Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #101
DissonantMuse
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Team Pony

Tried out those files from gold stinger, and I must say I really enjoyed them, I actually managed to AAA "Rainbow Facotry" XD. My fave would have to be "Dedede Invades Equestria" it's a great song and I like the way it's stepped. I also liked the bursts on "Spike" really upped the difficulty which is what I like. Can't wait for more, and I might get to work on some more files myself, been really wanting to step some more pony songs.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #102
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Now that I think about it, I could probably (for now at least) devote a whole genre on the community engine to files for this team, if you guys would like.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #103
DJAirWave
Why am I still here?
FFR Music Producer

Wow, sorry I haven't been on this thread in a while, I've been without internet for a while.

Very surprised to see how this team is doing, just wanted to thank all those who've made it come this far.

I'll stay out of the way as far as running the team goes, since it seems we already have an excellent staff, but I'll be updating the main post in the near future just to keep everything structured.

Thanks again everyone!
DJAirWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #104
TehBoredGuy
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TehBoredGuy Send a message via Yahoo to TehBoredGuy Send a message via Skype™ to TehBoredGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Now that I think about it, I could probably (for now at least) devote a whole genre on the community engine to files for this team, if you guys would like.
It would be awesome. if you could do it "forever" lol like have a pony genere forever. that would be Awesome.

TehBoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #105
TehBoredGuy
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TehBoredGuy Send a message via Yahoo to TehBoredGuy Send a message via Skype™ to TehBoredGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DissonantMuse View Post
Tried out those files from gold stinger, and I must say I really enjoyed them, I actually managed to AAA "Rainbow Facotry" XD. My fave would have to be "Dedede Invades Equestria" it's a great song and I like the way it's stepped. I also liked the bursts on "Spike" really upped the difficulty which is what I like. Can't wait for more, and I might get to work on some more files myself, been really wanting to step some more pony songs.
i cant get openitg to work. i clicked it but it wont open in my Firefox. lol forgive me if i'm sounding stupid. i've never heard of openitg till now. so idk anything about running it specificly.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #106
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

As soon as I get done updating the Profile Shop thread, I'll upload files posted in this thread to the community engine. As far as I can tell unless things get to be crazy on that engine, you guys can have your own genre indefinitely. If that changes I'd obviously let you know.

(I do NOT however have the proper knowledge/capabilities to edit the genre logos, otherwise I would be on top of making genres more recognizable as far as that goes)
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #107
TehBoredGuy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
As soon as I get done updating the Profile Shop thread, I'll upload files posted in this thread to the community engine. As far as I can tell unless things get to be crazy on that engine, you guys can have your own genre indefinitely. If that changes I'd obviously let you know.

(I do NOT however have the proper knowledge/capabilities to edit the genre logos, otherwise I would be on top of making genres more recognizable as far as that goes)
Ok great. People will be stepping many more songs than just the first 4 to add to the Genre. so you'll have plenty to add. :3 Thanks a bunch Justin.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #108
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

I appreciate your help with songs Justin, saves me the trouble from having to upload my entire OpenITG so that TehBoredGuy can play any songs that we might have posted. x_x

Working on a Guru's Only song right now for DissonantMuse because "He likes the bursts".

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #109
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Not a problem :] Almost done updating the other thread, then I'll be uploading some of these files. We're looking at theee....I think secret genre for you guys? I think that's where I'm at right now. (although, depending on how things are looking D2 might be scrapped and I might shift everything down one so you guys'll get misc).
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #110
Electrokinesis
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Electrokinesis

I like the idea of us being 'Secret' personally.

And thanks a ton for the support, Justin. =)
Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #111
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Alright, if I can get the secret genre working correctly online (works fine on my offline, hopefully it's the same setup for this other one) then you guys will have those files up in Secret shortly. Starting to add them now.

EDIT: For some reason I'm having issues uploading Dedede, so I've got to mess around with that some. I've uploaded the other three, along with one that I found online somewhere and thought was fun. Rainbow Factory has a hiccup in the first two notes because there wasn't a long enough pause between the start of the song and the first notes (which is why they recommend 2 seconds of silence on songs submitted to FFR).

If the sync feels off, let me know and I can try to fix it.

DOUBLE EDIT: Got Dedede working. Five files up for you guys, tell me if something isn't right. (you might want to PM me with further files, as I might not remember to check this thread all that often)

Last edited by justin_ator; 01-11-2012 at 09:44 PM..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #112
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

That was my fault on the sync with Rainbow Factory. My Bad. Was soo busy re-syncing them that I forgot to do it for Rainbow Factory.

There is a small problem with notes that were placed on stops though, seems that the note doesn't pass by the bar until after the stop when placing it on a stop. Again, if I should have known that it was my fault. This is why I don't submit FFR files XD

All songs are working great and as intended. Perhaps the reason why you had trouble with the dedede song is because it was the only song that had notes on stops? Spike, Twilight Sparkle Stage, and Rainbow Factory only had BPM changes. Except for color change in Rainbow Factory during the violin solo.

- Tosh 2014

Old 01-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #113
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Nah, the Dedede file worked fine after I made a new mp3 for it (still don't know why, but this sometimes fixes it, I just have to import it into Audacity and re-export it as a new mp3 lol).

If sync on something is wrong and you feel it's worth fixing, that's fine just send me the new file if you do so I can reupload it.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #114
gold stinger

There were a couple of notes (3 over all the songs) that kept bugging me. I fixed them and moved the stops until after the notes. I even ran them through audacity and import and re-export using lame.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nk87zc8mbjte248

Hopefully they don't continue giving problems x_x but if they are broken, you made them work last time i believe in you.

also, hi megamon, i see u lurking

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 01-11-2012 at 10:32 PM..
Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #115
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Saw your post in here haha. I'm in the process of re-uploading them.

EDIT: Uploaded the updates.

Last edited by justin_ator; 01-11-2012 at 10:55 PM..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #116
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

justin_ator, you are awesomes, haha. I knew there was a reason I voted you friendliest poster.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #117
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Haha thanks ;p

I just think it sucks that more engines can't go up (but at the same time I understand why) so I wanted to provide a potential solution.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #118
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I've got a couple files to send your way. Should I send them through email or pm?

Also thanks for letting us use the engine, we really appreciate it!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #119
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

PM
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #120
Electrokinesis
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Electrokinesis

I played one last song before going to bed. (and to see our section in the Community Engine)

Sightread and I'm only really posting this because I'm so stupidly proud of having completely perfected that stream in the middle. I just flubbed up on an early part and a burst not long after the stream. Kudos to the stepper. Loved every second of it~