Old 12-9-2013, 08:21 AM   #21
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon
Default Re: History of TWG

Okay, it's up. Stay tuned everybody.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Old 12-9-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon View Post
Okay, here is how its going to go down.

I am going to start another thread according to what I have laid out above and am gonna reserve space in as many posts as I need as of now to complete the history and records. Mostly I am going to cross-post from here, but I will also check every account for accuracy, rewrite all the accounts that are inaccurate or poorly written. Then I'll start doing the ones

LINK HERE

If you need to comment on my work, do it here, in THIS thread. Not that one.

I will aim to get 10 games done per day, so things should be done in about two weeks. Once it's done this thread will be taken down. To prevent posts from cluttering up the actual history thread, we should probably make a "General TWG Discussion" sticky thread where people can comment and past games and discuss theory and stuff. Also, both of the "beginner's guide" stickies are terrible, and should be replaced by ONE newbie thread that is actually useful. That's an issue for another day, though.
you might wanna check with The Dark Lord Manticore before sinking a ton of time into a revamp, just to make sure he's down with replacing it.

imo though anyone who is willing to get a history thread up-to-date should be rewarded with complete control over the format. +1
Old 12-9-2013, 08:31 AM   #23
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

A fair point, I'll refrain from doing any significant work on it until I hear from him.

And no problem, I'm an overachiever when it comes to things that are of no practical importance at all.

Old 12-9-2013, 09:04 AM   #24
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I'm fine with you revamping it, but why not just touch up this thread? I can edit in anything you want to touch up from the earlier games.

If you want to start from scratch go for it. Please use the same format I used in this post. This means url linking of postgame/game threads. Mention of MVP/team win/host, and a SMALL section of host comments. You don't need to include when the people died though.

It's a big undertaking. If you choose to go through with it don't leave it hanging halfway through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 12-9-2013 at 09:15 AM..
Old 12-9-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I'm fine with you revamping it, but why not just touch up this thread? I can edit in anything you want to touch up from the earlier games.

Ohh, if you're willing to collaborate and edit/replace stuff in the first few posts, that'd be fan-fuckin'-tastic. I could PM you with my work and such.

The problem that still remains though,
is that I feel it is best to have complete control over a history thread in the form that I want to follow. Look at the other thread if you haven't already. I don't want to have people talking in it, either. First of all, I'm not sure local mods can even edit posts originally posted by admins (re: chardish).

Second, I have no problem with providing the content and directing you to do all the editing. But the thing is this; the way I want to organize it, it's 20 games covered per post. These will be sandwiched between an intro post with links to jump to each section, and a post with the win records. Once another block of 20 games is finished, a new post detailing the games is needed, and the win records must be moved to the next post. As this process continues, it will eventually have to "eat" non-history posts in this thread to make room.

Not that much of those early discussion posts are relevant now, and we'd have to hit 181 games until we have a problem, but still. At the very least, we need to have a separate thread for general TWG discussion, so nobody's legit discussion posts NOW are ever in danger.

If you want to start from scratch go for it. Please use the same format I used in this post. This means url linking of postgame/game threads. Mention of MVP/team win/host, and a SMALL section of host comments. You don't need to include when the people died though.

I'm already following your format almost to the letter; see here. The only difference I have to take up with you is that with spoiler tags used as shown, I don't know if it's necessary to keep host comments "small"...but it's your call of course. In any case, action lists shouldn't be in the history, they should be in the postgame.

It's a big undertaking. If you choose to go through with it don't leave it hanging halfway through.

Like I said, I'll try to do a small portion everyday. Barring FFR exploding again, I think I'll be fine!
2ch

Last edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon; 12-9-2013 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: I'm bad at typing things
Old 12-9-2013, 01:22 PM   #26
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Yeah definatley no action lists. If people want them they can use the PG link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 12-9-2013, 01:43 PM   #27
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Sooo....how about the other points?

Old 12-9-2013, 02:27 PM   #28
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Might as well make the new thread if you want it to pan out a certain way.

I can edit chardish's old posts, but it isn't really necessary to have a middle man in this process. It'll just make it take longer.

Spoilertags are fine for host's comments.

Anything I missed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 12-9-2013, 02:41 PM   #29
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Okay, rawrf, that's all I wanted clarified and stuff.

So, I'll start work as soon as I can. And then this can be converted into a discussion thread, or a new one started, I guess.

Closed Thread