Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #841
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Welcome to our home! Home of the One-Handers! Enjoy your stay and kick butt!!

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #842
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Also, little notice. I got my new net =]]
FFR is mine again xD

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:28 AM   #843
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Sorry for the Double Post but..
Guys.. Honestly, thread is dying again and I just got my net back.. I'm working on my tiers again.. So beware.. This thread needs to get it's act together.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #844
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I always ask myself, "What can I do to spark conversation?" As of now, I really haven't thought of much. We got the update. Let's start doing something!! I am sure that there are people who can get more Skill Tokens; how can me and Dazer have the most? I know I am not even close to being the best. Any other ideas people?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:16 AM   #845
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Perhaps to keep the thread dying, a new twist should be suggested to keep people from getting bored.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #846
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Like what?

The problem is, over half of the one handers on the list haven't logged on in months - a year ago, the one handed community was very active, but it's almost dead now. Now getting people back into the thread would be awesome, yes - this thread still attracts a one hander now and then, and to see a more complete revival would be awesome.

Any ideas?

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #847
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

The One hander tournament I'd say was quite successful. It got spread players to play one handed for a bit too.

Dosen't always have to be along those lines though.

Perhaps if someone made like a .gif or .jpg banner that could go in everyone's signature that linked to this thread it would help in advertising.

Part of leading something is the ability to think outside the box. What can you do that is fun and will make everyone strive for something?

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 11-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #848
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluearrowll View Post
The One hander tournament I'd say was quite successful. It got spread players to play one handed for a bit too.
Zageron said he would start one a while ago. He hasn't done it yet, though...

Quote:
Dosen't always have to be along those lines though.

Perhaps if someone made like a .gif or .jpg banner that could go in everyone's signature that linked to this thread it would help in advertising.
Some people have a link to this thread in their siggy, but I agree - having a custom made banner for this thread would rule. I know dean_machine can work with graphics real well - he may be willing to make custom graphics for this thread (even though he switched to spread).

Quote:
Part of leading something is the ability to think outside the box. What can you do that is fun and will make everyone strive for something?
I have tiers, tokens, and a ranking system. I'm not sure what anybody else would want, since I haven't heard any new suggestions regarding that topic (except for adding new tiers, etc).

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Old 11-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #849
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

I would start a tournament but a few weeks ago FFR suddenly stopped appealing to me.
I could set one up, but I probably wouldn't do a good job of updating it. I'll definitely host one during winter break or something, who knows maybe it will get me back to FFR.

I've got a small rough draft of the tourney setup page here somewhere, let me go finish some of it.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #850
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

A nice banner or graphic would be a sweet idea. As for other ideas; I am really not sure. The skill tokens seem like a waste of time to me because nobody really tries to get anymore. Some of them are way to insane for me to get. Some of Bluearrowlls tokens are the hardest ones. (I think). I will give all of this some thought and think of some new things we could start.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #851
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers (FFR's Fourth One Handers Tournament!)

I'll post a sample here, you guys let me know whet I should change etc...

I'm, obviously, a little busy today. So have a look at my previous Tournaments, and get all Nostalgic like I did. :P

One Handers Tournament [Advanced]
(http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=79203)

2nd One Handers Tournament!
(http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=74676)

1st One Handers Tournament!
(http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=73808)
Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #852
Dave&Wave
FFR Player

I would like to enter a tournament , I just got ripped and Mario Bros. stole 4,000 credits from me .
Dave&Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #853
Aeroethimetic
Paper Mario FTW
FFR Veteran

Still really wanna do this...some of the tokens you have in your first post are insane. No way I'll be able to do half of them at most. But I'll try it eventually. Once I get this 5000 at least rank -_-"
Old 11-15-2008, 11:33 PM   #854
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

" Xeno-Freak

Reqs: Get a clean FC of Xeno-Freak.

Owners:
1337h4xz0rÈ

Get a clean FC of xeno-flow not freak lmao

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #855
Dave&Wave
FFR Player

My tokens are insane ? Why thank you .
Dave&Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #856
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Okay, suggestion.. How about we throw another Tourney Bynary
I'll help with donations and crap. If you need someone to help you Update and that such I'll keep hold of that to. I'd really love another one so i can redeem myself from last time.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #857
Redsky139
The cat's away; Go Play
FFR Veteran

The problem isn't just one-handers being inactive: the whole site is less active than it used to be. 1,601 users currently using FFR is pretty sad. Actually, I think this thread is doing very well, and better than most. I see some newer players really shooting for av rank under 5000 and I see more siggies with 'one-handed and proud' or 'staying one-handed.' I think people are more interested right now, proportionately, in playing one-handed than in playing FFR in general.

Let me say WELCOME to those not quite on the list of the elite 20 and congrats to those who've earned tokens or tier points or other bounties listed in this thread. Maybe we should have a list of aspiring one-handers here, so it can be more expansive. Just because you're not awesome yet doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to join the social club of serious one-handers. Alternatively we could start a one-handers club thread, but I think it makes more sense to keep it here, as the community is already partially formed. Of course, this may be burdensome for Bynary, but at least it wouldn't need to be updated with av ranks.

Let's have a One-Handed party in FFR chat. If anyone's interested, I'll bake cookies. If you are nice I will give you one.

Is anyone else shooting for one-handed tier points right now? I'm working on Tier 1, but I think I'm only at 90 or so still. Of course I haven't counted in a bit. It's really tough. Of course I have three other goals that are a bit more pressing right now, but I wanted to see if other people were plugging away at this.

One-hander that does alright sometimes.

Are you one of the best one-handers on FFR? Show it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man
I think this will give both of us pleasure because it will take long. (I think)
Redsky139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #858
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
Okay, suggestion.. How about we throw another Tourney Bynary
I'll help with donations and crap. If you need someone to help you Update and that such I'll keep hold of that to. I'd really love another one so i can redeem myself from last time.
I dunno...as awesome as it is to see spread players try out one handed sexiness, there aren't enough players in the intermediate and advanced divisions. Sure, we have only a few pro one handers on the whole site and tons of beginners, I want to see more people of an intermediate level, something I can't seem to find. If you or anybody else knows a bunch of people at these levels, I'll consider making another tourney (however, I was waiting for Zaggy to start his).

P.S I have just over 139,000 credits, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsky139 View Post
The problem isn't just one-handers being inactive: the whole site is less active than it used to be. 1,601 users currently using FFR is pretty sad. Actually, I think this thread is doing very well, and better than most. I see some newer players really shooting for av rank under 5000 and I see more siggies with 'one-handed and proud' or 'staying one-handed.' I think people are more interested right now, proportionately, in playing one-handed than in playing FFR in general.
Well here's the thing: the very beginning of your one handed career is the most sensitive - the majority of one handers switch at this point in time. However, I'd also like to point out that a bunch of people who have found this thread gain the motivation to stay, which leads me to my next point...

Quote:
Let me say WELCOME to those not quite on the list of the elite 20 and congrats to those who've earned tokens or tier points or other bounties listed in this thread. Maybe we should have a list of aspiring one-handers here, so it can be more expansive. Just because you're not awesome yet doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to join the social club of serious one-handers. Alternatively we could start a one-handers club thread, but I think it makes more sense to keep it here, as the community is already partially formed. Of course, this may be burdensome for Bynary, but at least it wouldn't need to be updated with av ranks.
...On one hand I don't see much point in this - hundreds of new one handers join every day, and almost all of them either either leave or switch. But on the other hand, this can provide great motivation to those who are dedicated to saying and have made their introduction, etc. Interesting idea.

Quote:
Let's have a One-Handed party in FFR chat. If anyone's interested, I'll bake cookies. If you are nice I will give you one.
That reminds me: Card Man and me have Ventrilo, where you can hold private chat sessions with your friends and chat via microphones. Far superior to FFR Chat IMO, and there won't be any noobs to spam it up or tell us to switch out of jealousy.

Perhaps that would be a more viable option?

Quote:
Is anyone else shooting for one-handed tier points right now? I'm working on Tier 1, but I think I'm only at 90 or so still. Of course I haven't counted in a bit. It's really tough. Of course I have three other goals that are a bit more pressing right now, but I wanted to see if other people were plugging away at this.
I know I've hit T2 a long time ago - I haven't calculated my TPs in some time, but I'm pretty sure it's the high 200s, nearing 300 even. If I see others working on it, I would certainly start to do so myself.

~Bynary Fission

Last edited by Bynary Fission; 11-17-2008 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Fixed a typo.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #859
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

just to expand on redskys idea, why dont we change the list to top 50? or if not, make the list include EVERY 1 hander with an average rank of under 5000, THAT POSTS ON THIS THREAD!

cause yeah, if theres a one hander with an av rank of under 5k that posts on this thread knows about BOTH hands...and has obviously decided to be one handed if they post to be put on the list

Last edited by Bolth mannn; 11-17-2008 at 07:05 PM..
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #860
Aeroethimetic
Paper Mario FTW
FFR Veteran

Alright I know I'm not exactly "popular" or important in any means so whatever. But I got an idea to help Bynary. Anyone's opinion matters anyways right? So here it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
That reminds me: Card Man and me have Ventrilo, where you can hold private chat sessions with your friends and chat via microphones. Far superior to FFR Chat IMO, and there won't be any noobs to spam it up or tell us to switch out of jealousy.

Perhaps that would be a more viable option?
Have you heard of something called skype? In my opinion it's much better. Because you don't have to pay for it. I know about vent I used it a lot. Cost to get it up and running, then depending on the state your in (I beleive) it costs to keep it per month. The beeping of when someone holds down the designed key for talking comes annoying at times. Especially if its constant and the user does not wish to keep it held down.

Skype on the other hand is a mainly audio chat. It's not really meant for IM's such as yahoo, or msn, or heaven forbid ICQ . Mainly used for calls. Which can last for....well till forever if you want. Completely free. And used for conference calls. Meaning calling more then 1 person at a time. Again like vent, again absolutely free, again for forever. Kills the stupid beeping since its always active. Adding whoever you want kills the idea of
Quote:
and there won't be any noobs to spam it up or tell us to switch out of jealousy.
Just saying, bringing the idea up.
Quote:
Yea for sure. I completely noticed that how you can distinctively tell who plays one handed and who doesn't. That's why I wanted to add it also in my sig. I played one handed since i started. I never changed...I really don't want to. For reasons I already explained in my intro post/thread. Once I hit 5000 or under thats definitely what I'm shooting for. Especially those one handed tokens users came up with. Love the idea. And gives me more fun and enjoyabliity (if thats even a word o_O)

Quote:
Let me say WELCOME to those not quite on the list of the elite 20 and congrats to those who've earned tokens or tier points or other bounties listed in this thread. Maybe we should have a list of aspiring one-handers here, so it can be more expansive. Just because you're not awesome yet doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to join the social club of serious one-handers.
Thanks for the welcome. I already found my place in here =P

I like the idea of a list. Kills Bynary though, his life, and I doubt he would wanna sit down and really record and update this 24/7. Always paying attention to members and there tier points, list of every single one hander etc. I'd help if he wants. Just for recording data when I have free time myself. Less burden for him/her

Quote:
Alternatively we could start a one-handers club thread, but I think it makes more sense to keep it here, as the community is already partially formed. Of course, this may be burdensome for Bynary, but at least it wouldn't need to be updated with av ranks.
Again I love this idea. For sure people already made this thread the "one-handers club" but you cant keep this active it's a thread. Takes time to type a post...post it...wait for a reply...post back....maybe provide a s/s etc.... better off just doing it actively. Especially since you cant do ddr and post at the same time its impossible.

Quote:
Kew~kies~ *drool* Accepting some bribes? . jk =P

Never went on ffr chat yet, might later depends. Browser chats don't tend to do it for me. If that even makes sense..at least I knew what I meant...aw forget it. Like the offer though.

Quote:
Good luck with your goals. I havent even bothered those yet since my av rank so too high atm. Working on just records and tokens...that I just found out yesterday how to figure out each token and how to accomplish it. -_-" Had a nub moment >_> My overall rank is decreasing which is good obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
just to expand on redskys idea, why dont we change the list to top 50? or if not, make the list include EVERY 1 hander with an average rank of under 5000?

cause yeah, if theres a one hander with an av rank of under 5k then obviously theyre sticking at it...
Lol not exactly. My friend steve (dude that showed me this game) Been playing one handed for years. Last year switched to two hands because he never even thought of the idea of using two hands. Now that's all he plays. If he was ever on FFR probably hit well below 5k before he changed over to two hands.

I'm using that as an example also. But I like the idea of top 50. More motivation and incentative to actually go for it being in that list.

Quote:
I know I've hit T2 a long time ago - I haven't calculated my TPs in some time, but I'm pretty sure it's the high 200s, nearing 300 even. If I see others working on it, I would certainly start to do so myself.

~Bynary Fission
Good luck with you to.

Some of you one handers I don't get at all. It's completely insane. Like yours for example. AAA on Games we have played Part 4? One handed? I have NO timing whatsoever. Always goes perfect till like 20 then always a random good....then more perfects. then a good. then maybe an average somewhere in the mix for no apperent reason. I can never perfect it. No way do I even know HOW to teach myself perfect timing. Guess its just practice but I don't know... Never for the life of me can I AAA i swear >_>