Flash games in general.) FFR Trivia...I suppose that could work out, but it probably shouldn't be the entire round within a team tournament. (That is, if all of these ideas are going to be incorporated in to one team tournament.) But yeah, it could be made to work out I'm sure.

I'm not too sure about Showdown. Team Red lacks in number, so it would have to be lower than 30 if you want to involve all of the teams fairly. Problem is, if we make it something lower so that all teams can have enough players for, Team Black will have a ridiculous advantage.

I understand that each team will have advantages in some aspects, but I would prefer that any tournament modes we engage in would keep advantages at a minimal level with equal participation. (I know the advantages wouldn't be balanced within the master division of the free-for-all tournasment, but when you look at the tournament as a whole, the advantages are balanced.)

The way I can see Showdown working well is if you took a few people from each division on each team. (Instead of just being able to select the 30 best or whatever. I know that wasn't implied, but I'm just pointing it out.) Problem is, you can't really do that with Team Black or Team Red and have it mix well with the other teams. (Team Black because your team is pure master/expert players and Team Red because they are lacking in the expert+ players.) Basically, I don't see Showdown completely working right away with the teams in their current state. Team Chaos, Team Blue, and Team Black could probably do it with just a few expert and master players each, though.

Edit: Yeah, a point system would be a good idea.

The free-for-all works because its not a team effort.
Showdown was thought up fairly quickly and was supposed to give a disadvantage in amount to team Black purposely. But I do see the random choice of players are something similar working fairly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post

Yea, I have no idea what you mean =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
how exactly will this tourny work...will it be something like last player in each team that is left wins? but that probs wouldnt work because then we'd be turning against each other...so im guessing your going different rounsd, and biggest scoring team wins...so in that case...

i hate min, but i like her idea about tough scores on different songs, like av-flags, 32 ave on excite bike...all goods on synthlight, and other things like that. that could probably work.

i dont really know how trivia would work, cause you cant really work as a team to answer those...

uhmm, how bout a mash round...most boos on a certain song or something, above 200 boos = 1 point, 300 boos, 2 point etc. (dont get mad at me causse i suggested mashing im just throwing out ideas) and the top 10 people in each team (boo-wise) would have their scores counted.

uhmm i cant really think of anything else roundwise...to make things even,it would really depend on what the round was. if it was anything to do with FFR and you decided to go with mins idea, you could make it a different task for each team (harder task for black, etc)

thats all i can think of atm
This tourney needs to include all team members and teams one way or another, so thats why i want it to be multiple events if so.
Id never make any of you play a Synthlight file.
Mash round would me difficult.. vibrators + RATO = Pwnt so it would have to be like a FMO or something difficult to mash.

No, There is no reason to go harder on Team Black. It was the last team made. Not my fault I just happen to be a good leader and recruit amazing players with the help of my fellow companions. It was fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsegod666 View Post
This could be a blend of the Trivia. i.e. When did the first skill token ever come out??
Old 02-4-2009, 07:51 PM   #17
GG_Guru
Let em' do what they want
FFR Veteran

Here's an idea: Each player has to play a song using settings such as Dizzy, Tornado, Hidden, Sudden, Stealth, etc.

You can also have each team play on alternate arrow mode or sideways (left/right)? To produce more of a challenge.
Old 02-4-2009, 07:59 PM   #18
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
The free-for-all works because its not a team effort.
Well, it depends on how you look at it. If you're thinking about doing it where the last person in each division wins that division for their team, then yes, it really isn't much of a team effort. If you're thinking about doing it similar to how I mentioned it in this post, (where you have a team score per round and the team with the most "round wins" wins) then it can be more of a team effort. I have no preference at this time.
HammyMcSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2009, 08:06 PM   #19
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel View Post
Well, it depends on how you look at it. If you're thinking about doing it where the last person in each division wins that division for their team, then yes, it really isn't much of a team effort. If you're thinking about doing it similar to how I mentioned it in this post, (where you have a team score per round and the team with the most "round wins" wins) then it can be more of a team effort. I have no preference at this time.

I get it now. i.e
10 players in 5 divisions (each).
First Round is GGC for Masters.
All masters on the same team add up there score.
Highest score achieved in that round makes the team win and so forth.

But this strictly puts a disadvantage to Team Black. Since the only legit place to place any team Black member is in 'Masters' therefore each round they only have a chance of winning for that section when clearly other teams can compete in all other rounds.

Im looking at it as a division round win though.. because if its just score OVERALL, masters have the upper hand on harder songs, more steps etc...

Rly don't know how this is going to work atm.
Old 02-4-2009, 08:19 PM   #20
kjwkjw
>w<

Still waiting for what you guys think about an anti-PA tournament.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...25#post2973088