Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz
Default TWG XLVI Host Sign-ups

Go.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default Re: TWG XLVI Host Sign-ups

Going:

In light of the recent retardedness and inactivity I have a minor proposal:

14 Player game.
3 wolves. Kamaze wolf (if lynched takes down a human at random), MW, and a regular wolf.

3 blues: Guardian, cursed seer (seers a color that's not the true color), limited seer (one seering every other night phase).

8 humans.

Read:

I can promise my full hosting talents to be shown in this game as the others I've hosted. The current game just sucked. Too much arguing and not enough understanding of the original structure. You guys have my word as the player and host I've been since October that I will make this a good game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Hmmm... I have two mystery twists for it too. And I've never done something with mysteries.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 06-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #4
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

TWG XLVI: In a time before AIM

12 player game

Team Good

Fortune teller: Typical seer. Recieves Red/Green/Blue upon seering. One seer per night. Sends pm to the host with the name of the person they wish to seer.

Bodyguard: A type of guardian, however less powerful. The bodyguard chooses one person each night to guard. If he is sucessful in his guarding, the bodyguard will die instead of the wolves target.

Sherif: The Sherif is the best of the humans. Incredibly strong and an immense force of will make him quite capable of taking down a bad guy in one on one combat. Also, upon his death (lynch or wolving, not brutal attack), he may shoot anyone he deems worthy of killing.

Abilities:
1. The sherif is a brutal human, when he dies (via wolving or lynching), he may choose to kill someone. (pm sent to host as soon as the player finds out, If i receive a pm after the phase after he has died, the kill will not happen)
2. If the game comes down to 2 players, (a wolf and the sherif, the humans automatically win)

6 humans Generic human

Team Evil

Wolf Leader: The wolf leader is a typical brutal wolf.

2 Wolfs: typical wolves

Other info
cardflipping: on
nightposting: on
AIM: OFF

Yup, thats right. NO AIM, no pms between players. All conversations and accusations must be made in the thread. This will doubtlessly increase activity. The only exception to this is the wolves. The wolves will be allowed to communicate at will.

If I catch anyone talking to other players about this game other than the wolves, or find out about it later, you will be banned for 1 game after this one. I am quite serious about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 06-30-2008 at 10:01 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Makilaz
TWG Princess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Makilaz Send a message via AIM to Makilaz Send a message via MSN to Makilaz Send a message via Yahoo to Makilaz Send a message via Skype™ to Makilaz

...brilliant Manti. I love it.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #6
LifeVirus7
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to LifeVirus7

---Turnabout Werewolves---

June 30, 2008
11:03 PM
Courtroom No. 13

*crowd murmurs as usual*

Payne: With all of this evidence, it's an absolute fact: the defendant is guilty of murder. Not only did he foolishly leave incriminating evidence at the crime scenes, he was caught trying to remove it!

*crowd murmurs and mutters*

Judge: *bangs his gavel twice* Order! Order in this court!

*in the audience sits Phoenix Wright*

Phoenix: This is a surprise. Payne actually lived up to his nickname of the Rookie Crusher. That new defense attorney over there is falling to pieces. Makes me feel glad he wasn't this on-the-ball in my first case.

Judge: This court sees no reason to further prolong the trial. Nor is there any need for more time to decide the case against the defendant. This case is extremely clear. I see no room for mis-interpretation of the facts. This court finds the defendant...

HOLD IT!

Payne: As much as I want to see this criminal earn the punishment he deserves, I believe we can give him one chance to slightly redeem himself. Defendant, I believe you were a part of a growing crime syndicate in town?

*crowd murmurs, gasps, and babble*

Judge: *bangs gavel 3 times* ORDER! ORDER IN THIS COURTROOM! *bangs gavel twice more* Mr. Payne! Why did you not bring up this detail in the cross-examination?!

Payne: It merely slipped my mind your Honor, honest. But now I'm giving the court a chance to hear the true masterminds behind the recent trend of murders.

Judge: ...Very well. I suppose we can hold off on the verdict until after we hear these names. Defendant! You will name for us the leaders of your syndicate!

*lights suddenly go out*

*loud gunshots ring out*

Phoenix: AHHHHH!!!

Crowd: *MASS panic, screaming, and overall chaos in attempts to flee the courtroom*

Judge: Baliff! BALIFF!!! TURN THE LIGHTS ON IMMEDIATLY! WE MUST SEE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!

*lights snap on*

*the galley can be seen rushing to exit the courtroom, the defendant is laying face down in the Witness Stand in a pool of blood, and Winston Payne's forehead has a bloody circle right through it*

*both the defendant and Winston Payne are dead*

---End game introduction---

The trial (game) begins with
13 Humans
3 Wolves

16 Total

Players will receive a character name, quick character intro, alignment, and ability if they have one.

There will be blues, but the number will be left unknown for now, I'm still thinking of powers for certain characters. They WILL be decided by the time the game starts though. There will be many different abilities that I thought up that revolve around the characters of the Ace Attorney world. Whether some powers are balanced or others ridiculous can be told after it's over.

I'll try to make scripts to each phase based on what happens, like the introduction above. And I won't be inactive as host, I've got no plans over the summer that's gonna distract me from this. Unless something comes up, in which case it'll be said in the thread.

Oh, and some characters that should be dead/in jail are alive/free. I don't care about continuity, I want to use these characters!

Special terms I feel like using just for this game
Investigation Phase: Nighttime (Everybody looks for clues and some powers are used as all communicate. Wolves are out to screw with everybody's investigations.)
Trial Phase: Daytime (The jury debates who is guilty and some powers are used.)
Hospitalized: Wolf kill (They are seriously injured and can't return to court. Why aren't they killed? Because I said so!)
Jail: Lynching (Baliff! Take this person away!)

Last edited by LifeVirus7; 07-1-2008 at 10:05 AM..
LifeVirus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #7
rzr
TWG Veteran

+1 support for Manti Let's get this show on the road. It'll be fun. I'm withdrawing my game, I'll put some more thought into in and propose it after the sign ups are up.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-30-2008, 10:32 PM   #8
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

dear manticore, how do you plan on creating human alliances if no PMs are allowed? especially considering you don't have a constant guardian but a bodyguard instead.
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Hosting a Mystery game I recently played courtesy of Tokzic.

It was a fantastic game - on par with Manti's zelda games and almost as good as DBP's castle item game.

If you know anything about the game don't be a dick and sign up.

Last edited by FictionJunction; 06-30-2008 at 11:01 PM..
Old 06-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #10
DrKirth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

LifeVirus's game looks rather interesting will the chef be a character too?

Be efficient.

DrKirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Manti. Should be interesting to see how the game unfolds without the help of AIM. I'd like to try it out and see how it works. This could be a breakthrough.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 08:03 AM   #12
Nellac
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Nellac

LifeVirus, your game looks fun, and fresh.
Nellac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 08:44 AM   #13
LifeVirus7
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to LifeVirus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKirth View Post
LifeVirus's game looks rather interesting will the chef be a character too?

*Jean Armstrong Dancing*
If I said I fell out of my chair in fright when I first saw him, would that sound like 'He's not in it' to you? I picked characters that appeared in more than one case or had significant importance.

But wow, no IMing/PMing ought to be DAMM interesting. If I wasn't trying to host, Manti would get my vote.
Old 07-1-2008, 10:46 AM   #14
Nellac
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Nellac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeVirus7 View Post
If I wasn't trying to host, Manti would get my vote.
Agreed.
Nellac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

I had something to propose to host, but I guess it will have to wait. Too much good games in here. No AIM? Why not. Manti.
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 02:59 PM   #16
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
This could be a breakthrough.
No, if anything manti's game is the exact opposite of a breakthrough. I feel that it doesn't hold true to the essence of TWG at all. Communication is the most essential part of TWG, and limiting it isn't going to produce a positive effect. As far as the thread, you're going to have two possibilities. One, people are active and you have 4 different conversations going at once and it's going to be VERY difficult to make sense of what the hell is going on. Two, people are going to be put off by the design of the game and the limiting nature of it and become inactive. My vote goes to two simply because even with all the "advantages" the humans have, this game is going to be very easy for the wolves if they have a semblance of intelligence.

You can't withhold information, because everyone has the same information. You can't form a trust or alliance with anyone, because you can't speak privately with them. There won't be any log wars, so evidence to present will be very scarce, and you'll have 10 pages of **** posts trying to salvage a flawed concept.

Now as far as how this affects the roles, it makes the wolves a for sure win. They're not going to slip up in the thread because it's almost impossible to give yourself away solely in the thread, unless you're a complete dumbass. You're going to have wolves that lay low and bandwagon, lowering activity inherently and blue roles being almost completely useless will help too. The seer only becomes useful IF he seers a red, because he can't form a trust or alliance with any green/blue he seers. The guardian as well is completely 100% useless unless the seer comes out with a red name, and that gives him one extra seer. I say this with the understanding that no human will be imperative to the game because everyone will have the same information at hand.

I know manti is proposing this idea to force activity, but I don't think you'll be able to force it. In fact, I'd bet on this game fostering inactivity, if anything.

ps. fiction's game.

flawofhumanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
FictionJunction
FFR Player

yeah pretty much
Old 07-1-2008, 03:12 PM   #18
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

agreed with flaw.

ps fic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 03:53 PM   #19
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I wouldn't say my game is a breakthrough, I see it as a way of giving the greens, just as much of a chance at doing something in the game as the blues.

I played this game before on another site. Even after loosing the seer and the bodyguard to the first wolving and lynching, the humans only lost because the hunter was inactive.

The balance of power in my game is geared more towards the greens than either the blues or the reds.

but vote as you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2008, 04:01 PM   #20
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I wouldn't say my game is a breakthrough, I see it as a way of giving the greens, just as much of a chance at doing something in the game as the blues.

I played this game before on another site. Even after loosing the seer and the bodyguard to the first wolving and lynching, the humans only lost because the hunter was inactive.

The balance of power in my game is geared more towards the greens than either the blues or the reds.

but vote as you will.
If the game is geared away from special roles, why don't you just make a manhunt?

I think the game will breed inactivity among the greens because the game won't be personal and they're unimportant, they can't contribute anything that someone else couldn't. They can't use leverage to lean on a certain person. In fact, without AIM humans are in my opinion less useful than in a normal game, and are basically just fodder. It's going to be pot shots in thin air the whole game, and the wolves are going to decimate. That's just my 2 cents though.

flawofhumanity is offline   Reply With Quote