Old 06-14-2018, 04:16 PM   #201
Toko Fukawa
FFR Player
 
Toko Fukawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 52
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg View Post
If you're:

- Makoto
- Chihiro
- Hifumi
- Leon
- Mukuro
- Sakura
- Yasuhiro

I would like to hear more from you in the near future and I have no idea how to read you.

Thank you!

Interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru View Post
I feel like thereís been little contribution from a lot of people and role playing is hiding personality and personal though and instead giving the thoughts of a character that you might not necessarily agree with. This makes roleplaying inherently anti town but I can understand the whole wanting to hide from the identity wolf thing. But youíre also making yourself an easy pick for the acquisitioner.
This feels like a lot of stating the obvious.
Toko Fukawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:18 PM   #202
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player
 
Kiyotaka Ishimaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 30
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

I was asked for my thoughts and didn’t say that volountarily so ok
Kiyotaka Ishimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:19 PM   #203
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player
 
Kiyotaka Ishimaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 30
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

I also disagree it’s obvious because why do we have role players then lol
Kiyotaka Ishimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #204
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player
 
Kiyotaka Ishimaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 30
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Roleplaying I guess could be fun for some but I don’t want to see a post and just ignore it because it has the thoughts and personality of a character
Kiyotaka Ishimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #205
Toko Fukawa
FFR Player
 
Toko Fukawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 52
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru View Post
I was asked for my thoughts and didnít say that volountarily so ok
Your post contains very little thought. Might want to work on that.
Toko Fukawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #206
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player
 
Kiyotaka Ishimaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 30
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Well thatís because Iíve already said what Iíve been thinking, and I canít remember anyoneís names or have the time right now to go into super detail on things. Iím on my phone hence sentences are actually capitalised for once.

Also I realise I mentioned you in my post but I actually meant someone else. Surprised you didnít pick up on that so Iím doubting how much you actually even paid attention to my post lmao
Kiyotaka Ishimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #207
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player
 
Kiyotaka Ishimaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 30
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Also you’ve given like 0 thought on anyone this game so you’re one to talk looooool
Kiyotaka Ishimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #208
Aoi Asahina
FFR Player
 
Aoi Asahina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko Fukawa View Post
I think I am in need of changing of a stance held earlier. Aoi can go.
I do not see why one post has everyones' panties up in a bunch. One post makes you throw a whole player out of the game for you? I find that very weak of a play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko Fukawa View Post
No it does not help you, because unless everyone tells you, and you know who is in the game, that information is useless.
Toko, I do not know why you are attacking me in such a sour, toxic way. You can easily catch on to people by their playing style, typing style, and knowledge of what they know of outside the game. To belittle my thought process and think you are on some high horse, you will surely not make it far this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg View Post
I was talking about how you structured your post, not what it means.

I've read your initial post as a wolf having doubts about how to do their entrance post.

We're not reading the same thing.

I wouldn't vote you over not knowing what to do about a situation.

I would vote you because I don't understand why you would post this as your first post in terms of intentions.
I see that Celestia. I do not have doubts about my playing ability. I never said I wasn't going to try this game. I never said I was going to throw in the towel. I simply stated that being an anonymous game, it is going to make reading players more difficult. I did not state that it would be impossible or that I would do a poor job at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg View Post
Oh, I forgot a part of the main point.

Wolves know more information than Town hence the suspicion about talking about not knowing something.
I do not understand why you say this Celestia. What do they know more of than we do? I can guess the obvious they know their teammates, but that's not worth mentioning in my opinion. Do you know something we don't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg View Post
Aoi responded to the vote on her by dodging the question and pushing back suspicion on me for voting her after Mondo.

This is reasonable in terms of actions, but my intentions are clear and hers are not.

I didn't see her question why I voted her. She just went for the opportunistic option.

The vote was a poke, but the reaction doesn't feel good either for me.
My intentions are very clear. I do not like that you throw shade at my stances simply because I find you the most scumiest right now. I did not dodge any questions, if I missed one, that was by accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Owada View Post
I see Aoi's #114 as more of an insight into her mindset. Even if it's crap, she still believes what she said, so I'm willing to take off pressure "for now." It's not really tangible to me, but it makes her entry make a little more sense.
Kind of harsh to call my playing "crap" don't you think? If you must belittle of players to get your point across, I do not see you making comprehensible debates, and making a lasting point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami View Post
Aoi's last post looks like posturing to me. I don't like it when people only focus on themselves and their interactions in a game. People who want to hunt wolves look further, at others.

Aoi, I do want more from you.
Hey there Byakuya. During my time in thread, almost the entirety of the comments were about me. I did not focus on myself, I simply stated my feelings towards other players of the current topic. I made statements on who I thought was scummy. Even though it was a player against me, it wasn't because they were against me. It was how they were going about things and posting misconceptions construing my words against me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Owada View Post
I mean, if Aoi did focus on other people you would 75% chance call them out on deflecting.
I did not think of that Mondo, but I believe you might be on to something. The thread was mostly about me, and if I tried to change subject, you are probably right that they would have said I was deflecting. Even though I didn't do that, I was still called out for dodging, which isn't true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junko Enoshima View Post
Based on what I know about this game and its players, I'm going to read Aoi as hard town.
I thank you for your read on me Junko, but a hard town seems a little ridiculous, yeah? I do not like that stance because I feel like you put me into your pocket for uses later in the game. With that though, it doesn't necessarily put you into my scum pile right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
Aoi has responded now, but the difficulty of that whole line of thought comes down to the same problem with the above post. People have a tendency to "extreme-ify" their speech anyway, and it's really easy to read sinister intent into adverbs. Is "obviously joking" here proof that Leon is jumpy after his previous post, and felt the need to dismiss it as an obvious joke to protect himself? Probably not. I mean, it's not impossible, but it feels like a huge overreach to me, and probably to everyone else too.

And that's the difficulty with parsing Aoi's original statement.



There were basically two ways it could have been interpreted:

1. I'm new to either the game or community, and thus don't know what I'm doing

2. Everyone is posting under mandatory aliases, so I don't know who anyone is relative to their prior play, and can't evaluate on that.

Both interpretations run into some problems for Aoi. The first reading feels like an inexperienced player justifying/excusing away any future lapses. The second reading (which Aoi basically 'claimed' in their response) feels like filler, since everyone is limited by the anonymity conditions. It's intrinsic to everyone, so saying it has no value or purpose.

But that kind of textual filler happens in these sorts of games, and it's not inherently sinister. With nothing else to go on, and everyone maybe being reticent given the secret accounts, I can understand why people focused on it. If Aoi hadn't gotten around to posting, I'd have said their silence was way more telling than the initial post, since it would seem like they were ducking heat. But that post was addressed. I actually find the followup post a little more troubling, because it basically ends with a hard OMGUS, but the whole debate felt a little contrived.
You are correct that number 2 is how I feel about the game. I do not know what OMGUS means, but I feel like it's not good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toko Fukawa View Post
Your post contains very little thought. Might want to work on that.
You might want to work on not being so rude Toko. Why not give criticism? Why not ask more questions about how they feel? Why not add to the subject instead of tearing them down?
Aoi Asahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #209
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player
 
Byakuya Togami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 82
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Aoi, this thread isn't just about you anymore, and you did it again.
Byakuya Togami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #210
Aoi Asahina
FFR Player
 
Aoi Asahina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami View Post
Aoi, this thread isn't just about you anymore, and you did it again.
Nothing else in the thread is worth pursuing at this point besides people being demeaning. It seems this game isn't very healthy to play on this site.
Aoi Asahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #211
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player
 
Byakuya Togami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 82
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestia Ludenberg View Post
Kiyotaka is saying that you should avoid posting anything that could let the others know who they are.

I believe that is a fair statement in the context of this game due to the identity wolf.

I'm not sure why the acquisitioner has been talked about briefly by a few players.

Can we afford to hunt that person while also dealing with 3 wolves ?

I have a good idea of who it could be, but I'd prefer to lynch a wolf if possible while hoping that person collaborate with town because this setup is wolf favored due to wolves having technically 2 kill powers.
I think it's worth spending some brain power on the acquisitioner after this phase. The acquisitioner is essentially a rogue killing power.
Byakuya Togami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #212
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player
 
Byakuya Togami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 82
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Asahina View Post
It seems this game isn't very healthy to play on this site.
Don't make posts like this, please. Protect yourself.
Byakuya Togami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #213
Aoi Asahina
FFR Player
 
Aoi Asahina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Oh, Byakuya, I do want to bring something up. Someone was talking about the identity wolf and acquisitioner. Saying they were playing it safe to not be killed/taken over. I think it was Mondo? Not sure right now. Either way. The acquisitioner doesn't need to know you to take over your account, so I am lost as to way they think they are safe because of how they are playing. That doesn't make sense to me.
Aoi Asahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #214
Aoi Asahina
FFR Player
 
Aoi Asahina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami View Post
Don't make posts like this, please. Protect yourself.
Just Stating facts Byakuya.
Aoi Asahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #215
Mondo Owada
FFR Player
 
Mondo Owada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 54
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

I hate anonymity. It makes me realise just how many people on ffr get free passes just for being them. I think I have a read on someone and then I think "oh they could be so and so" and that makes them town. Tempted to just ignore it but my gut says listen.
Mondo Owada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #216
Aoi Asahina
FFR Player
 
Aoi Asahina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Owada View Post
I hate anonymity. It makes me realise just how many people on ffr get free passes just for being them. I think I have a read on someone and then I think "oh they could be so and so" and that makes them town. Tempted to just ignore it but my gut says listen.
Meta should never give a free pass Mondo. It should help place them. If you feel this way, maybe you shouldn't place a person behind the anon account to help you.
Aoi Asahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #217
Mondo Owada
FFR Player
 
Mondo Owada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 54
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Asahina View Post
Oh, Byakuya, I do want to bring something up. Someone was talking about the identity wolf and acquisitioner. Saying they were playing it safe to not be killed/taken over. I think it was Mondo? Not sure right now. Either way. The acquisitioner doesn't need to know you to take over your account, so I am lost as to way they think they are safe because of how they are playing. That doesn't make sense to me.
Whoops, you stepped in more ****.
Mondo Owada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #218
Aoi Asahina
FFR Player
 
Aoi Asahina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Owada View Post
Whoops, you stepped in more ****.
Whoops, You're an asshole.
Aoi Asahina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #219
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player
 
Byakuya Togami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 82
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Asahina View Post
Oh, Byakuya, I do want to bring something up. Someone was talking about the identity wolf and acquisitioner. Saying they were playing it safe to not be killed/taken over. I think it was Mondo? Not sure right now. Either way. The acquisitioner doesn't need to know you to take over your account, so I am lost as to way they think they are safe because of how they are playing. That doesn't make sense to me.
When the acquisitioner takes over an account, they have to act like that player in order to avoid detection. Making your posts hard to emulate would deter the acquisitioner from taking you over.

I'm also not getting how people have Sayaka as town. Nothing about her posts seems remarkable to me.
Byakuya Togami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #220
Mondo Owada
FFR Player
 
Mondo Owada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Age: 54
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Aoi clearly knows what she's doing but she's playing this ******* terrible "I'm bad pls no" style that probably is just a ****ty attempt at hiding her identity.
Mondo Owada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution