Old 01-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
Mike Weedmark
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Toradora's Awful Truncated Ending

[spoilers like fuck, maybe]

[u dun been warnered]

It's been a few weeks since I finished watching this show for the second time, but I was recently reminded of its lackluster ending and feel the need to vent. Up until episode twenty or so, it was probably the best show I've seen since Clannad (but obviously not besting it, get realious, broski). At that point, it starts hitting you with progressively more mediocre episodes leading into an unsatisfying and underwhelming forced reunion between Taiga and Ryuuji, and there are some things I don't get.

Where was any trace of a "Oh hey, so about that leaving me to live with your mom for a few months with no more than a written note, and no face to face goodbye, thing? I live literally next door." I feel like this was something they should've at least given a few sentences to, considering the nature of their relationship and the fuss the episodes leading up to it made about them developing into people who could handle things like adults.

How did Ryuuji respond to their next encounter with smiles and I Love Yous after being abandoned like that? That's the thing that's most off to me. What happened in the time between? Were they in contact? What happened after? Why was everything about the ending so rushed and tacked on and left unexplained? Does the manga (light novel?) cover this stuff?

I understand that it was supposed to be a moving scene when Taiga shows up in the locker at the end and Ryuuji gets to express feelings he was fixated on for so long and they're together again and happy animu post-credit cuteness and all that bullshit, but my heart just wasn't buying it. Taiga just goddamn took off. Ryuuji should be pissed. Real people get pissed at that shit. Explain.

Like, I want someone to tell me there was supposed to be a proper ending and the studio just ran out of money a la Gainax or something. It's SUUUUUUUUCH a fucking fantastic show for most of it. Why did it suddenly get really weak and amorphous at the end?

Last edited by Mike Weedmark; 01-16-2014 at 03:27 PM..
Mike Weedmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Toradora's Awful Truncated Ending

Its been a little while since i watched this, but I'm pretty sure i didn't think the ending was as great as it should be (Or really the entire second half of the anime, when it shifted focus from more rom/com to rom/dram). I'm not really sure why this happened either, but i just wanted to pop in and say that i agree.

Get Kancho'd

FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:38 AM   #3
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar
Default Re: Toradora's Awful Truncated Ending

minorin is a retard and fucked up the end