Old 10-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG XC Host Signups

I call for EXECUTIVE ORDER: Parental Supervision - TIME OUT.

The kids don't get to play with their toys until they've done their homework.

No 'cool games' with special roles until everyone has shown some sort of legitimate improvement playing games where they have no one but themselves to rely on.

This may sound cheesy but I really care about the sub-group. So, I propose that once the next game ends we have some sort of peer evaluation. Not something like Manti telling us how we performed as he has in other games. Everyone has someone to evaluate and we talk about our player in the post-game.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-25-2009 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: executive ord
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #22
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Seconded. This means we play only games with stock roles for a while. seer, guard, wolfsbane, psychic, master wolf. That's it.

And mystery games... just no. There have been far too many, far too complex, and it's making everyone worse and worse at the game.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:12 PM   #23
Ruritsu
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
there are 4 votes on a normal PSYCHIC/SEER/MASTERWOLF game to be hosted by either clarinet or syhto.
Gun, Makilaz, FictionJunction, u84

Mystery games are far out of this group's league since it has proven that it can't even analyze players properly in a game where the roles are public, much less analyze a game they know nothing about.

psychic/seer/MW game (hosted by syhto or clarinet) - 5 - FictionJunction, Makilaz, Gun, u84, Ruritsu
BDN's game - 3 - tupac, Spyke, temote
mystery game - 0 - tupac
Fix'd.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #24
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makilaz View Post
Seconded. This means we play only games with stock roles for a while. seer, guard, wolfsbane, psychic, master wolf. That's it.

And mystery games... just no. There have been far too many, far too complex, and it's making everyone worse and worse at the game.
+1 support
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #25
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Quote:
I call for EXECUTIVE ORDER: Parental Supervision - TIME OUT.

The kids don't get to play with their toys until they've done their homework.

No 'cool games' with special roles until everyone has shown some sort of legitimate improvement playing games where they have no one but themselves to rely on.

This may sound cheesy but I really care about the sub-group. So, I propose that once the next game ends we have some sort of peer evaluation. Not something like Manti telling us how we performed as he has in other games. Everyone has someone to evaluate and we talk about our player in the post-game.
I do support something like this, but does it mean a game like mine is out of the question? It may have nonstandard roles, but they are really simple, and I firmly believe that my game will be a good learning experience as well. I would like your thoughts on the matter.

I will take this to the TWC, and if people bother to show up and have a serious discussion, we will have an official vote on it.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #26
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
I do support something like this, but does it mean a game like mine is out of the question? It may have nonstandard roles, but they are really simple, and I firmly believe that my game will be a good learning experience as well. I would like your thoughts on the matter.

I will take this to the TWC, and if people bother to show up and have a serious discussion, we will have an official vote on it.
Yes. I'm willing to discuss it with the rest of TWC, but all these nonstandard roles are also not helping. We need to play a lot of games with roles ONLY from the TWG beginner's guide. Guard. Psychic. Wolfsbane. Seer. Master Wolf. Once everyone can learn how to play again, then we can progress to more advanced stuff,
Old 10-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #27
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

omg ..... I explained why I voted for a mystery game and I took it off for BDN's anyway, why do you still feel like you have to single me out fic...

again, I don't mind playing these standard games, but everyone is so freaking inactive. I got subbed in and was pretty active, though I will admit I wasn't UBER SUPER active. too bad everyone else who was active had a mighty bad temper and thought I should die for simply offering an idea. there's nothing wrong with the games we've been playing, it's the general inactivity. and the fact that the active ones are way too aggressive and need to chill just a bit. anyway, it's not going to get better if we have 12+ player games where a third or so of the players are generally inactive throughout the game. again, to prove my point: last game where I was a wolf, only two people who were not wolves talked to me (and we ended up making roundbox our wolf bitch , so really only one). say all you want, but it's very rare for any one player to talk to EVERY one. I did that during the sonic game and ended up getting lynched after getting almost everyone's role. and of course, fic yelled at me for taking the mystery out of the game. hello? hypocrisy? I was being active and socially engineering to figure out who was bs'ing based on what they told me and what I knew from past games with each player...

just my two cents though. do what you guys want
tupacodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #28
Gun92
FFR Veteran

I'm not quite so sure why people are taking this regression of games so hard. It should be common knowledge that almost all of us can not play games as a green and rely too heavily on having a lot of special roles so we can feel more "involved" in the game. It has been said before, but the games are only as good as we make them and its up to you to make yourself involved in the game regardless of role.

I'm sure that no one has anything against your game BDN considering all of us know that you make and host great games, but as bad as it is, I really do think we need to go back to basics for awhile. There's only a select few who play TWG that are really good enough to play in the more complicated games and the rest of us need to learn how to be good so the games we play in that are more complicated can be even more interesting and challenging. Perhaps I'm just rambling here, but thats my opinion on the matter.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #29
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

**** the TWC. The problem is obvious. The solution is obvious. You wouldn't be the only one taking a hit from this decision, BDN. There are games that I'd like to host too, but I'm willing to put that aside for now because I think this is far more important than showing off our abilities as hosts and game makers.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #30
FictionJunction
FFR Player

stop crying, tupac. I'm not singling you out. We all are.

you screwed up last game. Big deal. go play the next one.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #31
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

Quote:
**** the TWC. The problem is obvious. The solution is obvious. You wouldn't be the only one taking a hit from this decision, BDN. There are games that I'd like to host too, but I'm willing to put that aside for now because I think this is far more important than showing off our abilities as hosts and game makers.
I understand what you're saying, but I think you misunderstood me. I didn't mean to be confrontational, and this is not for egotistical reasons. My game simply brought something different to the table, while still adhering (or trying anyway) to the cause of providing games that encourage human activity and improvement. If I have failed epically, that's too bad. No one needs to play my game, and I'm sure there are benefits to be had with fundamental games. I was just making a point for my game. This is a democratic process, is it not?

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Brilliant Dynamite Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #32
FictionJunction
FFR Player

yeah, I get that. I just feel we need to ignore that right now, hurt some feelings, grow some balls, and start over.

I'm confident that another psychic/seer/mw game is the best way to approach our problem. Especially now that we have the same game fresh in everybody's minds. It'll give us a chance to compare results and reassess similar situations in a different fashion.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 10-25-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #33
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

alright, i'll draw out since a few people have stated they would rather me play. This will only be my third game, so I'll take the practice. clarinet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #34
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Clarinet, make player signups now. Enough waiting.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #35
Gun92
FFR Veteran

I don't think I have ever seen a game end and go thru host sign ups plus starting a game in the same day.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #36
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

player sign-ups are posted and will open tomorrow

Questionable Content
clarinet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #37
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
psychic/seer game
It should be the same as last game, except blues are disallowed from revealing themselves. No public reveals, and no private reveals. Not even as a joke. Not even as a lie.

Maybe drop one wolf from the numbers to balance the master wolf and the complete impossibility of alliance. See, usually when there is no guardian to protect the seer, the seer doesn't have to deal with the MW, but allowing green reports to be 100% accurate means there would still be a hidden alliance.

But I see my input is worthless as everything was decided while I was sleeping. Oh well.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:55 PM   #38
FictionJunction
FFR Player

that'd be difficult to control. We've tried several games where certain roles are censored and it just never worked properly.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:09 AM   #39
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
that'd be difficult to control. We've tried several games where certain roles are censored and it just never worked properly.
Ok, how is it controlled then that the dead cannot give information to the living?

On a personal basis. People need to control themselves and they need to be willing to not break the rules. If they witness themselves or anyone else breaking the rules, they would just tell the host and they'd be replaced or killed on the spot.

It's not hard. I don't see how it could be unless the players these days are a bunch of willful cheaters.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:38 AM   #40
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

I disagree, let people play the game as they will. Limiting basic things, like being able to manipulate people through role revealing etc, will keep them from realizing the advantages and disadvantages of it. Which I think is defeating the purpose. If the seer happens to seer another blue, they shouldn't be forbidden to reveal their role as seer to them. I understand they need to learn to manipulate through their words in the thread, and characterize people based on their actions, but you can't take away something so basic. It doesn't really make sense.

The point was to make it impossible to form an ironclad blue alliance. There will be a lot of speculation in these alliances, and they will not be impenetrable. There won't be a guard to constantly protect seer, this endless cycle with blues making it to the end. Because they will not be able to come out to everyone in the thread. You see where I'm going with this? It's unnecessary to ban role revealment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote