Old 10-7-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
VampireDemoness13A31
FFR Player

Default Experiment13a31

***NOTE THE DATE FOR EACH ENTRY

Prologue -- PG

September 3, 2134

My studies began years ago, but all of what I’d read and theorized led to a dead end with no possible way of finding a way out. I finally realized that I’d just been looking in the wrong places. Today, I decided to try looking outside the box, and I made and astounding discovery. The one element that demons and the half-breeds can control that we can’t can be controlled by humans. We just have to be a little creative.

I can’t believe I didn’t find it before. It’s so obvious. So simple. All we need is a demon heart from a fire elemental demon. We don’t need to go talk to the fire god, no, just a guinea pig human to try the experiment on and the heart of a fire elemental demon. It’s as easy as that.

The experiment will be preformed a week from tomorrow. We already have our guinea pig. She’s small, young. Her body should be able to adapt well to the new ability she’ll gain. As for how long it will last… That’s yet to be determined. If all goes well it’ll last her life time without shortening it any. Still, I shouldn’t hope too strongly for that. Still, if she should die it won’t matter. I only just adopted her today, and she has no living family. I’ll just adopt another if necessary.

If I’m lucky, it won’t be necessary. I don’t want to pay to adopt something I don’t want that badly, again.

- James W. Conor

September 17, 2136

Everything went well. She’s still alive and her ability to control her element is astounding for her age. She’s only seven now, if I remember correctly. It’s still too early to tell if it’ll last or not. Once she’s old enough to write and read well she’ll be given a notebook to record what happens to her, how she feels and such. Until then, just asking her will do.

We have a nurse staying with her; teaching her, playing with her, and guarding her. At night we just rely on a guard by her door. We don’t want anyone stealing her, after all, she is valuable to us. If all goes well with her then we want to be able to make it possible for other humans to control the fire element as well, too.

If only she weren’t so timid around me or the other scientists. That would be helpful. Especially when she shies away from using her element. She can use it well, but she won’t willingly. Such a strange child.

- James W. Conor

October 3, 2139

She’s begun to cry whenever we ask her to use her element. This confuses us greatly, as all we want to do is observe if she can use it as well as when she was first granted this gift.

We managed to get her to use it yesterday, and it was fine then. I wouldn’t imagine something could happen in so short a time. Even so, I don’t want to be dead set on such things.

As for our observations thus far, her element as of yesterday is just as strong as it was when she first got it. She’s still healthy, though, her body temperature is above that of an average ten-year-old child. We think it must be because of the fire element that now resides within her. She’s still very timid around people despite that she knows us all very well. She carries her doll, whom she dubbed “Suzie” upon receiving it, with her everywhere. She’ll cry when it’s taken away so she’s allowed to have it wherever she goes.

- James W. Conor

August 24, 2144

10:30 am

Her behavior changed distinctly after reaching her teenage years. She likes to be left alone, though, she still likes her doll. Her body temperature is still, and has been since ten years ago, abnormally high. She rarely eats now, almost as if she believes that we’d dare to drug her. I’ll admit that we never have tried that. She’s still timid and extraordinarily quiet around even us.

She’s had a notebook since she was ten but hasn’t used it at all. I can’t figure out why she wouldn’t use it. I’ve tried asking her, but she wouldn’t reply to me.

I often catch her looking out the window, longingly. We haven’t let her outside since she arrived her, but only for her protection. Humans and demons alike want her just for her element. It is the fire element, after all. The only one humans shouldn’t be able to handle.

She is still able to control her element as well as she could on day one. It hasn’t left her at all. Even so, she refuses to use it each and every time we ask her to. Why she refuses to use it, I don’t understand. She won’t answer us that, either. She won’t answer many of our questions, actually.

Wait… something’s happened..

5:46 pm

She managed to escape us. She burned her bed and doll and ran off with a blond headed boy. I sent two scientists after her but they came back hours later beaten and bruised claiming a demon attacked them. None of this I understand. Why she would leave… Why she would go with complete strangers… None of this makes sense to me! What would’ve made her act this way? We need her back, or our experiment could be sold off somewhere and someone else could figure out how we were able to do what we did.

I will not lose my valuable Experiment 13A31. She is my ticket to fame, fortune, and above all else, shear glory.

- James W. Conor

Yes, this is all mine, and yes the entire story will be written in journal entries. Not all of them will be by James Conor, though. I'll chance the font so you can tell who's writing the journal entry easier.

Um... Yeah. Please read and review. I like to know where to improve and if people actually like what I write and all. .-.

Oh, I rate each chapter seperately. All in all the story is PG-13, but not every chapter is PG-13...so...yeah. I'm weird.

My fiction Experiment 13A31 -- rated PG-13 (last update 11/3/2007)

My forums: IcyMoon Forums

My dA: <3 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quote of the month:
Stop talking, you're hurting my voice.
VampireDemoness13A31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
ShastaTwist
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Experiment13a31

I like this story a lot. It's different than most of the things that people post in here.

There are a few typos, nothing major. No real complaints from me.
ShastaTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-2007, 05:36 PM   #3
VampireDemoness13A31
FFR Player

Thank you. ^^
I'll post the first chapter...probably next weekend.

Quote:
Old 10-8-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
ShastaTwist
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Also, what are the scientists?
Old 10-8-2007, 05:33 AM   #5
Dimitri13
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Dimitri13

Change the name.

You don't want people to connect your story with Terminator 2(?).

WHARE'S SARAH CONNAR.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsonistsgetallthegirls
changing Antarctica into a desert
good thing theres lots of sand under all the ice
Dimitri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
VampireDemoness13A31
FFR Player

Quote:
Also, what are the scientists?
What do you mean?

Quote:
Change the name.
I can't. It's the girl's code name.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
kryptonlegion
FFR Player

That is one good excerpt. Hope to read the first chapter soon.
kryptonlegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:31 AM   #8
ShastaTwist
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireDemoness13A31 View Post
What do you mean?
Species wise.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #9
commander_toast
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to commander_toast Send a message via MSN to commander_toast Send a message via Yahoo to commander_toast

THIS SI VERY GOOD gREAT JOB
commander_toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
VampireDemoness13A31
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShastaTwist View Post
Species wise.
...humans.

Chapter one: Friends and Secrets

24 August, 2144

10:00 am

I’ve finally made up my mind to use this journal. I don’t know how often I’ll write, but I will write. I’ll use this time to say that I’ve finally made up my mind to leave Professor Conor’s lab.

I don’t like it here, so why stay? There’s a world outside this place, after all. I’ve seen a little bit of it outside the window in my room and it looks wonderful! It has to be better than where I’ve been living, at least.

I’m honestly not sure where I’ll go after I leave but…if I want to leave, the sooner the better. I’ll write more later.

6:24 pm

I think that’s the time. I asked Mark, but he didn’t know so I was forced to ask Aries. (I think that’s his name.) It’s not so bad that I had to ask Aries instead, just a bit…unnerving. He frightens me, but it’s only because of his appearance…or maybe his attitude…or…maybe his fighting…it could be his swearing… Maybe it’s just…him in general.

He’s a scary person…or…demon…or…I don’t know. Now I feel self-conscious in a way. He’s watching me write. It wouldn’t be so bad if I were good at writing, but I’m not. I never know what to say.

Maybe I should talk more about today. Say, about how Aries frightened me in the first place. Let me start from the beginning, after I left the lab.

After setting fire to my bed sheets and leaving Suzie, my doll, in my room and leaving through the window I ran through town blind to my surroundings. I just wanted to get away before the scientists there had a chance to find out what I’d done. I ended up running into Mark, embarrassing myself greatly. I apologized to him and started to walk away but he held me where I was.

“Why’re you in such a hurry?” he asked me.

I looked at the ground, trying not to look back at the lab. I worried that if I did it might give him too much of a hint about what this place really was. He repeated his question, but I still didn’t reply. I couldn’t keep from not looking back at the lab any longer, and when I did I saw two of the scientists walking towards us.

He noticed who I was looking at and asked what was going on, if they’d hurt me.

“N-no! Of course not!” I’d said. I didn’t some innocent person involved in something like this. It could go all wrong in so many different ways.

He didn’t seem to believe me and, gripping my arm, turned and ran out of town. I couldn’t understand why he’d be helping me, let alone why he’d need to lead me out of town to do so. Maybe he didn’t want to create a spectacle out of my issue with the scientists of the lab?

We stopped abruptly on a hill when I tripped over a large tree root and twisting my ankle. Embarrassed I apologized to him for my clumsiness, and as I did I noticed that he wasn’t alone anymore. The scientists were still huffing their way up the hill, but by my rescuer stood a wolf-eared boy who appeared to be about sixteen.

I gawked at him, but my fascination was short lived. The scientists had reached the top of the hill, and I unconsciously scooted myself closer to the trunk of the tree. The wolf-eared boy and Mark both noticed this, and turned back to the scientists.

“Picking on innocent girls a hobby of yours?” The demon asked the two men.

They chuckled as if he’d said something funny. “No, no. We just came to take her back to where she lives,” the thinner one, known as Derrick said.

“Yes,” the chubbier one, Carlisle, said as he turned towards me. “Now, come on, precious.”

I shock my head, violently. Aries didn’t seem to like this reaction from me and glared at the two scientists.

“What the hell have you been doing to her?” he asked them, not at all pleased.

The recognized anger in his tone and turned to face him in unease.

Well?! I’m waiting!” he said.

Derrick and Carlisle shock noticeably, unable to think of an answer they thought that he’d accept as good enough. I couldn’t think of anything to say, and Mark was staying quiet. Maybe I shouldn’t talk either? That’s what I stuck with.

I sat and watched as Aries interrogated the two men, but received no answers. And when he did, the answers he got weren’t good enough for him. In the end, the two men ended up beaten and Aries, Mark, and I left with me on Aries’s back.

Then we end up at where we are now, with Aries watching me as I write making me feel a bit uneasy. I think I’ll stop writing for now, though. I’m hungry and tired, and it looks like our dinner is done. Rabbit. That should be…interesting.

I’ll try and write soon, though.

*Michi

27 August, 2144

I haven’t really thought about it until now, but I’ve never honestly had a friend. Well, not since the orphanage, but that was ten years ago, and I doubt I’ll ever see that little boy again so it’s not much use bringing him up.

Anyway, I can’t remember well what makes a friend. Does just being there make them your friend or do they have to do something special? I, honestly, can’t remember. Aw…Aries read. He’s laughing. I feel stupid now. Hm…I could ask Aries and Mark. I can’t look any dumber than I already do. They’ve seen me trip and fall and Aries has laughed at what I’ve just recently said in my journal. Might as well ask.

“What makes a friend?”

Aries looks over at me, almost as if he pities me. Mark looks surprised. Maybe this is something I should already know. It’s not my fault. Not really, anyway. I’ve been trapped in a lab since I was five.

“Someone that cares.” I think that was Aries. It’s hard for me to tell. Mark talks more than Aries, but it’s rarely ever to me so I don’t know either of their voices very well.

Someone that cares…that makes sense. Well then, none of the people in the lab were my friends. I knew that before, but it’s much more definite now. None of them ever really cared much about me. Not as a human, an individual, anyway. I was just their cherished experiment. Only cared about to keep me alive and safe because I was their experiment, and tha—

“Experiment…?” Aries asked.

I know it was Aries this time. He’s the only one that reads over my shoulder from time to time.

“Um…y-yes…”

He looks at me as if repulsed by the idea of me, let alone anyone, being an experiment. He appears to be in thought for a minute before speaking again.

“Which experiment?” he asks.

There’s only one I can think of. Experiment 13A31, the experiment to allow human beings to control the element of fire. Stupid, greedy humans. I can’t understand why they think they have to have everything. I also can’t understand why I had to be the one they experimented on in the first place. I didn’t want to be a guinea pig for some stupid experiment!

I think he understands which experiment. He hasn’t asked, he’s just been reading over my shoulder again. Sometimes I wish he wouldn’t read over my shoulder. If he wants to know something…why can’t he just ask…? I don’t understand. Maybe I will in time. I don’t know. Either way, this is all for today. I started late and it’s hard to write by firelight.

‘Til next time,
*Michi

29 August, 2144

Aries is a complicated person. With just a short list of words he’s: Kind, selfish, quiet, serious, and most important of all, short-tempered. It didn’t take long to figure this out, though. I just…don’t understand how he can be all those things and yet…be so likable.

As for why I’m bringing this up… I just found out, today, that Aries doesn’t like half-demons. Why, I’m not sure. They seem just fine to me, but he doesn’t like them. I’ll explain so you aren’t so confused.

We’d stopped to make camp yesterday in a small clearing. Mark went out to gather wood for a fire, and Aries stayed behind with me. It was quiet, neither one of us bothering to say anything to the other. The only sounds heard were the rustling of leaves in the wind and my heart, which was beating faster and harder than normal from the closeness of him.

Then, for seemingly no reason, he got tense and looked out ahead of us at the trees. I was confused. He’d been fine before, and I couldn’t see anything coming yet. I definitely couldn’t hear anything coming.

Something had to have been wrong though. I could hear a low, deep growl rising in his chest, and I grew uneasy. Maybe something really was coming. Was I in danger, or was he just over reacting? Was it a fierce demon, or was it more scientists from the lab?

Fear welled up within me, and I felt like crying. I huddled into a little ball and closed my eyes tight and shook. Aries would protect me, I was sure he would. I shouldn’t freak out like this, but I couldn’t help it. I just wasn’t the brave kind of person. Then I heard and unfamiliar voice.

“What’re you two doing here? Don’t you know it’s dangerous for humans to be in these woods? She could be killed easy!”

I hadn’t even heard anyone step out from the trees, but apparently someone had. I opened my eyes and looked at the stranger. He had light, light blue hair and silver eyes. Aside from that he looked like an ordinary teenage boy, tall and lanky. And he seemed to care for my safety, though he didn’t know me. He’d at least expressed concern for my possibly getting killed out here.

What I didn’t understand was why I would be in more danger in these woods than elsewhere.

“What’s so dangerous about these woods…?” I asked.

Both Aries and the new comer looked at me. The blue haired boy sighed and spoke.

“This is the forest of demons. All demons live in here. There are a select few villages where demons co-exist with humans or other peoples but not many. It’s mainly…well…demons,” he explained.

“Are you a demon?”

He shook his head and chuckled. I didn’t know how this was funny, but he found it to be so.

“Half.” That one word cleared it up. Why he looked so much more human than Aries, why his hair and eyes were different, why he was so stealthy. Almost everything about him was explained from just that one word. Except…why didn’t Aries like him? That I might never understand.

I invited the half-demon, known as Ice, to stay with us. Aries didn’t refuse, much to my liking. Ice did seem nice, after all, and I like friends. To be honest…I consider Mark and Aries my friends. I wonder if they know that. I hope so. I trust both of them, and Ice too, with all my heart. I’ve never felt so wanted until now.

I’ll write more soon.
*Michi

Quote:
Old 11-4-2007, 01:52 AM   #11
ShastaTwist
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sorry. The scientists just seemed like they weren't human for that first entry. I don't know.
Old 11-4-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
VampireDemoness13A31
FFR Player

Well, they are. The scientists want humans to be able to control fire just as well as the demons and half-demons can. Jealous they are. .-.

Quote: