Old 12-7-2018, 11:29 PM   #1
QueenAshy
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 20
Posts: 554
Default Anyone else own N++?

I really love N+(+), itís a fucking amazing game. Honestly, the platforming feels right, and it has a very good level of difficulty. Yeah, thereís some levels that you might think are cheap, but itís really just your movement abilities are lacking. Thereís very few levels that I can say are bullshit (except frame perfect bounce pad jumps required to get all gold in one level, Iíll admit that itís pretty bullshit).

Anyway, Iíd recommend picking up the game. Thereís thousands of dev levels and even more user created ones. Itís basically Super Mario Maker for pro gamers who want a less mind numbingly easy experience.
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2018, 11:31 PM   #2
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 393
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

I prefer Mario maker
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 840
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

N++ is great, but you don't need to put down Super Mark Maker... there is a broad range of difficulty there, especially if you dig into the Japanese side. You get a good mix of kaizo-esque elements, glitch abuses, and tight platforming if you look in the right places.



CO-DA, Fate, and midna light also showcase such courses.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
i admire this subsection of the ffr community's ability to tolerate you

because i really, truly can't

Last edited by DaBackpack; 12-8-2018 at 07:45 AM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,369
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
N++ is great, but you don't need to put down Super Mark Maker... there is a broad range of difficulty there, especially if you dig into the Japanese side. You get a good mix of kaizo-esque elements, glitch abuses, and tight platforming if you look in the right places.

kaizo is the shit, especially in smw. smw best physics in mario maker for sure

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-8-2018 at 07:45 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 07:50 AM   #5
Nick012
FFR Player
 
Nick012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 104
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

There's no need to be aggresive towards mario maker
Nick012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 840
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
kaizo is the shit, especially in smw. smw best physics in mario maker for sure
Yeah I definitely have a soft spot for SMW, but I'm starting to think that NSMB has the best mechanics for high-end play. The spin mechanic drastically increases the amount of movement options you get, which results in a wider expressive range for the level developers. However there are a lot of interesting spin jump and cape challenges you can make with SMW too.

Interestingly, I think the Western players tend to favor SMW while the JP players tend to favor NSMB. My personal ranking for Mario Maker is NSMB > SMW > Mario 3 > SMB.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
i admire this subsection of the ffr community's ability to tolerate you

because i really, truly can't
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 07:57 AM   #7
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,369
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Yeah I definitely have a soft spot for SMW, but I'm starting to think that NSMB has the best mechanics for high-end play. The spin mechanic drastically increases the amount of movement options you get, which results in a wider expressive range for the level developers. However there are a lot of interesting spin jump and cape challenges you can make with SMW too.

Interestingly, I think the Western players tend to favor SMW while the JP players tend to favor NSMB. My personal ranking for Mario Maker is NSMB > SMW > Mario 3 > SMB.
personally thats the reason I dislike the NSMB movement, the spin mechanic, and free wall jumping.. I feel it sort of obsoletes some things like shell jumping, frame perfect walljumps, p switch jumps etc, but to each their own

I also sort of dislike cape, at least in vanilla SMW.. theres a few cool mechanics like maintaining cape speed through doors, down-warping with spin blocks, invincibility frames from hitting something while flying etc, but whenever I play smw I basically just cape and fly through all the levels like a grimeball lol

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-8-2018 at 07:58 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~
 
DaBackpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: unlikely
Age: 26
Posts: 840
Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
It’s basically Super Mario Maker for pro gamers who want a less mind numbingly easy experience.
I just noticed the "pro gamers" bit lol

They're just different kinds of games. Mario focuses on platforming with precision while N++ focuses on platforming with momentum (kind of like Sonic, at a base level, except with a higher emphasis on 2-dimensional movement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
personally thats the reason I dislike the NSMB movement, the spin mechanic, and free wall jumping.. I feel it sort of obsoletes some things like shell jumping, frame perfect walljumps, p switch jumps etc, but to each their own

I also sort of dislike cape, at least in vanilla SMW.. theres a few cool mechanics like maintaining cape speed through doors, down-warping with spin blocks, invincibility frames from hitting something while flying etc, but whenever I play smw I basically just cape and fly through all the levels like a grimeball lol
Yeah I was just referring to the Super Mario Maker level design strategies, not the base games. My favorite Mario game is still SMW after all these years. The cape breaks a lot of things but I still have fun with it
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
i admire this subsection of the ffr community's ability to tolerate you

because i really, truly can't

Last edited by DaBackpack; 12-8-2018 at 08:08 AM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 08:09 AM   #9
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,369
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

I like flying backwards with the cape lol, randomly spinning mid flight and continuing to fly is fun
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 12:39 PM   #10
PixlSM
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 372
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

N++ is the best platformer but it’s also not nearly as hard as a lot of kaizo hacks
I say this as someone who has cleared a good chunk of the “hardest” tab in the userlevels and most of my level end up under “hardest” as well.
Also there’s no frame perfect inputs in n++ as a result of any trick that would be frame perfect being aided by input buffering. And even then, none of the metanet levels require advanced or hidden tech to all gold levels so it’s not a big deal either way

Last edited by PixlSM; 12-8-2018 at 12:39 PM..
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 12:39 PM   #11
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

N++ was easy 100% trophies. A casual gamer girl like you wouldnt understand that though
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
PixlSM
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 372
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

I highly doubt you got 100% trophies unless they toned down achievements for console players
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 12:53 PM   #13
PixlSM
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 372
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Considering one of the achievements is to 100% the game and like maybe 3 people in the high level n++ community have actually done it

Last edited by PixlSM; 12-8-2018 at 12:54 PM..
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 12:56 PM   #14
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
Considering one of the achievements is to 100% the game and like maybe 3 people in the high level n++ community have actually done it
Idk about steam I'm on ps4 and got all trophies. Also got all achievements for N+ on Xbox360.

Edit: @pixel, the hardest one on console is Achieve Enlightenment, which has 0.5% completion rate on steam.

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 12-8-2018 at 01:00 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 01:03 PM   #15
PixlSM
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 372
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?


Is this achievement not on console? it requires beating, all golding, doing a no death run on, and completing every secret challenge, for every level and episode in the entire game, + all of the coop levels, race levels, and hardcore mode stories. the coop alone makes this achievement near impossible

Last edited by PixlSM; 12-8-2018 at 01:03 PM..
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 01:04 PM   #16
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

See my edit.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 01:06 PM   #17
PixlSM
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 372
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

boy what
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 01:10 PM   #18
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
boy what
It seems you dont actually know wtf you're talking about but ok
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 01:25 PM   #19
PixlSM
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 372
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

dude I dont have a ps4 to see what the achievements are there could you try elaborating instead of being a cunt
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2018, 01:32 PM   #20
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,807
Default Re: Anyone else own N++?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
dude I dont have a ps4 to see what the achievements are there could you try elaborating instead of being a cunt
It's the same description on console than it is on steam, hence my comment. You can google it that'll be faster. I would expect most great N++ players to know what it is, but maybe I'm wrong there and if so then sorry.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution