Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-4-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Crossover Spectrum Official Tournament A

Greetings and welcome to the first Crossover Spectrum Official Tournament! I am pleased to announce that this tournament will be entirely new content with respect to Crossover Spectrum. Some of you may already know the series, and if you don't you can find a summary on the About page on the Crossover Spectrum website. I've waited to do one of these tournaments ever since I started the Crossover Spectrum series November 2nd, 2013 and I'm excited to bring forward this tournament!

Table of Contents
• Description
• Signing Up
• Tournament Format
• Scoring
• Submission Guidelines
• Etiquette
• Prizes

§ Description

This is a pad-play based tournament which does not require an FFR or AIJ account. Submissions are described later in the post, as well as the signup process.

The tournament will be 6 rounds long with 3 divisions, with each round being a crossover-based chart. The difficulty to play will be clearly stated (Medium, Hard, or Challenge). Divisions 1 and 2 will have an upper flight (A) and a lower flight (B). Division 3 is the highest division. More information is provided in the Tournament Format section.

§ Signing Up

Applications will be open until October 6th (the start of Round 1).

Send your application to sign up for the tournament to crossoverspectrum@gmail.com and in the e-mail you must answer the following points:
• What is the hardest difficulty on the ITG scale you've ever passed? Describe what the file was like (long streams, technical, etc)
• What is the best score you have gotten? Describe what the file was like.
• What difficulty are you passing now?
• Do you give permission to having proper passes uploaded to the Crossover Spectrum Channel, and do you give permission to having failing runs uploaded to the ZebulonHollus channel? If such videos will be uploaded, you will be notified in advance.

§ Tournament Format

This tournament will be 6 rounds long, and each round will be one week long with one chart to play. Charts for each round will be provided in a downloadable zip on individual round pages that can be accessed from the Crossover Spectrum Tournament Page as the rounds come along.

Rounds will start at 8:00 PM EST on Friday. If it happens to be the case that you do not submit by 8:00 PM EST on Friday, there will be a two-day grace period and you must provide the reason(s) you were late in your submission. After this grace period, if you have not submitted for the round, you will be removed from the tournament. The Rounds will start and end at the times listed in the spoiler below.

Round 1
Round Start: Friday 8:00 PM EST, October 6, 2017
Round End: Friday 8:00 PM EST, October 13, 2017

Round 2
Round Start: Friday 8:00 PM EST, October 13, 2017
Round End: Friday 8:00 PM EST, October 20, 2017

Round 3
Round Start: Friday 8:00 PM EST, October 20, 2017
Round End: Friday 8:00 PM EST, October 27, 2017

Round 4
Round Start: Friday 8:00 PM EST, October 27, 2017
Round End: Friday 8:00 PM EST, November 3, 2017

Round 5
Round Start: Friday 8:00 PM EST, November 3, 2017
Round End: Friday 8:00 PM EST, November 10, 2017

Round 6 (Final)
Round Start: Friday 8:00 PM EST, November 10, 2017
Round End: Friday 8:00 PM EST, November 17, 2017

There are no elimination rounds for this tournament. Your performance is based on how well you do in comparison to the other players in your division. Taking the following example:

Division 1A
TohokuMan - 1020 [3]
Relinquish - 800 [2]
EgoismDude - 440 [1]
XX_Max_300_XX - 300 [0]

In this case Division 1A has four players. The numbers after the dash are the score from the user's submission, and the numbers in the brackets indicate how many points the user gained for that round (i.e. how many other players were beaten that round). The final results will be based off how the player did on all 6 rounds.

A publicly visible online page on the crossover spectrum site will be used to track these scores. This page will come up as Round 1 comes closer to starting and will be updated as the submissions come in.

§ Scoring

Scores will not be evaluated based off the original % scoring. The easiest way to calculate your score is through the score calculator on the site itself. The scoring system that will be used is described in the spoiler below, including an example.

Judgments will be weighted as follows. Whether you pass or fail does not affect the score submission itself, which is why it is important to have fail off.

Fantastic: 5
Excellent: 4
Great: 3
Decent: 2
Way-Off: 1
Miss: -50
Mines: -10
Rolls: 5
OK: 5

For an example, we can take the following score.

(504*5) + (68*4) + (1*-50) + (70*5) = 3092

So the score for this submission would be 3092.

§ Submission Guidelines

This section aims to clarify the submission process for proper scores in the tournament.

Main Guidelines

• No Keyboard play submissions.
• Video submissions are due by the end of the round. You can only make a submission for the current round. There will be a two day grace period for players who were not able to submit for the previous round.
• Send your video submissions to crossoverspectrum@gmail.com for me to take a look at. The video submission can be a link to a video such as on YouTube, or a downloadable video. While there's nothing stopping you from uploading the video to your channel, if I haven't been sent the video for inspection it's still an improper submission.
• Being a submission-based tournament, players can play on their own machines or setup. You will submit a video with your attempt on the song, getting both a full body view and the screen in the video. Concerning the body view, you must have the view from behind and not in front (example). If you split up the video so one side has your body and the other side has the screen, that is also fine (example). It may be the case that you encounter very difficult charts that you struggle to pass, so passing is not an absolute requirement in the submission.
• Doublestepping must be kept to an absolute minimum. If you have concerns about how this is determined, look at the doublestepping guidelines section.
• Decents and Way-Offs must be turned on, no exceptions. StomperZ scores are also not allowed; these songs must be passed on ITG or Stepmania 3.95 normal settings (Stepmania 5 is fine, just make sure to have both the life and judge settings imitate ITG).
• Have fail off. If you happen to fail the chart, wait for the rest of the chart to finish and then calculate your score on the results screen. Note that a failing score may have hundreds of misses; that's fine. Having no submission at all for a round is negative infinity for a score. See the scoring section for calculating what your score looks like.
• CMODs and Mirror are allowed. NoMines is only allowed on charts that don't have mines.
• Common sense also applies and be pleasant. I have the right to deny a video submission as I see necessary, and I also can make changes to these guidelines as I see fit.

Doublestepping Guidelines

With respect to doublestepping, here are some points you can consider if you are concerned about your submission getting rejected.
• Any player that has tried harder charts knows what it is like for their legs to lock up from fatigue. Sometimes you might "stop moving" for a bit and this occurs more frequently for the harder (especially faster) files. On that note, faster charts will have some more leeway when it comes to the locking problem.
• If you constantly find yourself doublestepping from starting on the wrong foot or facing the wrong direction, it may be best for you to look at your trouble spots in the editor so you can see how the turns work. One of the key parts of this pack is that the patterns all work, so if you make an error then you got lost or you fell behind.
• What if you get lost during the file? This goes to the point above. Considering that you are competing against other players in this tournament, it is best for you to reduce the number of doublesteps and turning errors in your scores. In the event that you do get lost, just continue and recover as soon as you can (usually after a few notes you can recover, although that depends on the pattern complexity of the stream you're in).
• Don't get caught off-guard by easier sections or gaps in the file. For example, if a stream ends and then suddenly there's an 8th crossover that you weren't anticipating and you doublestep it, that one occurrence is not going to invalidate your submission (that would be cruel, honestly). However, repeatedly getting caught off-guard in your submission is likely to have it rejected.

As a general rule of thumb: You are competing against other players and it is in your best interest to hit as many patterns as accurately as possible. Accepting a submission isn't going to be super strict, but you definitely need to show that you've put in the effort for the file and that you are legitimately trying to learn or do the crossovers.

§ Etiquette

These rules apply to both the participants and the host (myself).
• Respect everyone, and don't be rude towards anybody. Ad hominem will be taken very seriously and will not be tolerated. If you are found to be rude or insulting for no good reason, you will be removed from the tournament.
• Do not instigate drama or harass other users. This is also a bannable offense under the sitewide rules.
• If there is a problem with your score submission, I will let you know in a timely manner. Any issues concerning the submission will be resolved with me.

§ Prizes

There will be a fairly large money pot for this tournament, although specific prize distribution will be determined once players are assigned to their respective divisions. Every player in Division 3 gets a prize.

When Round 1 starts, the starting prize pot will be revealed. Several additions to the prize pot will be granted through different bonuses, which will not be revealed (players in a sense will "unlock" them, and they generally follow a certain pattern).

If you are interested in chipping in to the prize pot, please let me know. There is no signup fee.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 09-10-2017 at 09:16 AM..