Old 05-15-2019, 01:26 PM   #1621
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
basically youre saying that null means no read

in my mind, null is still where you have attempted to read someones actions, and have not been able to put them on either side of the wall.
to me null means like, no opinion. so whether you just haven't thought about it, or you've tried to make a read and got back to square one, it's the same result of not having an opinion on the person.

Anyway I hadn't looked at your actual post since last night, so the exact wording I forgot. But I remembered the impression I got was that you had "no opinion" which I called null. either way, not thinking about it isn't really different to me
Old 05-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #1622
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
sorry, I'm responding to the other stuff, but have seriously none of you guys seen the "aaaaaa shit, here we go again" GTA meme?

cause I was just quoting that meme

roundbox said "here we go again" so I said "aaaaaaaa shit"

it's that deep for that response

But for the rest of the situation basically I will go through this EOD again but I thought when Xel made a post that said "Lar is a wolf" that he was trying to counterclaim subtly without saying so, I was trying to figure out what was going on and having a difficult time. So I figured roundbox caught on to something I was missing, but the "aaaaaaaa shit" was just a meme

I really thought you guys would get that....

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ah-shit-here-we-go-again
meme aside, i would really like a response regarding the posts surrounding haku's 'reads'. Knowing haku's role now, that interaction looks shady as fuck
Old 05-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #1623
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
meme aside, i would really like a response regarding the posts surrounding haku's 'reads'. Knowing haku's role now, that interaction looks shady as fuck
oh sorry, I kinda missed that part of the post

because his read list was really weird....? At that point, the team was pretty locked at Antori/Haku or Lar/someone else. So that's only one truly blank space, yet he had me and Shado both on his wolf reads??? Not to mention the fact that shado has been pushing me all game, it was a super weird read list that made no sense

I was actually just very confused, I had no idea if I read something wrong, or what, I thought Haku was saying that it wasn't what it meant. So when I said "oh ok, ignore me rofl", I figured I must have misinterpreted something cause how is that not a pairing....? I just didn't get it at all so I assumed I misunderstood and said ignore me

I honestly still don't quite get it, maybe Haku just messed up? not that it matters at this point. Why do you think it looks so weird?
Old 05-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #1624
Gradiant

Quote:
I honestly still don't quite get it, maybe Haku just messed up? not that it matters at this point. Why do you think it looks so weird?
because if it looked so weird to you that you'd question it, you sure dropped it immediately when the question wasn't even answered well. Instead of making sure of the response or asking for elaboration on how putting you and shado as the last two scum isn't pairing you two together, you just say 'ok, ignore me'. Feels like you asking him about his reads because you'd have to, but then not following through with it like a town having to legitimately question a possibly fake cop's reads.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #1625
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
i really don't think you're anywhere near the most universally town read, and really get the bad feelinge that you feel like you had to say it multiple times
I can see how that'd ping you, but "multiple times" is a plain exaggeration. Like I said, I don't believe the wording is accurate anymore.

Start of phase I had wolves down to Raeko or Gradiant with a slight tinfoil on you that I kept suppressing. Gradiant made that comment about "we'll talk about it tomorrow" or whatever and I got pinged super hard that he was the wolf, so I made that post saying not to insta cause it didn't seem like anyone else had any reservations and it seemed like either he or Raeko would want me dead.

By the time I went thru thread and reread everyone, those thoughts had changed and so I said "will" just to refer back to me saying previously that I'd leave one. That's also why I said "I don't think that wording is accurate anymore", and also why I said one other thing that I can talk about if I'm around and it's still relevant tomorrow.

It'd be one thing if I had kept saying or implying "omg I'm gonna die for sure in the night", but read again my post and you'll see that's plainly not true nor was the word "will" meant as more than a reference to prior thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #1626
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
At that point, the team was pretty locked at Antori/Haku or Lar/someone else. So that's only one truly blank space, yet he had me and Shado both on his wolf reads???
If you knew the team was locked as Haku or Lar plus one more, why assume he meant partners and not "these two are my scum read, there's a wolf between them"?

I had assumed you thought he meant we were partners, then backed off because you realized once he and inD said otherwise that he had meant "one out of these two" because it became clear to you that he would be playing to the world where Lar is confirmed scum.

But now you're saying that you knew there had to be a wolf in haku/lar. That doesn't quite add up with your initial question, and it especially doesn't add up with you saying you "still don't get it."

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that shado has been pushing me all game, it was a super weird read list that made no sense

I was actually just very confused, I had no idea if I read something wrong, or what, I thought Haku was saying that it wasn't what it meant. So when I said "oh ok, ignore me rofl", I figured I must have misinterpreted something cause how is that not a pairing....? I just didn't get it at all so I assumed I misunderstood and said ignore me

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #1627
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Not gonna be here for EoD.
Leaving my vote to prevent any shenanigans, just end phase whenever everyone's comfortable with what they've left

Hakulyte

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #1628
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I can see how that'd ping you, but "multiple times" is a plain exaggeration. Like I said, I don't believe the wording is accurate anymore.

Start of phase I had wolves down to Raeko or Gradiant with a slight tinfoil on you that I kept suppressing. Gradiant made that comment about "we'll talk about it tomorrow" or whatever and I got pinged super hard that he was the wolf, so I made that post saying not to insta cause it didn't seem like anyone else had any reservations and it seemed like either he or Raeko would want me dead.

By the time I went thru thread and reread everyone, those thoughts had changed and so I said "will" just to refer back to me saying previously that I'd leave one. That's also why I said "I don't think that wording is accurate anymore", and also why I said one other thing that I can talk about if I'm around and it's still relevant tomorrow.

It'd be one thing if I had kept saying or implying "omg I'm gonna die for sure in the night", but read again my post and you'll see that's plainly not true nor was the word "will" meant as more than a reference to prior thoughts.
"in case i draw the nk" is still very much aware of that path. saying that "multiple times is incorrect" is pretty like...just straight up wrong, because 2 is still multiple times. I still heavily dislike the fact that you even felt like alluding to potentially being the night kill there.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #1629
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
If you knew the team was locked as Haku or Lar plus one more, why assume he meant partners and not "these two are my scum read, there's a wolf between them"?

I had assumed you thought he meant we were partners, then backed off because you realized once he and inD said otherwise that he had meant "one out of these two" because it became clear to you that he would be playing to the world where Lar is confirmed scum.

But now you're saying that you knew there had to be a wolf in haku/lar. That doesn't quite add up with your initial question, and it especially doesn't add up with you saying you "still don't get it."
I did think he thought he meant we were partners, I backed off because I clearly misinterpreted it. The "one out of those two" thing honestly didn't become clear to me until you said it right now. idk why but it just didn't. I see two people with "scum" next to their name and nothing else, I assume he thinks we are both scum. then just "not a pairing" idk I didn't understand what that meant, not sure why cause it seems very obvious now. I just figured he was speaking in code and dropped it and also don't do drugs kids

I didn't know for sure but I thought it was a decent assumption that there was a wolf in haku/lar, it seemed like what everyone else was assuming and just generally more likely than having a setup with two legit seers

I already wrote this up before I saw your post so here's this too, I feel like a dumbass rofl

Quote:
because if it looked so weird to you that you'd question it, you sure dropped it immediately when the question wasn't even answered well. Instead of making sure of the response or asking for elaboration on how putting you and shado as the last two scum isn't pairing you two together, you just say 'ok, ignore me'. Feels like you asking him about his reads because you'd have to, but then not following through with it like a town having to legitimately question a possibly fake cop's reads.
That's really not what happened. I had no idea what Haku meant to the point I thought I must have been misinterpreting it, the "it's not a pairing" thing really threw me off like I must have misunderstood. I was ready to question it but "not a pairing" made me think wat? I guess I'm just dumb for interpreting it wrong
Old 05-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #1630
the sun fan
FFR Player

votecount:
Haku (2)- Daikyi, Shado
unvote- Gradiant

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #1631
Gradiant

But again, why didn't you question it?
Old 05-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #1632
Gradiant

I'm ready to lynch haku now
Old 05-15-2019, 06:00 PM   #1633
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
"in case i draw the nk" is still very much aware of that path. saying that "multiple times is incorrect" is pretty like...just straight up wrong, because 2 is still multiple times. I still heavily dislike the fact that you even felt like alluding to potentially being the night kill there.
I heavily dislike that you've put off reading me until this phase.
I heavily dislike that you said "nowhere near the most universally townread" like you've been keeping that factor in mind, despite it being bad for town to talk about that and despite 2nd being pretty damn near 1st
I heavily dislike that you said "multiple times" when "twice" is both truer and includes about 1000x less shade
I heavily dislike that you can read "I said", which is PAST tense and not see that it refers to a statement made in the past.
I heavily dislike that you're miscontruing my words and refusing to acknowledge the possibility of your mistake after it's been made clear to you.
I heavily dislike that you haven't stopped to consider that sometimes it's best for town to leave some stuff unsaid to avoid signaling to wolves the best path for them to take.

But these are all things I chalk up to tinfoil and try to get past on my own because bringing them up this phase doesn't help town.
Maybe take a fucking hint

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2019, 06:00 PM   #1634
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
But again, why didn't you question it?
because I thought I was just being an idiot I really don't know how else to explain it

Quote:
I'm ready to lynch haku now
same
Old 05-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #1635
Gradiant

Quote:
chill dude, he had a point about you referencing being the nk multiple times. Can't be pissed about that.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #1636
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Wait. Let daikyi read my post and clap back or decline to comment so that he isn't forced to stew with the snark I left him in that last line

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #1637
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
I heavily dislike that you've put off reading me until this phase.
I heavily dislike that you said "nowhere near the most universally townread" like you've been keeping that factor in mind, despite it being bad for town to talk about that and despite 2nd being pretty damn near 1st
I heavily dislike that you said "multiple times" when "twice" is both truer and includes about 1000x less shade
I heavily dislike that you can read "I said", which is PAST tense and not see that it refers to a statement made in the past.
I heavily dislike that you're miscontruing my words and refusing to acknowledge the possibility of your mistake after it's been made clear to you.
I heavily dislike that you haven't stopped to consider that sometimes it's best for town to leave some stuff unsaid to avoid signaling to wolves the best path for them to take.

But these are all things I chalk up to tinfoil and try to get past on my own because bringing them up this phase doesn't help town.
the fuck did this toxicness come from lmao
Old 05-15-2019, 06:06 PM   #1638
Daikyi
FFR Player

i made a point about how i'm reading your stuff. you're like "nooo you're misconstruing shit" and i'm like "yeah but no, i'm interpreting this way, and relaying it in thread the way i see it.

I'm questioning the legitimacy of this outburst now because it's happened multiple times this game tbh, the first time i just stopped touching shado because he was being really condescending and toxic, and i'm unsure why actually the chill level dropped all of a sudden
Old 05-15-2019, 06:08 PM   #1639
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Being called condescending and toxic is rich coming from the guy who's consistently taunted players in this game using other players as an insult. "you're playing like (name)" "this is (name)tier"

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #1640
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

The word "fucking" aside, each of those is a valid issue you've had this phase and the take a hint part stands as a reminder to consider what is and isn't wise to bring up before crucial night actions

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread