Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #481
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Suspicious Scores thread (Formerly Hacked Scores)

lmao I didn't just post that vid here to spark drama. After watching the vid a few times while looking only at the judgment, I'm fairly certain that the judgment goes lighter green and shorter in length for very brief moments (not just at 2:17, during a few of the quicker burstier sections as well, which is obviously much harder to detect considering the time between subsequent judgments is reduced significantly). I would hate for it just to be the quality of the video fucking with my eyes, but I rewatched a few times and felt confident enough to post that here. And again, if by some chance in hell I'm wrong, I apologize tenfold since it's kinda ridic to be putting up with bs calls after making vids.

@gnr, the vid sounds like a very good run on the file according to the keytaps (definitely some sort of SDG), but it's ridiculously difficult to discern what someone got on a song going off keytaps alone. I'm certain I can make a Grist vid that definitely sounds like a AAA based on my keytaps without it actually being one. And a few other people have made vids that sound legit as hell when they actually weren't. Sprite's botted DP AAA (lol) comes to mind...watching it once or twice casually will sound like he actually pulled it off (although I'm sure some stepmen can scrutinize the hell out of the vid and find exactly where he derped), and iirc Kommi posted a few vids of him 'quadding' some shit that sounded legit to pretty much everyone

tl;dr - :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 02-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #482
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

who's p.nano
Old 02-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #483
shadow 1800
I can't think of anything

Send a message via Skype™ to shadow 1800

This is pretty much the equivalent to witch hunting. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #484
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow 1800 View Post
This is pretty much the equivalent to witch hunting. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
You miss the fact there is no innocent. YOU'RE ALL GUILTYYYYYYYYYY
Old 02-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #485
shadow 1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
you miss the fact there is no innocent. You're all guiltyyyyyyyyyy
burn the witch! I swar they r bs!!

edit: In all honesty/seriousness, the quality of the video isn't good enough to declare stuff like this. Just request a irl meet up or better quality vids if it bothers you that much.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #486
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

^^ I agree, it's hard to call bs / prove otherwise on a video like that, atrocious quality hehu.
(I'm actually surprised to hear that the droid has that bad of recording quality lmao)
Old 02-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #487
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow 1800 View Post
In all honesty/seriousness, the quality of the video isn't good enough to declare stuff like this. Just request a irl meet up or better quality vids if it bothers you that much.
In response to this, and all the other comments from the past few pages implying that everyone calls bs on everyone better than them lol: I have a very large amount of respect for anyone on here that's in the skill range capable of AAAing mid-high FGOs and beyond, and I actually get pretty happy whenever someone stuck in the FMO range breaks through to this point.

What irritates me is how easy this game is to cheat. My knowledge of botting/programming is extremely limited sadly, but I'm well aware of how difficult it is to make a bot for FFR (hint: it's not). I play for fun and for ranks, and it irks me seeing botted scores from time to time (although sometimes it's kinda funny lol), almost to the point of not wanting to participate in competitive play. Hilarious analogy: I bought Dark Souls mainly for the PvP aspect, although the main game is also fucking awesome. When that infinite soul glitch was discovered and people were already maxing their stats completely without even having to start NG+, I lost a fuckton of interest in the game. A large component for most games that have some sort of established community is respect for other players of all skill levels and what they've done to get to the point they're at, and if that's destroyed through hacking/botting/bs'ing etc., then :/

On topic, I really want Anaru to be legit, and if it's not too much trouble I have a vid request with minor stipulations that I'll post on his profile in a bit. I'll cease and apologize for all the bs'ery towards him after he does it (and I'll be pretty happy knowing there's someone active in the community right now that rivals Dossar).

Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #488
shadow 1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
In response to this, and all the other comments from the past few pages implying that everyone calls bs on everyone better than them lol: I have a very large amount of respect for anyone on here that's in the skill range capable of AAAing mid-high FGOs and beyond, and I actually get pretty happy whenever someone stuck in the FMO range breaks through to this point.

What irritates me is how easy this game is to cheat. My knowledge of botting/programming is extremely limited sadly, but I'm well aware of how difficult it is to make a bot for FFR (hint: it's not). I play for fun and for ranks, and it irks me seeing botted scores from time to time (although sometimes it's kinda funny lol), almost to the point of not wanting to participate in competitive play. Hilarious analogy: I bought Dark Souls mainly for the PvP aspect, although the main game is also fucking awesome. When that infinite soul glitch was discovered and people were already maxing their stats completely without even having to start NG+, I lost a fuckton of interest in the game. A large component for most games that have some sort of established community is respect for other players of all skill levels and what they've done to get to the point they're at, and if that's destroyed through hacking/botting/bs'ing etc., then :/

On topic, I really want Anaru to be legit, and if it's not too much trouble I have a vid request with minor stipulations that I'll post on his profile in a bit. I'll cease and apologize for all the bs'ery towards him after he does it (and I'll be pretty happy knowing there's someone active in the community right now that rivals Dossar).
I understand where you are coming from. In the past few years tons of good players have come and gone and of course a few of em are bound to be bs at one point or another, but I was just stating you can't declare someone is bs without enough evidence. Saying that you think you saw a good isn't the right approach with that kind of video quality, especially since you say you saw it at the easy part at the end where someone with that skill level shouldn't mess up in the first place. All I am saying is instead of saying sorry but you are bs just request a better video.

Also OWA i have nothing but respect for you and your opinion does matter a lot to me, but in this situation i just don't think calling bs is the right thing to do at this point because of uncertainty.

Last edited by shadow 1800; 02-10-2012 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #489
MasterOfTheTaco
deer god
FFR Veteran

ffr is really really serious guys im stressing the fuark out oh my god
Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #490
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Maybe it would be more convincing if he hit random buttons on his first play and then AAA a FGO in his video?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #491
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheTaco View Post
ffr is really really serious guys im stressing the fuark out oh my god
I don't see anybody stressing here but you, who is the only one taking the time to troll. I see a logical and civil conversation about legitimacy and fun. Calm yourself~

My two cents about the matter is this: I am not a high tier player, so one or two hacked scores doesn't affect my av rank like other players, but it's frustrating to know people get away with it so easily only for the fact that "omgz ffr is srs businez~" The more people cheat, the less fun the game is, and that's really all some people are sticking around for these days anyway. -.-

PS: I'm not saying Anaru is or isn't bs, but this IS the suspicious scores thread, not for sure hack scores, owa thought the vid was suspicious so he posted it here. Simple as that.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #492
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

people who cheat on ffr are 3.2 times more likely to cheat on their spouse or significant other
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #493
shadow 1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
I don't see anybody stressing here but you, who is the only one taking the time to troll. I see a logical and civil conversation about legitimacy and fun. Calm yourself~

My two cents about the matter is this: I am not a high tier player, so one or two hacked scores doesn't affect my av rank like other players, but it's frustrating to know people get away with it so easily only for the fact that "omgz ffr is srs businez~" The more people cheat, the less fun the game is, and that's really all some people are sticking around for these days anyway. -.-

PS: I'm not saying Anaru is or isn't bs, but this IS the suspicious scores thread, not for sure hack scores, owa thought the vid was suspicious so he posted it here. Simple as that.
There are a few people who aren't really posting relative to the topic, but for the most part everyone is having healthy discussion. Nobody is flaming anyone, cussing, and making ban worthy posts.

To sum it up though more videos or evidence is needed to get a deciding factor. I'm sure if Anaru got a camera man this would be settled very easy. Anaru when you see this i recommend you get a friend who has a better camera and make another vid. It doesn't have to be a crazy FGO AAA, hell if anything do a song you can't AAA easily that way you at least show you can get goods.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #494
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
Maybe it would be more convincing if he hit random buttons on his first play and then AAA a FGO in his video?
Yeah, that's something I would really like to see, playing the first 50 notes or so, booing out and showing the score, and then proceeding to have an actual go at the file. Doesn't even really need to be a AAA, 2 or better would be fine as long as it's at least a mid FGO.

Booting up the comp on vid would help too but I guess it isn't entirely necessary.

@shadow, you're right, I probably shouldn't have come out and immediately called bs since the vid quality is kinda derpy lol. I can't be 100% certain of what I saw but the fact that the judgment text appeared to be both lighter in colour and shorter in text length seemed to be confirmation enough for me at the time. If he makes another vid with what's suggested above, I'll take it back~

Quote:

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 02-10-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 02-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #495
Anaru
Banned
FFR Veteran

video inc
sorry for the late response everyone, had class from 9am to 12 in the afternoon

edit: here it is

i also noticed that the vid quality gets a lot lower when i upload it to youtube >:[
and i also learned that you can actually tell apart goods from perfects! they appear much lighter on cam.

Last edited by Anaru; 02-10-2012 at 02:41 PM..
Old 02-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #496
albaneenesk8r
I Fap For Justice
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to albaneenesk8r Send a message via MSN to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Yahoo to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Skype™ to albaneenesk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaru View Post
video inc
sorry for the late response everyone, had class from 9am to 12 in the afternoon

edit: here it is

i also noticed that the vid quality gets a lot lower when i upload it to youtube >:[
and i also learned that you can actually tell apart goods from perfects! they appear much lighter on cam.
D: reminds me of the old Av miss days lol but with no miss :3

great video though. +1
My hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u so heavy even aphro cant carry ur ass
Old 02-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #497
One Winged Angel

Sorry, just got home from school. I had seen you'd posted earlier but didn't have a chance to respond since I was in class. Just finished watching it, good video and I have no doubt in my mind that shenanigans weren't going on during your play, but I guess I should've elaborated on what I meant by mid FGO lol (which I fully intended on doing when I was going to post on your profile, it just happened that you beat me by posting that vid first). What I mean by mid FGO probably differs from what others think it means, but I believe the way I segment the FGO tiers is pretty accurate. Gonna need to get elitist for a second here, sadly.

Also, long post will be long, but I'll try to save as much text while still getting my point across.

Also in b4 FFR = srs bsns, etc.

High FGOs are obvious: Revo, do i smile?, Husigi, WWE, AQD, AT...the FGOs that are the most brutal to PA (I'm including some files that might be more accurately labeled as 13 but are currently 12s in game). Asking you to get 2g or better to prove legitimacy would be ridiculous and completely unfair.

Mid FGOs, imo, include songs like Slashmaid, DeVouR, Shmollbluk, Chik Habit, grind2 (which was going to be the subset of five songs I wanted you to make the vid of), with songs like Scrap Syndrome pushing the upper boundaries.

Now if I were to ever run a tournament and create divisions based on pure FFR ability, it would run very similar in structure to hi19's...except Dossar would be frozen where he is and everyone else would be shifted down one division (the only reason this isn't done is because Dossar can't compete against himself lol). The way I'd segment the top division would be as follows:

D6-A = Can AAA most high FGOs, few low 13s
D6-B = Can AAA most mid FGOs, few high FGOs
D6-C = Can AAA most low FGOs, few mid FGOs

With that, Dossar's chillin' by himself in D6-A (not including Rubix in this being A) he's no longer active and B) I don't want to start Rubix drama in this thread). D6-B is samurai to Xayphon, with everyone in between (Halogen, leonid, Alex, etc.), since these guys can snag most of the mid FGOs mentioned. D6-C would probably be me downwards to anyone that has at least five FGO AAAs.

Ok, so what's the point?

You've been playing like a D6-A player, or at the very least absolute top of D6-B. D6-C players can snag the ZS AAA imo (which is really just a 3:30 high FMO), and I'd label it accordingly as a low FGO. What the vid proved to me was that you could contend with the D6-C'rs, but your scores put you on a level much further above that.

Hell, I logged in one afternoon around noon server time and you'd slammed 20+ FGOs that day already -- after having nabbed the vast majority of low FGOs the day before lmao. Some of these included a few of the mid FGOs I'd mentioned above, so you should be more than capable of nabbing 2 or fewer after your vidded derpy initial play.

Please understand that the reason I'm suggesting you make another vid using one of the songs mentioned above is not solely because I refuse to drop this after being spoonfed several videos, it's just that you're able to PA songs of far greater difficulty than ZS. Getting a score on vid that's worse than my personal best doesn't really prove much to me, because I'm well aware of how large the gaps are between top tier players.

in b4 OWA just fuccen drop this already lmfao

...Christ, I have a feeling this is gonna be a super long post

edit: LOL YUP

Quote:

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 02-10-2012 at 06:12 PM..
Old 02-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #498
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
words
tl;dr version:
Anaru, I do not feel a non-AAA on ZS on video cuts it.
Please do better- at the beginning of my post I realize asking you to match your best scores on vid is kind of unreasonable, but I'm asking you to do it anyway.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #499
Anaru
Banned
FFR Veteran

oh yeah, i'll get some harder FGOs on video then haha

i totally understand
Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #500
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
tl;dr version:
Anaru, I do not feel a non-AAA on ZS on video cuts it.
Please do better- at the beginning of my post I realize asking you to match your best scores on vid is kind of unreasonable, but I'm asking you to do it anyway.
2g or better on one of those mid FGOs mentioned isn't really the most difficult thing in the world for someone who slaughtered 20+ FGOs excluding the piss easy ones in half a day. Perfectly reasonable imo.

Asking him to replicate his Rain/Scrap Syndrome AAAs would be totally unreasonable.

edit: thank you for not being a douche w/ respect to my post, ohn

Quote:
Closed Thread