Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #3401
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
It is now harder to get a file into ffr than it is to get a file into an sm pack. Everyone so picky on personal shit.
Isn't that the whole point of having multiple judges

BTW If anyone thought I was being unfair to a particular person, just wanna mention that I never even looked up the pack folder so I have no idea who stepped which
PS I wish there was a rule to not mention stepcharter anywhere in the simfile (Looking at you DarkZtar)
PS2 This is my first time to judge an FFR batch.. How did you like it??

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 05-12-2012 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: I revise my posts all the time
Old 05-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #3402
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

7/8/8/8/8/8 - nous (this file was half-assed in certain places, cool it got these ratings though)

6/6/7/7/8/9 - pure ruby (ah, didn't expect this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo
- 56.499s I don't see what this is going to. I'd remove it. Idem at other spots where it happens. Those are all ghost notes.
Listen closely between x0.3-0.5, those are actual 24ths but I see what you mean, not really audible on x1.0.

Quote:
- There are WAY too many jumps at 95.095s. Most of these jumps really don't go to anything at all. This section can easily be toned down while still staying fun. I'm thinking of a "(12)3131" pattern.
Uh, yes they do, I'm layering bass and hi-hats (which is technically correct layering). Seems like everyone has a problem with this part of the file. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase
- 95.09 what merits the consistent 8th note jumps?
sigh...

Also what's the deal with these "oh hurr hurr copy/paste" comments, honestly for a song like Pure Ruby it's going to be needed.

Last edited by AlexDest; 05-12-2012 at 08:25 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #3403
leonid
I am leonid

If a song forces you to use repetitive patterns, chances are it's not an excellent song choice...

Proud member of Team No
Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #3404
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

FML.

I somehow managed to send my old version of my [Resubmission] from five months ago. >_>" 4/10's galore. fuuuuuuucccccccccc.
nothing in the file changed from last batch. *groan*

Last edited by PrawnSkunk; 05-12-2012 at 08:54 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #3405
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

1/2/5/5/6/6

avg 4.16 lol

question Razor: what did you mean by the 0.000 syncing/offset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #3406
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
lol wc's comments are so good

I'll dissect the comments I got later. I question if megamon88 even played Mo-Ko-Mo-Core lol
(there are only eight 8th jacks in the jumpstreams that are 5 arrows long, and nothing longer- for JS that dense you really have no room to call that bad)
So much hating on my stream patterns too. That one is new for me, and not just from one judge either, so I'll have to go over that with the people who mentioned it. That's a criticism I can take seriously.

Anyway next batch I think I'm only going to submit generic ~artfiles~. The files will all be technically perfect forgettable shit nobody will play and they'll get full + ratings and yet everyone will probably hate them when they get released

I've noticed all my attempts to do something different from FFR's status quo are rejected by the judges but well-received when I send the files to other people individually...
That or everyone's just trying to be nice to me? haha I guess I'll find out~
About the Berzerker song I gave a 7 but I also explained why.

I'm not super happy about my results either but whaddaya knoe you just have to accept them

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #3407
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Aww I screwed up some of my bb code in my notes, poop~

2/6/7/7/5/5, average of 5.333, I expected so much worse xD appreciate the notes, nicely done by the new guys too.

Any questions can be directed to be via PM, I'm happy to answer anything or help with anything.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
Old 05-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #3408
megamon88
aka Assertive

Flamingo: 7 / 7 / 9 / 7 / 9 / 8

Hello (Luke Da Duke Remix): 8 / 7 / 9 / 8 / 8 / 9

MLPFiM Medley [Heavy]: 8 / 8 / 8 / 10 / 8 / 9

MLPFiM Medley [Standard]: 8 / 8 / 10 / 8 / 8 / 8

Pinkie's Castle: 8 / 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 / 9

Better than expected

Also:

Quote:
wc:

Flamingo (megamon88) - nice use of shit theory. not many people can make a file get progressively shittier and pull it off with such finesse like you can. flow could use some work especially during the second half and wherever you use rolls.[7/10]

Hello (Luke Da Duke Remix) (megamon88) - i like the part where you ruined the song. that was my favourite XD [8/10]

MLPFiM Medley [Heavy] (megamon88)
for
the
love
of
god
stop
****ing
stepping
renard
jesus
****ing
christ
you
are
worse
than
iironiic
and
lindsey
sterling
jesus
****ing
christ
next
time
i
see
that
you
stepped
a
renard
song
i
will
find
you
and
remove
your
genitalia
in
the
worst
way
possible
and
break
your
hands
and
fingers
so
help
me
god[8/10]

MLPFiM Medley [Standard] (megamon88) i'll let this one slide because its the exact same song as the one i just finished ****ing judging [8/10]

Pinkie's Castle (megamon88) - thats it your dick and fingers are gone. [8/10]
best reviews ever <3 wc

EDIT: Since you asked so nicely I guess next batch I'll make all 5 of my files renard songs instead of just 4 8)

Last edited by megamon88; 05-12-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #3409
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Destination of the Heart: 8/5/8/6/9/6 avg: exactly 7 lol
Cool I guess :3 Will look at suggestions.

SO this being my first go around, whats the cutoff score for being added in game?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #3410
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamon88 View Post
iirc I was trying to find a reason why your stream didn't flow well, and I noticed a lot of 8th jack sections. Can't remember much more right now though.
It doesn't flow well because there is no way to make JS that dense flow well lmfao
It flows about as well as icy's M-A file, which is sort of my benchmark for making alternating JS feel okay.

It's possible to make alternating JS with the longest 8th jack being 3 arrows long, but that leads to repetitive, roll-feeling patterns. So 4 arrow jacks are basically the minimum. I can (and will) clean up those 5 arrow jacks but really I don't think that's the problem with the file.
hint: the problem with the file is that it's boring as fck. which was actually sort of intentional :>

Old 05-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #3411
leonid
I am leonid

icy's M-A file was horrendous why do you benchmark that file ?_?

Proud member of Team No
Old 05-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #3412
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
icy's M-A file was horrendous why do you benchmark that file ?_?
Cause it's fun and all alternating JS by definition is horrendous lol

Sometimes it's nice to set yourself a low bar to jump over, anyway

Last edited by hi19hi19; 05-12-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #3413
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuccen carlos
this is like a triple collab between bmah xandertrax and iironiic. iironiic supplied the shitty white notes to sounds that are kinda different just so it can look pretty and unique n.n bmah provided the terrible gay section and xandertra provided the really awkward everything else. shame on you for trying to take credit on a file you didnt step cyrenics [8/10]
Damn the jig is up guys XD We were so close too...

(j/k)
Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #3414
Tidus810
slimy, yet ... satisfying

Mostly Dark Universe: 9/8/8/6/5/5 ?_? - 6.83
Chronograph: 8/8/7/7/7/6 - 7.17

I like how kommi gives MDU a 9 and then half of the judges apparently didn't enjoy it whatsoever. T_T
I also like how I spent considerably less time on Chronograph, and had nobody look at it prior to submitting it. 100% shot in the dark.
I was honestly hoping for MDU to be the one with good numbers across the board considering the time spent haha, but oh well. :<
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #3415
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Shotgun Surgery: 6-8-7-7-8-6, 7 avg.
Chris R Battle Theme: 6-6-8-7-6-8 6.83 avg

Some judges expressed disagreement for the beginning one handed trills. I personnally find them just brutal enough, considering stamina wreck was my initial mind plan before coming to Samurai with it. I personnally mind a bit about changing them, but I will definitely comply with it if it's going to significantly improve the point. That reaction was a bit expected from the both of us, but we found it worth of trying to put it in like it is now. Changes aren't too big of a deal to undergo

Another point brought up by some of them is the lenght. I find that a bit sad to be honest... And I dunno how much of a problem this is. It's a pretty subjective point of view though, I like it at that lenght and constant density because of two things. A: It's not a repetitive song at all, and B: The whole thing is supposed to be a stamina challenge. But there again, I'll talk about it with Luis, get his opinion etc.

Layering regarding hands and the solos was questionned at multiple parts, and I'll review all the issues with Luis later.

Other issues shouldn't be of any problem to fix (missing arrows, mixed up instruments, minijacks, etc). Still will have to check out with Luis, since he's responsible for the majority of the arrow layering.

I like what most judges had to say though, all very constructive criticism that will definitely help making this file even better (because I friggin' love it!!!), and also I find it cool that almost all judges covered different issues, which made the whole judging even more effective. Very happy with the file reception. It will also help with my future files.

I'm also proud that no one had issues with syncing. I had lots of fun with it (lol color changes that no one noticed for the sake of fun).

Lastly, thank you Luis, for giving me this experience. I wish that if there's a next time, the contribution will be more even from the two of us! I relied on you lots and hell it payed, you really kicked up my understanding of file making. And you're a killer guy.

FIRST OF ALL this file is shit. If I think it's shit, why did I submit it? Because I didn't know what I was sending. Here's the story.

I step with DDream and save my projects on my desktop. When I want to test a file, I copy it in Stepmania's song folder and play it on SM because I'm all over downscroll, which doesn't exist in DDream. On my last SM playthrough, I noted all the remaining errors and fixed them on the day of submission, and didn't play through the final product. I saved on the desktop. Then I when to submit but DERP I sent what was in my SM folder. Stupid me. I was truly hoping for a low pass so I could send decent fixes that already cover most of what the judges had to say, especially regarding most of the jump and anchor questionnings, lol.

However, some things are interesting to me, and I'll surely check these out. I'll do my best to iron those troubles out and as much of the generic-ness as possible too, and send the actual final product.

Great reviews again. I guess I got really lucky!!

You guys kick ass.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #3416
Tidus810

Also, MN, with regards to all of the fine-tuning suggestions you made for the first half of Chronograph -
Quote:
- I don't really buy how you stepped 30.285s. A single note would've been fine.
- At spots like 44.576s, are you stepping the bass? That's alright, but why aren't you stepping the other notes it plays like at 46.516s, 43.694s? It's just not consistent. Either step it all, or don't step it at all.
- The arrow at 53.492s is definitely wrong. We should instead see arrows at 53.463s and 53.521s
- You didn't step your "triple jump bass" at 55.873s, but you did it at 61.518s. I know there is supposed to be a progression in the chart, but the way you ignore some audio cues and step them afterwards can't really fall under the progression category, like in this case.
I understand the inconsistencies you're making note of, but I'm just letting you know that I was going for more expressive steps there. That is to say, I chose to stop stepping certain percussion when a melody started up. So nothing you said was wrong, but I guess I just took an approach that didn't come across strong enough. :\
Old 05-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #3417
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidus810 View Post
Also, MN, with regards to all of the fine-tuning suggestions you made for the first half of Chronograph -

I understand the inconsistencies you're making note of, but I'm just letting you know that I was going for more expressive steps there. That is to say, I chose to stop stepping certain percussion when a melody started up. So nothing you said was wrong, but I guess I just took an approach that didn't come across strong enough. :\
Hey sorry mate. :/ I try my best to understand the intentions of the steppers when I receive a file, but sometimes it's just not possible. Thing is, if I didn't understand it, maybe other people would've not understood either. Perhaps the idea you had was good, but the execution was still flawed. So I stand my case: there is room for improvement either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #3418
Tidus810

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Hey sorry mate. :/ I try my best to understand the intentions of the steppers when I receive a file, but sometimes it's just not possible. Thing is, if I didn't understand it, maybe other people would've not understood either. Perhaps the idea you had was good, but the execution was still flawed. So I stand my case: there is room for improvement either way
Yup, you are most certainly right. If I didn't get it across to you/other judges, it likely wouldn't come across well to everyone else. The critique is much appreciated though, much deserved too.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #3419
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Since 1983: 5-9-6-6-9-9 = 7.33

To Make the End of Battle: 6-9-4-8-8-8 = 7.16

Velaciela: 8-8-6-7-9-7 = 7.5

...tbh that's a LOT better than I was expecting =S
Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #3420
dore
caveman pornstar

Send a message via AIM to dore

so stuff from group 2's averages will get bumped up with the adjusted score or whatever right? making sure I understand the process since I haven't submitted anything in ages
Closed Thread