Old 05-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #1
RedSword69
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default "Number of AAAs"

Hi,

I recently booflag'ed a song (Bar Blackout). I got ranked 655, however that song has 630 AAAs. How is that possible ?

Would that mean that when you repeat someone' score, you get ranked after them ? With exception made for the AAAs ? Shouldn't the behaviour be consistent (between AAAs & non-AAAs) ?

RedSword
RedSword69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:33 PM   #2
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: "Number of AAAs"

you are tied with 24 other people who have booflagged the file. The 630 people who have AAAed the song all share rank 1, the most recent person to AAA the file does not have rank 630.

The way that ties are ranked, and this is the way it is done in most events as far as I know (golf, for example) is such that if there are, say, three players tied behind 2nd place, those three players are tied for 5th place rather than 3rd. (There are, of course, exceptions to this but that's how its done on FFR.)

The difference here is that the people who have AAAed the file are not behind anyone, and as a result they are not sharing rank 630 or whatever number, whereas all lower ties share the lowest rank.

EDIT: ok that's not how it works in golf apparently

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 05-12-2018 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: golf
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
tosh
O Derby, Where Art Thou?
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
you are tied with 24 other people who have booflagged the file. The 630 people who have AAAed the song all share rank 1, the most recent person to AAA the file does not have rank 630.

The way that ties are ranked, and this is the way it is done in most events as far as I know (golf, for example) is such that if there are, say, three players tied behind 2nd place, those three players are tied for 5th place rather than 3rd. (There are, of course, exceptions to this but that's how its done on FFR.)

The difference here is that the people who have AAAed the file are not behind anyone, and as a result they are not sharing rank 630 or whatever number, whereas all lower ties share the lowest rank.

EDIT: ok that's not how it works in golf apparently
Actually, that's not how it works on FFR either. If a file (say Poison of the Earth) has 27 AAAs, then the 6 people with booflags are all rank 28.

I imagine there is something specific about 100 Bar Blackout's scoreboard that was showing an incorrect rank (maybe the old removed botted scores were pushing down the rank in the engine? idk).
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:49 PM   #4
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
Actually, that's not how it works on FFR either. If a file (say Poison of the Earth) has 27 AAAs, then the 6 people with booflags are all rank 28.

I imagine there is something specific about 100 Bar Blackout's scoreboard that was showing an incorrect rank (maybe the old removed botted scores were pushing down the rank in the engine? idk).
oh oops

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote