Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 11:46 AM   #1
altairian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to altairian Send a message via MSN to altairian
Default Wow please lay off Chit Chat

Let people say what they want to say without locking every other thread. Arch you talk about how other forums work, well on other forums the CC forum is always lightly moderated. I feel like I'm asking my parents to let me talk on the phone when I come home from school, this is retarded. I'm not PM'ing this because I'm addressing ALL of the mods since at least 3 of you have locked threads in CC in the past day.
Honestly, why don't you guys really do your job and do something about all the "Post your desktop" threads (merge them?? or does this board not have that feature... ) and put the flame wars in the Garbage Bin where they belong. Maybe COBOL would be less annoying if we could flame him in one thread rather than having to flame him in every new thread he posted in because the last one he posted in got locked.
Stop acting like it's a crime for us to post a lot. I've never seen anyone actually spam on these forums before, so stop bitching about people doing it. You've obviously never seen real spam if you think the people on this forum are bad.
Reach: there was this bee. i hate bee\'s...i tryed to kill it, but then it didn\'t die and it started making weird noises so i was like oh (#$% hes gonna sting me. i started running but i triped over some rock and rolled down a hill into the river.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:55 AM   #2
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Just be glad I'm not a mod. Pretty much every topic would be locked/deleted, at least on the front page of Chit Chat.

EDIT : Including this one.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 03-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #3
Varia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Varia Send a message via MSN to Varia Send a message via Yahoo to Varia

Sending things to the garbage bin is better than just plain locking them. I mean, some threads get better after a small bout of postwhoring. But now they are locked and will sink to the bottom of the chit chat sea.

ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL?

I THINK SO
Old 03-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
VxDx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to VxDx

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING. Arch, you think that every member wants you to lock threads that you deem fit, but it's not the case. Clearly otehrs dislike you locking so many threads, particularly in chit chat.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:47 PM   #5
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Wow please lay off Chit Chat

Learn to PAY ATTENTION when I say to PM me about it. I don't care if you were addressing all the mods. If you were, PM them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altairian
Let people say what they want to say without locking every other thread. Arch you talk about how other forums work, well on other forums the CC forum is always lightly moderated.
http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/
http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/
http://forums.ddrei.com/
http://www.ddrmaniax.net/forums/index.php
http://www.ddrfreak.com/phpBB2/

Just to name a few. And no, CC isn't "lightly moderated" there.

Quote:
Honestly, why don't you guys really do your job and do something about all the "Post your desktop" threads (merge them?? or does this board not have that feature... ) and put the flame wars in the Garbage Bin where they belong.
As far as I know this board does not have the merge feature, and if it does I've never seen anyone use it. As for the flame wars, moving them to the garbage bin would be useless because it would still let people postwhore to their hearts content. If you REALLY want to massively flame him, there's IM programs, PM, the FFR chat, and if he's uber annoying just contact a mod because he's probably postwhoring.

Quote:
Arch, you think that every member wants you to lock threads that you deem fit, but it's not the case. Clearly otehrs dislike you locking so many threads, particularly in chit chat.
Others may like people dealing crack but does that change that it's illegal? No. The majority likes what I do. You can't please everyone (i.e. you)

Quote:
Stop acting like it's a crime for us to post a lot. I've never seen anyone actually spam on these forums before, so stop bitching about people doing it. You've obviously never seen real spam if you think the people on this forum are bad.
It's not a crime for you to post a lot, you're twisting my words around. Apparently the only forums you visit are unmoderated trash heaps with a userbase equivelant to an ezboard.

I can't stress enough to PM me. You don't need 2 other people saying "YEAH YEAH WORD UP LOLZ" to get your meaning across. Quit whining because there's some actual moderation around here now.

Locked for the same reasons I locked this thread: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ewtopic&t=9154

Quote:
1) There was a topic to discuss this already. I advise you to look at it and honestly think to yourself "Do I really think this thread will stay up even though there is an exact same topic about this right on the exact same page? Do I really think he will make an exception to the rule JUST FOR ME? No, it won't stay up and no, he wouldn't."

2) I quote from the original topic "In general, threads that get really out of hand will be locked. YES, FLAMING HERE AND THERE OCCASIONALLY IS ALLOWED, HOWEVER if a thread turns into a 3+ page flame war or has the potential to then it will be locked." which explains that this is a perfect example of a topic that will turn into a flame war.

3) If you have a problem, contact me about it personally. Don't make a topic about it so you can get support of makaveli and a few of your other little friends to make a small riot of how you guys don't think I should be a mod because you dislike me and just want to find a reason. There's plenty of sites where people don't like the mods, like twen or Sl1p on bemanistyle. Big deal, get over it.
Closed Thread